The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: November 5th, 2019

  • poppa gizzlypoppa gizzly144,868
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 02:04Permalink
    V3ntilator said:
    Again only one game on my wishlist is on sale, and costs more than previous sales. PS4 sales have gone downhill too.

    Nintendo Switch...Thats where sales shines.
    Nintendo have new deals 6 days a week up to 98% off.
    There is up to 10's of games for 1$ each on Switch every week.

    Microsoft and Sony have nothing close to Nintendo sales anymore.
    Yeah, and those $1 on the Switch probably suck worse than Xbox Indie games or theyre rehashed NES games from 30 years ago facepalm
  • SeitzzSeitzz764,188
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 02:09Permalink
    Quantium G said:
    Why are they even bothering running sales when everyone is just waiting till the end of the month anyways?
    Pretty much all I'm waiting for at this point. Sales have been lackluster as of late, just waiting for the big ones coming up and hoping that what I'm looking for goes on sale.
  • mkdfanmkdfan650,020
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 02:24, Edited on 05 November 19 at 02:25 by mkdfanPermalink
    Picked up Rememoried as it’s cheap and an easy 1K.
    Can’t wait for the Black Friday sales. Hope they’re good!
  • Posted on 05 November 19 at 02:28Permalink
    V3ntilator said:
    Again only one game on my wishlist is on sale, and costs more than previous sales. PS4 sales have gone downhill too.

    Nintendo Switch...Thats where sales shines.
    Nintendo have new deals 6 days a week up to 98% off.
    There is up to 10's of games for 1$ each on Switch every week.

    Microsoft and Sony have nothing close to Nintendo sales anymore.
    Too bad their first-party games never go on any major sale.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,080,325
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 02:36Permalink
    i hope peopel realize there are slim pickings because black friday sales are just around the corner. i am sure MW will be 40%off, along with borderlands 3 at 30% off.
  • Posted on 05 November 19 at 02:45Permalink
    Quantium G said:
    Why are they even bothering running sales when everyone is just waiting till the end of the month anyways?
    I know this is more of a joking comment, but Microsoft "has" to run a weekly sale for XBL Gold members due to advertising of such a feature in the subscription.
  • thanatos8285thanatos8285307,810
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:02Permalink
    DrDolem said:
    Celtic Corpze said:
    Damn ,got hopes up with goat simulator DLC on sale, unfortunately not for win10 though roll
    Seconded laugh
    Third...ed(?)

    Seems weird that they don't just automatically put both on sale.
  • Woolyguy24Woolyguy24412,443
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:03Permalink
    TheGillesMuller said:
    Also got my hopes up seeing a DLC for FH4 on sale, hoped I would see the LEGO expansion further down the page but sadly not.
    Me too buddy. Me too. Now I just grind MS rewards till I get enough to buy.
    Ahawk30
  • aftos84aftos84375,314
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:05Permalink
    All time low for Extinction, even the deluxe edition is less than a ten-ner.

    I might just bite on that, reviews were terrible but it looks good enough for that entry price
  • Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:17Permalink
    poppa gizzly said:
    V3ntilator said:
    Microsoft and Sony have nothing close to Nintendo sales anymore.
    Yeah, and those $1 on the Switch probably suck worse than Xbox Indie games or theyre rehashed NES games from 30 years ago facepalm
    Microsoft don't have a functional shop and gates / dictates sales into every tuesday which has made most publishers to just give up.

    Nintendo allows temporary flash sales of $1 that greatly increase sales and shop exposure by sales figures / popularity.
    So many indie games need to do some Round of these to get higher in shop listings, earning more money.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator175,905
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:19, Edited on 05 November 19 at 03:29 by V3ntilatorPermalink
    poppa gizzly said:
    V3ntilator said:
    Again only one game on my wishlist is on sale, and costs more than previous sales. PS4 sales have gone downhill too.

    Nintendo Switch...Thats where sales shines.
    Nintendo have new deals 6 days a week up to 98% off.
    There is up to 10's of games for 1$ each on Switch every week.

    Microsoft and Sony have nothing close to Nintendo sales anymore.
    Yeah, and those $1 on the Switch probably suck worse than Xbox Indie games or theyre rehashed NES games from 30 years ago facepalm
    Since when did games like Crayola Scoot, Bastion, Brawl, Submerged, War Theatre etc. become NES games? facepalm
    Just shows how much you know, when you know nothing about the games released on Switch, or even Xbox for that matter.
    Most of the games at 90% +/- off is also on Xbox One, but never get good discounts on Xbox.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator175,905
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:24, Edited on 05 November 19 at 03:28 by V3ntilatorPermalink
    VisceralGnat84 said:
    poppa gizzly said:
    V3ntilator said:
    Microsoft and Sony have nothing close to Nintendo sales anymore.
    Yeah, and those $1 on the Switch probably suck worse than Xbox Indie games or theyre rehashed NES games from 30 years ago facepalm
    Microsoft don't have a functional shop and gates / dictates sales into every tuesday which has made most publishers to just give up.

    Nintendo allows temporary flash sales of $1 that greatly increase sales and shop exposure by sales figures / popularity.
    So many indie games need to do some Round of these to get higher in shop listings, earning more money.
    Switch have nearly 3000 games now, so it's hard for Indies to get noticed there anymore.
    Recently a Indie said that his game only sold 1000 copies on release, but when he dropped the price to 90% off the game, he sold over 100.000 on Switch in a week.

    Many other Indies is doing this now on Switch, because they earn more money at 80-90% off than 20% off.
  • Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:31, Edited on 05 November 19 at 03:32 by Cemetery GirlsPermalink
    VisceralGnat84 said:
    Microsoft don't have a functional shop and gates / dictates sales into every tuesday which has made most publishers to just give up.

    Nintendo allows temporary flash sales of $1 that greatly increase sales and shop exposure by sales figures / popularity.
    So many indie games need to do some Round of these to get higher in shop listings, earning more money.
    So instead of once a week, I'd have to keep an eye on the store everyday so I don't miss any sales? That sounds annoying.
  • BsmittelBsmittel853,669
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:33Permalink
    Cemetery Girls said:
    V3ntilator said:
    Again only one game on my wishlist is on sale, and costs more than previous sales. PS4 sales have gone downhill too.

    Nintendo Switch...Thats where sales shines.
    Nintendo have new deals 6 days a week up to 98% off.
    There is up to 10's of games for 1$ each on Switch every week.

    Microsoft and Sony have nothing close to Nintendo sales anymore.
    Too bad their first-party games never go on any major sale.
    simply not true anymore
  • Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:38Permalink
    i mean i want American Ninja Warrior but I should just play Doritos Crash Course. Come on Black Friday don't disappoint.
  • Epic LouieEpic Louie1,520,544
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 03:57Permalink
    I bought Agatha Knife.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • pezboybenpezboyben606,704
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 05:20Permalink
    I did alright this sale guys. Ended up getting Wailing Heights, Gnomes Garden, Energy Cycle Edge, Kill The Bad Guy, Hero Express, Ovivo, and Ninjin: a Clash of Carrots. It's a good mix of crap games with easy achievements, games I've actually wanted to try, games my kids will like to play, and just too cheap to pass up.
  • dymagatedymagate581,003
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 06:10Permalink
    I've been intrigued by Shoppe Keep for a while but everything I read now just seems to be dumping on it sadly. Undecided now.

    I think I'll have to get Enemy Within however. And maybe Demetrios - TBCA? I dunno if that looks more annoying than funny...
  • Posted on 05 November 19 at 07:14Permalink
    DLC for Train Sim World should go on sale again. Sales on these are pretty rare. :/
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz297,670
    Posted on 05 November 19 at 08:09Permalink
    dymagate said:
    I've been intrigued by Shoppe Keep for a while but everything I read now just seems to be dumping on it sadly. Undecided now.

    I think I'll have to get Enemy Within however. And maybe Demetrios - TBCA? I dunno if that looks more annoying than funny...
    I found demetrios to be really funny and absolutely worth the completion. I can't vouch for my taste in comedy though.

    The only annoying parts were the mini games. Took a few attempts to perfect for the achievements.

    Definitely a doable completion.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.