Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Afterparty Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 04 November 19 at 19:46Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss the Afterparty walkthrough
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes94524,855
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 11:37Permalink
    Just an FYI, I'm testing this currently. Hoping it will be out by the weekend, but I'm inundated with work at the moment. Been able to verify the save manipulation technique works with a guinea pig, which is good news.
  • HealttiHealtti1,960,796
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 12:01, Edited on 11 November 19 at 12:08 by HealttiPermalink
    EDIT: I'm realizing we're probably talking about the same exact method in which case nevermind my post below! smile

Speaking of save manip techniques, I'm hoping in you're laying it out as such that you play both sides 50-50, only siding with one character over the other at the last possible story point, but not before a backup save is created (to the cloud or a 2nd console/device) which can be loaded to skip the majority of the subsequent playthrough. I hope that makes sense...?

Anyway, if your strat is to do two complete runs, could I ask for a reference point considering what I said above.

Thanks in advance! 👍
    "We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 16:29, Edited on 11 November 19 at 16:54 by NoHeroes94Permalink
    Healtti said:
    EDIT: I'm realizing we're probably talking about the same exact method in which case nevermind my post below! smile

Speaking of save manip techniques, I'm hoping in you're laying it out as such that you play both sides 50-50, only siding with one character over the other at the last possible story point, but not before a backup save is created (to the cloud or a 2nd console/device) which can be loaded to skip the majority of the subsequent playthrough. I hope that makes sense...?

Anyway, if your strat is to do two complete runs, could I ask for a reference point considering what I said above.

Thanks in advance! 👍
    At the moment I am doing a side with one and side with the other, over 1 3/4 playthroughs. At present, you'll earn your last achievement (presuming save manipulation works) by...

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

In my humble opinion, the method I have planned is the clearest way of doing it in a way where the game is enjoyable and natural to play, with a very nominal impact on time. If you disagree and feel I could save A LOT more time, feel free to inbox me! If it's the sake of an hour, I don't really want to be mixing and matching things too much. Streamlining people's time is important but I feel clarity is the #1 priority.
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 16:56Permalink
    NoHeroes94 said:
    If it's the sake of an hour, I don't really want to be mixing and matching things too much. Streamlining people's time is important but I feel clarity is the #1 priority.
    Sound reasoning.

I'll get back to you if there's something to sort out.
    "We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
  • VudixVudix960,260
    Posted on 16 November 19 at 17:52Permalink
    Can I hear about this save manipulation thing in DMs? Wondering if this can work with other titles.
    Vudix
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink1,355,958
    Posted on 19 November 19 at 05:20Permalink
    Where is the walkthrough. If you have it done can you put it up please?
  • Posted on 19 November 19 at 06:30Permalink
    SprinkyDink said:
    Where is the walkthrough. If you have it done can you put it up please?
    It's in the process of being proofread and reviewed. As well as the other handful of walkthroughs I'm proofing right now.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Posted on 29 November 19 at 18:32Permalink
    The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Afterparty Walkthrough
    Posted on 07 December 19 at 12:57, Edited on 07 December 19 at 13:00 by HealttiPermalink
    Healtti said:
    NoHeroes94 said:
    If it's the sake of an hour, I don't really want to be mixing and matching things too much. Streamlining people's time is important but I feel clarity is the #1 priority.
    Sound reasoning.
    A quick debrief: I stored a hard save checkpoint at the Fela / Lynda choice. From thereon I tried playing both sides but got stuck with Lola at the end. Bummer! Had to do a 2nd partial playthrough from that "checkpoint" which saved me maybe 1½ hours tops...
    Pretty much exactly what you had anticipated.

Thanks for the WT!

EDIT: Oh, one more thing, the stacking achievement is a pain to do vs Greg because of the checkpoint. You'll have to talk for minutes before you can go again. I recommend the Apollyon duel instead, which is part of the story and has a quick checkpoint. 👍
    Posted on 07 December 19 at 13:04Permalink
    Healtti said:
    Healtti said:
    NoHeroes94 said:
    Sound reasoning.
    A quick debrief: I stored a hard save checkpoint at the Fela / Lynda choice. From thereon I tried playing both sides but got stuck with Lola at the end. Bummer! Had to do a 2nd partial playthrough from that "checkpoint" which saved me maybe 1½ hours tops...
    Pretty much exactly what you had anticipated.

Thanks for the WT!

EDIT: Oh, one more thing, the stacking achievement is a pain to do vs Greg because of the checkpoint. You'll have to talk for minutes before you can go again. I recommend the Apollyon duel instead, which is part of the story and has a quick checkpoint. 👍
    Thank you! Also, I personally got a checkpoint by there; I remember because I was terrible at the mini-game on my first playthrough and found it very easy to keep retrying so persevered . Not sure why you didn't get a checkpoint, but of course Polly is also a good opponent to do this against.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv448,753
    Posted on 08 December 19 at 21:42Permalink
    You can do the save manipulation when you get to the second drinking game (stacking) versus satan, saving you about 30 minutes if you're going for all endings at once. Unfortunately I didn't discover this until I had only the third ending achievement to go, but I tested it several times before finishing the third ending achievement and after getting the achievement (which is when the next autosave triggers) and it worked every time. When satan invites you to start the drinking game, the game autosaves, and you can do the save manipulation from this point instead (right before you get the option to "sit"). Perhaps I've overlooked something, but since all ending achievements seem to be related to the second drinking game (stacking) only, I don't see a reason to do it the long way.

Since I already got two of the ending achievements I can't say with 100% confidence this is guaranteed, but it seems like it should work from the tests I ran. I did use the method to see a different ending (beat satan), so logically, to me, that should trigger the corresponding achievement.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
    Posted yesterday at 16:12, Edited yesterday at 16:14 by NoHeroes94Permalink
    Schinderdiv said:
    You can do the save manipulation when you get to the second drinking game (stacking) versus satan, saving you about 30 minutes if you're going for all endings at once. Unfortunately I didn't discover this until I had only the third ending achievement to go, but I tested it several times before finishing the third ending achievement and after getting the achievement (which is when the next autosave triggers) and it worked every time. When satan invites you to start the drinking game, the game autosaves, and you can do the save manipulation from this point instead (right before you get the option to "sit"). Perhaps I've overlooked something, but since all ending achievements seem to be related to the second drinking game (stacking) only, I don't see a reason to do it the long way.

Since I already got two of the ending achievements I can't say with 100% confidence this is guaranteed, but it seems like it should work from the tests I ran. I did use the method to see a different ending (beat satan), so logically, to me, that should trigger the corresponding achievement.
    I never risked doing the checkpoint this late, but your reasoning is sound. To be candid I'm overly cautious, and categorically knew that outside Satan's would work. If I can replicate, I'll make the change (probably later this week). Thanks for your input!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.