Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter Leads the November Games with Gold Lineup

• HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,015,890
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 21:44Permalink
    I got the previous Sherlock Holmes (Crimes and Punishments) in Gold and was surprised, absolutely loved the game. Bought the Devil's Daughter later and I was really disappointed with it. It is playable but the cases are weak and the solutions are not interesting. The semi open world adds nothing. The overarching story is a mess.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,156,119
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 21:44Permalink
    3 former Game Pass games (and The Final Station had been given away for free for watching the E3 show on Mixer). What the fuck Microsoft.
    This is truly embarrassing.
  • Posted on 30 October 19 at 21:46Permalink
    Marcos Aspira said:
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    It only took 7 1/2 years for Joy Ride Turbo to finally be released for free, like was originally promised roll
    What do you mean? I got it back in the day on GWG.
    No you didn't. It's GWG in November.
  • Posted on 30 October 19 at 21:49Permalink
    Not bad, not good... all games are often in the sales. Sherlock is a nice game. I am looking forwad to the star wars game.
  • GampiSGampiS355,488
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 21:54Permalink
    Well I was alwaya interested in Sherlock gamw but on handheld device. This should do. Already have the other games and they are not bad. Also this month was also nice with the Friday 13th as Halloween game.
    Im not complaining this time unlike on Playststion forums lol.
  • Posted on 30 October 19 at 21:56Permalink
    I lost so many hours to Jedi Starfighter as a kid, really enjoyed that game!
  • Posted on 30 October 19 at 22:15Permalink
    Love the Sherlock Holmes gamesrocksmilerocksmile
  • BellatrixzBellatrixz529,128
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 22:16Permalink
    I missed out on The Final Station when it was on Gamepass so i guess now i'll finally get to play it
  • Posted on 30 October 19 at 22:30Permalink
    Look at all the crybabies
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE290,809
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 22:41, Edited on 30 October 19 at 22:42 by GRAND NOBLEPermalink
    I got FINAL STATION free from Xbox years ago, and it was a really great, really fun, simple but intriguing side-scrolling pixel-art game about a distopian future with a (kinda-explained) government cover up and zombie-like enemies.

It's so much fun. And the DLC I bought for $5 (i tihnk?) when it came out later to re-100% the game. It requires a LOT of playthroughs like 7? But it's pretty quick and painless.

Such a great game overall. I highly highly highly recommend!!!
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • Posted on 30 October 19 at 22:45Permalink
    I think final station was part of mix pot 2017 or something.
  • Posted on 30 October 19 at 22:49Permalink
    The Devils Daughter was just ok IMO but if you like point and click this will be a good addition to your library.

Final Station isn’t hard but I didn’t find the base game much fun. The story is pretty confusing unless you read everything. The DLC has some nice TA but requires 11 playthroughs, that’s right 11 playthroughs. The story really falls apart with the DLC, some makes sense and ties into each other but more of it is just more questions. I even tried googling what the story was about and didn’t any help, nobody knows what’s happening in that game.
  • AgabaWukyAgabaWuky386,719
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 23:13Permalink
    Gotta clear my throat here... Ahem.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Boooo, Wendy Testaburger! Boooooooo!
  • John AceyJohn Acey241,602
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 23:23Permalink
    Hmm-mh..
    I guess the only game from this list I'll get all the achievements will be Star Wars Jedi Starfighter.
    That's about it.
  • Posted on 30 October 19 at 23:40Permalink
    Well, this is rather underwhelming.
    I guess I'll give Sherlock Holmes a try... eventually.
    It might take some convincing, but we'll have it my way.
  • Posted on 30 October 19 at 23:56Permalink
    I mean I don't really expect much out of these at this point, so at least there is what looks like an easy completion, I'll take what I can get. I'll play Sherlock Holmes for the completion at some point but that's likely it. Maybe Star Wars but probably not.
    I would be Unstoppable, if not for Law Enforcement and Physics
  • Lobo SamhainLobo Samhain424,202
    Posted on 30 October 19 at 23:58, Edited on 31 October 19 at 00:00 by Lobo SamhainPermalink
    DeadlyName007 said:
    AlterPred said:
    "Starfighter is a racing game set around the events of Star Wars: Episode II."

Racing game?
    No, it's not a racing game, but a flight-combat game.
    Also the protagonist's name is Adi not Ada
  • Lobo SamhainLobo Samhain424,202
    Posted on 31 October 19 at 00:02Permalink
    John Acey said:
    Hmm-mh..
    I guess the only game from this list I'll get all the achievements will be Star Wars Jedi Starfighter.
    That's about it.
    No Achievements on OG Xbox titles
    Also the protagonist's name is Adi not Ada
  • Epic LouieEpic Louie1,463,683
    Posted on 31 October 19 at 00:07Permalink
    Devil's Daughter is available to download for free.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Posted on 31 October 19 at 00:24Permalink
    Lobo Samhain said:
    John Acey said:
    Hmm-mh..
    That's about it.
    No Achievements on OG Xbox titles
    Psst! That's the joke! laugh
    It might take some convincing, but we'll have it my way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.