Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

TrueAchievements Redesign Bug Reports

• dakisbacdakisbac657,522
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 10:08Permalink
    When viewing my gaming sessions on mobile, the table gets cut off and I can't see how many players are in the sessions. This an issue when the phone is in default, portrait position, but is fine when rotated to landscape. It wouldn't be ideal but I could live with it if the table/page was scrollable horizontally, but it's not. Only solution is to rotate my phone (which I have disabled by default, screen rotation is irritating) or switch to desktop mode, which is what we're trying to get away from with this update

URL: dakisbac's Gaming Sessions
    Device: Pixel 2
  • DeceptiveTenDeceptiveTen756,471
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 10:25Permalink
    might have found a bug.
    I took Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 off my boost list but I still get Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 in my mail and it shows I took it off my boost list
    deceptiveten
  • WebChimp UKWebChimp UK524,767
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 11:38Permalink
    dakisbac said:
    When viewing my gaming sessions on mobile, the table gets cut off and I can't see how many players are in the sessions. This an issue when the phone is in default, portrait position, but is fine when rotated to landscape. It wouldn't be ideal but I could live with it if the table/page was scrollable horizontally, but it's not. Only solution is to rotate my phone (which I have disabled by default, screen rotation is irritating) or switch to desktop mode, which is what we're trying to get away from with this update

URL: dakisbac's Gaming Sessions
    Device: Pixel 2
    Thank you, this is fixed pending a site update.
    Signature
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 11:42Permalink
    dakisbac said:
    Not sure if this qualifies as bug, probably just feedback, but the color of the search icon (magnifying glass) at the top looks off when using the dark theme.
    Thank you, this is tweaked pending a site update.
    Signature
  • dakisbacdakisbac657,522
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 11:51Permalink
    WebChimp UK said:
    dakisbac said:
    Not sure if this qualifies as bug, probably just feedback, but the color of the search icon (magnifying glass) at the top looks off when using the dark theme.
    Thank you, this is tweaked pending a site update.
    Love how on top of these bugs you guys are. Great job!
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 11:55Permalink
    BB rocker said:
    Sashamorning said:
    BB rocker said:
    Random bug, one of my friends, when i select on his name i get just a white page. i have tried on firefox on desktop and also on duckduckgo browser on android.

Bloody Nine

I am seeing this issue when trying to view his account from my gamer feed. I click on his name and it just gives me the blank page.

If i go into a recent achievement and select his name i get
    Bloody nine
    Looks like this is because of MS allowing duplicate tags. The gamer has a 4 digit number appended to it, but TA isn't using it.
    This is the same conclusion I came too, but the main page seems to not properly link to the 4 digit link.
    Thank you, this is fixed pending an update.
    Signature
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,348,541
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 13:43Permalink
    ^ Any news on the "xx gamers want to boost" list?
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Dr MartyDr Marty524,629
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 14:09Permalink
    Chrome on Galaxy S9 desktop version of the site:
    Two days ago the "double-tap-and-drag" method for zooming in or out worked. This morning it stopped working. There was no update of chrome in the meantime. So I'm wondering if you guys changed something...
  • onsamyjonsamyj166,482
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 16:18, Edited today at 11:58 by onsamyjPermalink
    Minor thing, but just in case it broke something else, Search field sticks out: https://imgur.com/93FOtvM
  • Shadow XBLShadow XBL267,559
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 16:25Permalink
    WebChimp UK said:
    Shadow XBL said:
    upcoming games where the release dates are just a year (e.g. 2020) are showing up as 2,020 with a comma.
    Thank you. Would you be able to provide a link to the page on the site you are seeing this happen?

This was happening on the wishlist and is now fixed. Thank you.
    Sorry I didn't see this. Yes, Wishlist and thanks!
  • AKXOneAKXOne424,587
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 16:27, Edited on 08 November 19 at 16:28 by AKXOnePermalink
    Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I haven't seen any posts about it yet.

I've noticed that the sort order of game lists is lost if you move between pages. I was on the Xbox Game Pass Games page and had sorted the list by completion time (https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-game-pass/games).

The first page was fine, all games were sorted correctly and all the quick completions were listed first. However, when I moved to page 2, the sort order had reverted to alphabetical.

This is on the desktop version of the site using the latest version of Chrome.
  • R06U3R06U3258,988
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 06:21, Edited on 11 November 19 at 15:33 by R06U3Permalink
    This is not really a bug, but more of a display issue when viewing multiple days. When viewing the Gaming Sessions page in Dark mode, the current day background is set to yellow but the text for the current day is still displayed in white, which makes it difficult to read.

Another display issue on the Gaming Sessions page is that when viewing multiple days and a table is used to display the information, the text for the last day of each row is not using the same spacing from the top of the row as all the previous days on the same row. This seems to occur in both light and dark mode, so it's probably an issue with the base table layout regardless of platform.

UPDATE: Since other text in the column seems to be directly next to the column borders, this may be an issue with margins and/or text wrap being set differently.

URL: Gaming Sessions
  • Dr MartyDr Marty524,629
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 14:16Permalink
    I was just logged out and the "double-tap-and-drag" method for zooming did work on the desktop version of the site on my phone. But after I logged back in it stopped working. What is that all about?
  • l BlackBrian7 ll BlackBrian7 l1,046,520
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 17:43Permalink
    Not really a bug but when there is a gaming session with only DLC achievements, it no longer says the DLC pack that they come from, making them look like base game achs, if you are unfamiliar with the game.

It does work fine though when there is at least one base game ach in the session, then it lists the others as part of a DLC pack with a link to it.
  • xNeo21xxNeo21x522,400
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 01:00Permalink
    Speaking of Gaming Sessions... When you are looking at a session, the achievements in the session aren’t highlighted so you don’t know which achievments in the session you have already.

Did development completely abandon this thread? During the beta they were responding frequently and putting new patches live a couple times a day but now it’s been nearly a week without a word from them. They pushed the redesign live for everyone and getting it working“good enough” and then leave it as is?
  • Posted on 10 November 19 at 01:25, Edited on 10 November 19 at 03:10 by LV 1 Blue SlimePermalink
    xNeo21x said:
    Speaking of Gaming Sessions... When you are looking at a session, the achievements in the session aren’t highlighted so you don’t know which achievments in the session you have already.

Did development completely abandon this thread? During the beta they were responding frequently and putting new patches live a couple times a day but now it’s been nearly a week without a word from them. They pushed the redesign live for everyone and getting it working“good enough” and then leave it as is?
    Last post from the devs was yesterday from : WebChimp UK

Seems like they skipped my post though : TrueAchievements Redesign Bug Reports

Not being able to add images is a big deal. Basically either have to wait for a fix or use imgur or something until then.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Posted on 10 November 19 at 02:18Permalink
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    xNeo21x said:

Last post from the devs was yesterday from : WebChimp UK

Seems like they skipped my post though : TrueAchievements Redesign Bug Reports

Not being to add images is a big deal. Basically either have to wait for a fix or use imgur or something until then.
    Not sure what the deal is with this thread because there have been a significant amount of problems that have been ignored.
  • R06U3R06U3258,988
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 03:40Permalink
    Software development and web development both have similar steps to follow for normal issues versus emergency issues.

I'm confident that the developer team is taking note of all identified non-critical issues and working on fixing those issues while doing regression testing to make sure that nothing else gets broken by a change to fix a different issue. Pushing out fixes quickly without proper testing has no place in normal development as it could easily cause more issues than it resolves.

I think the dev team needs a reasonable amount of time to sort out everything and everyone should recognize the amazing job they've done.
  • onsamyjonsamyj166,482
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 09:16, Edited today at 11:57 by onsamyjPermalink
    I don’t think devs stopped working. If you look closely, you can see evidence of them changing something at least every couple of days. What I grant you, is a lack of communication. I don’t expect an answer to every post here or full Trello board or anything like that, but regular (weekly, monthly, whatever) updates would be welcomed. Something simple, “hey, we did that, still doing those“, kinda thing.

Login Linking not formatted properly: https://i.imgur.com/EU1sLhu.png
  • ParadoxReal8ParadoxReal8663,716
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 12:21Permalink
    I don’t see the place to put a picture but I took a screenshot of that bug that make the new mobile website unusable. When I checked the calendar, like for sessions, Monday seems to be nowhere. It has simply disappeared. I’ll switch to the desktop site until it solved, but I thought the old site was really better. More intuitive and easier to find our options.

I use an IPhone 8 with Safari.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.