Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King Review

  • kintariskintaris323,015
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,581
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 15:05Permalink
    Actually glad this 'remaster' performed poorly. Nostalgia can't save an older game with so many flaws.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
  • AboveHunterAboveHunter419,754
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 15:09Permalink
    so then i'll wait for a sale to get this
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13355,158
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 15:09Permalink
    Even if both games were 10 out of 10 it really doesnt justify a £30 price tag for two games. Even at a fiver would require some thought
  • supadryzsupadryz443,281
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 15:13Permalink
    If it was Aladdin by it self at reduced price I would have bought this as loved it on the SNES but I have no interest in Lion King game
  • mrbellekmrbellek344,355
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 15:26, Edited on 29 October 19 at 15:26 by mrbellekPermalink
    Will probably pick this up at a sale, since my wife and me used to play both these games as kids. :)
  • Posted on 29 October 19 at 15:39Permalink
    Not everything deserves a rerelease.
  • Extrema22Extrema22135,362
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 16:13Permalink
    These games were a big part of my childhood but man, €35 for this?!? Will probably be on sale for €10 or less next year.
  • HuwCW87HuwCW87165,766
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 16:18Permalink
    I'll still get it but when it gets a decent discount.
  • Vulgar LatinVulgar Latin766,795
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 16:42Permalink
    I'm interested but not for 30 bucks. Genesis Aladdin was good but not THAT good.
  • gavmanwv3gavmanwv3788,294
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 17:12Permalink
    If it is like the Disney Afternoon Collection, the price will eventually plummet. I might get it then. I do like Aladdin, so the patience might pay off price-wise. dance
  • HalycopterHalycopter411,993
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 17:28Permalink
    The Lion King did have cheat codes.
    Press Right, A, A, B, Start in the options - you get a level select screen along with invincibility.

    Don't know if it works on this version as I don't have it, but it'd be useful if it does!
  • etcher1981etcher1981602,911
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 17:30Permalink
    Just buy a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and flash RetroPie to it. Download Aladdin, The Lion King Ect…(as ROMS) and play the hell outta these old games. Its really not that hard of a choice.
    Modern Gaming....LOLOL what a joke.
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer2832,420
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 17:34Permalink
    etcher1981 said:
    Just buy a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and flash RetroPie to it. Download Aladdin, The Lion King Ect…(as ROMS) and play the hell outta these old games. Its really not that hard of a choice.
    Unless you are a achievement whore.
    XBOX 4 LIFE
  • X Dirge XX Dirge X843,963
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 19:04Permalink
    Dakrkplayer2 said:
    etcher1981 said:
    Just buy a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and flash RetroPie to it. Download Aladdin, The Lion King Ect…(as ROMS) and play the hell outta these old games. Its really not that hard of a choice.
    Unless you are a achievement whore.
    Or someone who doesn't want to steal the game.
    Or someone who would like a higher resolution port of the game.
  • SuperS0nicSamSuperS0nicSam1,294,653
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 19:28Permalink
    The reviewer mentioned a lack of a chapter select, but there is indeed a level select function in the game. Still, great remasters and enjoyed every second of playtime :) Worth every penny.
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,183,872
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 21:55Permalink
    SuperS0nicSam said:
    The reviewer mentioned a lack of a chapter select, but there is indeed a level select function in the game. Still, great remasters and enjoyed every second of playtime :) Worth every penny.
    Level Select does disable achievements though
  • pezboybenpezboyben620,619
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 03:52Permalink
    Unstackable difficulty achievements is inexcusable these days.
  • t3hOutlawt3hOutlaw415,100
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 09:23Permalink
    supadryz said:
    If it was Aladdin by it self at reduced price I would have bought this as loved it on the SNES but I have no interest in Lion King game
    The SNES version was different from the Megadrive/Genesis version.

    This is the Megadrive/Genesis Aladdin.
  • kintariskintaris323,015
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 09:59Permalink
    SuperS0nicSam said:
    The reviewer mentioned a lack of a chapter select, but there is indeed a level select function in the game. Still, great remasters and enjoyed every second of playtime :) Worth every penny.
    Thanks for the heads up, I've amended that section.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.