Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Windows Phone 8.1 Store Shutting Down Mid-December

• BODZ61BODZ6178,576
    Posted on 22 December 19 at 04:35
    Anyone know how I update my Microsoft account on my windows phone Lumia 521 win8.1? Keeps saying "not up to date" and last updated 12 months ago.
  • Dusk X2Dusk X21,982,011
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 03:38
    Well, I made a mistake. I've been having issues with my windows phone since the summer not being able to connect to my microsoft account because I changed my profile email and I couldn't find a way to update it on my phone. All I used my phone for at this point was phone (silly right?) and Pandora in the car. So I got silly today and reset it to factory settings to see if I could update my profile then. Well, here I am in this forum so ya, It looks like I screwed up the Pandora app too now because I can't connect to the store, I'm NOT going to be trying to do any work arounds. Screw it, I never really had time for mobile games anyways, I didn't really like playing on the phone, so I'm out. RIP Window's phone. I will miss you, you were a pretty decent phone for a while before MS bailed on you. I remember dunking you in a Jack and coke one time by accident. Ha, screen flickered for a couple of months after that but you sobered up and kept on working. Battery was shot, but I kept it plugged in the car all the time. (probably risked burning my car up but it didn't!) Could have replaced the battery if I had wanted to spend money on it. Wife has a Galaxy, battery can't be changed I guess, at least not easily. Seems like they keep making stuff more and more disposable. Oh, well time to really buckle down on the non BC 360 games cause that end of life warning light is starting to blink I think.
  • TreviosoTrevioso384,059
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 05:24
    RebornPasture said:
    Kikoo123 said:
    RebornPasture said:
    Kikoo123 said:
    yeah it seems that it will sync on wp10 but wont sync no matter what if you use 7, 8 or 8.1
    Is it still possible to upgrade to wp10? And if so, do you think it would fix the sync? Since store is shutting down, not bothered anymore about the games on there, just want this last achievement for Make it Rain to appear on card. Using a Lumia 640.
    Look I've heard that upgrading to wp10 and then unlocking an achievement will sync but I haven't tried it so idk.
    Ok, can confirm this works - I have a Lumia 640 LTE. I had 19/20 chievos in Make it Rain (WP). When I read this article, thought I'd better crack on and finish this and a few other games I'd downloaded before the store goes - was on WP 8.1. My last achievement for Make it Rain popped on phone but did not sync. I've reached out to MS & Xbox Support and the repsonses were pathetic. I don't use this phone anymore so made the decision to upgrade to WP 10 this morning. Booted Make it Rain up after the upgrade, nothing, still 19/20 on xbox.com. Started Civilization Revolution (WP), unlocked 1st chievo which synced fine and at the same time, Make it Rain also synced, 20/20 smile

I know this won't work for everyone as not all phones can be upgraded. I also don't know if this would work if the game can't run on WP 10?
    Dang. I'm in the same boat. I had 2 achievements that didn't synch. I finished them on my Windows PC, and they unlocked. When I swapped back to Windows Phone, I got facebook to synch to update the Windows Phone, but didn't detect my achievements. I uninstalled the game, but forgot about this. Now I'm probably SOL unless I buy a Windows Phone 10 used on ebay.
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123740,728
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 11:08
    Trevioso said:
    RebornPasture said:
    Kikoo123 said:
    RebornPasture said:
    Kikoo123 said:
    yeah it seems that it will sync on wp10 but wont sync no matter what if you use 7, 8 or 8.1
    Is it still possible to upgrade to wp10? And if so, do you think it would fix the sync? Since store is shutting down, not bothered anymore about the games on there, just want this last achievement for Make it Rain to appear on card. Using a Lumia 640.
    Look I've heard that upgrading to wp10 and then unlocking an achievement will sync but I haven't tried it so idk.
    Ok, can confirm this works - I have a Lumia 640 LTE. I had 19/20 chievos in Make it Rain (WP). When I read this article, thought I'd better crack on and finish this and a few other games I'd downloaded before the store goes - was on WP 8.1. My last achievement for Make it Rain popped on phone but did not sync. I've reached out to MS & Xbox Support and the repsonses were pathetic. I don't use this phone anymore so made the decision to upgrade to WP 10 this morning. Booted Make it Rain up after the upgrade, nothing, still 19/20 on xbox.com. Started Civilization Revolution (WP), unlocked 1st chievo which synced fine and at the same time, Make it Rain also synced, 20/20 smile

I know this won't work for everyone as not all phones can be upgraded. I also don't know if this would work if the game can't run on WP 10?
    Dang. I'm in the same boat. I had 2 achievements that didn't synch. I finished them on my Windows PC, and they unlocked. When I swapped back to Windows Phone, I got facebook to synch to update the Windows Phone, but didn't detect my achievements. I uninstalled the game, but forgot about this. Now I'm probably SOL unless I buy a Windows Phone 10 used on ebay.
    See weird, on my wp 8.1 when i go onto the xbox app it says im not signed in but when I play any game it signs me in and when I unlock an achievement it syncs it to xbox straight away. I know this because I just had my xbox one on at the dashboard, I unlocked a 10g achievement on wp and then my dashboard on xbox one refreshed itself and added 10g. Like wp achievements are working better than ever for me now and I don't know why but I love it. Everything syncs straight away I don't even need to go into the xbox app. If I do go into the xbox app tho it says im not signed in for some reason but when I play any xbox live enabled game it signs me in
    ore wa ochinchin ga daisuki nandayo
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 00:33, Edited on 14 February 20 at 00:34 by R4AssaultRifle
    As of February 12th 2020, it appears the Xbox Games app for Windows Phone 8.1 is acting up again. It syncs my Xbox 360 and Xbox One and Windows PC achievements but not syncing any Windows Phone achievements. Tried for 2 days to sync my Windows Phone achievements but its only syncing Console or PC achievements (can't confirm yet) at the moment i assume

Anyone else experiencing issues again?
  • Sir PaulygonSir Paulygon1,343,750
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 00:41
    R4AssaultRifle said:
    As of February 12th 2020, it appears the Xbox Games app for Windows Phone 8.1 is acting up again. It syncs my Xbox 360 and Xbox One and Windows PC achievements but not syncing any Windows Phone achievements. Tried for 2 days to sync my Windows Phone achievements but its only syncing Console or PC achievements (can't confirm yet) at the moment i assume

Anyone else experiencing issues again?
    I haven't tried myself, but I know of one other having issues with WP 8.1 -- however, I haven't heard any reports on W10M.
  • Bastian ReaderBastian Reader1,675,954
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 07:13, Edited on 14 February 20 at 07:26 by Bastian Reader
    Wp 8.1 is not syncing for me as well. Halo spartan strike sync trick isn’t working either.

Wp 10 still syncs
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 16:43
    Oddly enough WP 8.1 syncs 360 and One achievements but does not update the 360 title played or any WP games.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete3,035,152
  • Posted on 19 February 20 at 02:50, Edited on 19 February 20 at 02:50 by Shadow Kisuragi
    Spirochaete said:
    WP in-game leaderboards are down (again) as well.

so who wants to man up, put up a post, kick up some dust on this

remember this one from a few months ago, and MS's quick coverup:

link hidden
    Yeah, that was after my Xbox.com thread was locked and the poor customer support lady mentioned that might be the last bastion of support possible. cry

She mentioned there's literally no way she can escalate issues now internally for Windows Phone, so you just have to hope you can get someone's attention somehow.
  • JeffMommJeffMomm426,328
    Posted on 19 February 20 at 22:53
    I am also having achievement sync issues in WP 8.1. I unlocked an achievement back in Jan. in Monster Go! and it synced right away. I unlocked one today in the same game on the same phone and it is not syncing to Xbox.com. :-( My Xbox app on that phone will sync my gamerscore but not the achievement I unlocked.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw958,727
    Posted on 21 April 20 at 18:31
    No unlocks on Win8 phone for all games I tried. They unlock in the apps, but never sync
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads