Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

Welcome to the brand new TrueAchievements website!

  • J4CKA1J4CKA1174,781
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 19:11, Edited on 06 November 19 at 19:12 by J4CKA1Permalink
    Rapture639 said:
    Is there a reason why I can't see when someone unlocked an achievement? On the old site, if I was browsing a game that someone played, it would show the date of when that person unlocked that achievement for any unlocked achievement. Now, it seems like the only way to do that now is to compare games with them, and I can only do that when I've played the game and unlocked at least one achievement in it myself...
    I just tried it on a friend's game and one of yours and it worked fine with games I've never played. Maybe it's on your end.
  • ZlexisTxZlexisTx6,578
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 14:13Permalink
    Fantastic news! The new site looks great. compute
  • Lord MidasLord Midas247,458
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 14:23Permalink
    It really is a beautiful thing. Re-enforcing the fact this is the best site on the internet. Well done, Rich and the team.
    Would you kindly
  • Shadow XBLShadow XBL267,559
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 14:54Permalink
    GsO Light said:
    Shadow XBL said:
    Jonny V Centa said:
    IMC said:
    Not a fan to be honest... I understand if y'all have no interest in doing so, but would an option to roll back to the old site be possible?
    I second this. New site is probably good but I’m not a fan of change, I’m so familiar with the old site after using it for years so I’d like the option to revert back as well, if possible!
    Gotta get over it. Things change, you'll learn to love it. No site ever stays the same. Even reddit upgraded. Plus it's not feasible to keep two separate versions of the site running, takes a lot of resources.
    How are the resources reduced, the desktop website is still separate from the mobile website, the only difference is the desktop website has been made mobile friendly, just in case mobile users ever decide to open up a comptuer angry
    sites are dynamic now. They're not two separate sites - they just conform to the screen you're on.

    It's the same reason that forums don't let you keep the old forum if it upgrades. because it would have to run completely separate forums and updates and link them together.
  • Rapture639Rapture6391,722,547
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 19:07Permalink
    J4CKA1 said:
    Rapture639 said:
    Is there a reason why I can't see when someone unlocked an achievement? On the old site, if I was browsing a game that someone played, it would show the date of when that person unlocked that achievement for any unlocked achievement. Now, it seems like the only way to do that now is to compare games with them, and I can only do that when I've played the game and unlocked at least one achievement in it myself...
    I just tried it on a friend's game and one of yours and it worked fine with games I've never played. Maybe it's on your end.
    I see it now. Don't know why it wasn't showing up before. Thanks!
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1174,781
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 23:09Permalink
    Rapture639 said:
    J4CKA1 said:
    Rapture639 said:
    Is there a reason why I can't see when someone unlocked an achievement? On the old site, if I was browsing a game that someone played, it would show the date of when that person unlocked that achievement for any unlocked achievement. Now, it seems like the only way to do that now is to compare games with them, and I can only do that when I've played the game and unlocked at least one achievement in it myself...
    I just tried it on a friend's game and one of yours and it worked fine with games I've never played. Maybe it's on your end.
    I see it now. Don't know why it wasn't showing up before. Thanks!
    Hmm IDK... glad it's working now!
  • CobraToddCobraTodd188,475
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 09:48Permalink
    Like the new site but now it hard to tell what achievement you unlocked and are locked are harder now that a down from
    Me I prefer the old website personal this new stuff sucks
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1174,781
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 14:48Permalink
    Please see the settings page for the game session calendar. The times and check boxes no longer match up (Google Chrome - PC).

    Thanks TA crew.
  • ERS x JoshERS x Josh93,464
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 18:33Permalink
    This new design is awesome! Makes it easier to navigate on phone :)
  • Posted on 08 November 19 at 21:33Permalink
    Is there a way to get the old UI back, I really don't like this new one.
  • Posted on 09 November 19 at 03:07Permalink
    Awesome, the Dark Theme love it
  • Posted on 09 November 19 at 15:58Permalink
    Shadow XBL said:
    GsO Light said:
    Shadow XBL said:
    Jonny V Centa said:
    IMC said:
    Not a fan to be honest... I understand if y'all have no interest in doing so, but would an option to roll back to the old site be possible?
    I second this. New site is probably good but I’m not a fan of change, I’m so familiar with the old site after using it for years so I’d like the option to revert back as well, if possible!
    Gotta get over it. Things change, you'll learn to love it. No site ever stays the same. Even reddit upgraded. Plus it's not feasible to keep two separate versions of the site running, takes a lot of resources.
    How are the resources reduced, the desktop website is still separate from the mobile website, the only difference is the desktop website has been made mobile friendly, just in case mobile users ever decide to open up a comptuer angry
    sites are dynamic now. They're not two separate sites - they just conform to the screen you're on.

    It's the same reason that forums don't let you keep the old forum if it upgrades. because it would have to run completely separate forums and updates and link them together.
    To be honest, I’m getting used to the new site now, it’s got some pretty cool features. I like how they kept the gaming sessions page pretty much the same. I’ve always thought it was good the way it was with the little boxes and rolling week combination. The new dark theme is pretty cool. The drop down menu to see your messages and notifications makes it less of a ball-ache now tbh. I still think the option to revert back would be cool but I can certainly live with the new site. Fair play, TA.
  • atryeu1atryeu1211,105
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 18:44Permalink
    Is anybody else no longer getting email notifications about comments on friend feeds? I haven't since yesterday now. They are showing in the little notification thing at the top but I want an email telling me there was a message again otherwise I don't know I have one waiting and to come check the site :( All my settings are the same and it's supposed to send me an email still.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,348,541
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 23:33Permalink
    atryeu1 said:
    Is anybody else no longer getting email notifications about comments on friend feeds? I haven't since yesterday now. They are showing in the little notification thing at the top but I want an email telling me there was a message again otherwise I don't know I have one waiting and to come check the site :( All my settings are the same and it's supposed to send me an email still.
    It's probably because the emails were tied to getting messages, and you don't get messages for friend feed notifications anymore, just well...notifications. If that is to continue, I'm guessing they'd have to update it to send emails for notifications as well as/instead of messages only.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • atryeu1atryeu1211,105
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 05:05Permalink
    iMaginaryy said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Is anybody else no longer getting email notifications about comments on friend feeds? I haven't since yesterday now. They are showing in the little notification thing at the top but I want an email telling me there was a message again otherwise I don't know I have one waiting and to come check the site :( All my settings are the same and it's supposed to send me an email still.
    It's probably because the emails were tied to getting messages, and you don't get messages for friend feed notifications anymore, just well...notifications. If that is to continue, I'm guessing they'd have to update it to send emails for notifications as well as/instead of messages only.
    That's the thing though.... I was still getting email notifications after the change until yesterday sometime. All of my settings for getting comments on my feed (or replies to my comments on friend feeds) are still set to Private Message and all Private Messages are set to send an email. The new site went out Nov 1st according to the first post in this thread. I was still getting email notifications for comments and such until the 7th and then the 8th I have comments I haven't seen according to the site but no notification emails or Private Messages about them like I was getting before. Is nobody else having this problem suddenly?
  • Posted on 10 November 19 at 08:10Permalink
    While new site looks clean, I think I prefer the old clunky version. I knew where everything was and didnt mind pinching my phone screen to make areas larger. Not sure I'd do as much with this version. I'd take a roll back if available.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,348,541
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 10:18Permalink
    atryeu1 said:
    iMaginaryy said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Is anybody else no longer getting email notifications about comments on friend feeds? I haven't since yesterday now. They are showing in the little notification thing at the top but I want an email telling me there was a message again otherwise I don't know I have one waiting and to come check the site :( All my settings are the same and it's supposed to send me an email still.
    It's probably because the emails were tied to getting messages, and you don't get messages for friend feed notifications anymore, just well...notifications. If that is to continue, I'm guessing they'd have to update it to send emails for notifications as well as/instead of messages only.
    That's the thing though.... I was still getting email notifications after the change until yesterday sometime. All of my settings for getting comments on my feed (or replies to my comments on friend feeds) are still set to Private Message and all Private Messages are set to send an email. The new site went out Nov 1st according to the first post in this thread. I was still getting email notifications for comments and such until the 7th and then the 8th I have comments I haven't seen according to the site but no notification emails or Private Messages about them like I was getting before. Is nobody else having this problem suddenly?
    That's about when that particular change was made though. Originally when the new site came out you got a message AND a notification. Starting around the time you stopped getting emails it changed to just notifications. So that's what I meant :)
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • ParadoxReal8ParadoxReal8663,716
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 13:25Permalink
    I lost Monday on the mobile site....
    When looking at the calendar for session, by any view options, week or month, Monday is nowhere to be found.
    I’ll switch to desktop till it solved.
    I’d like an option to go back to old website.
  • HerzeleidHerzeleid190,545 190,545 GamerScore
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 19:06Permalink
    Can I revert to the old design?. This design actually hurts my eyes and it is hard to focus.. =/
  • Posted on 11 November 19 at 08:56Permalink
    Love the new website except for the part you are loading your stylesheet after content has loaded, so on a pageload I see a website without stylesheet for 1-2 seconds.

    I get that for speed optimalizations..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.