Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

New design cut some features, bring them back

• onsamyjonsamyj166,434
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 04:07, Edited on 08 November 19 at 10:28 by onsamyjPermalink
    Short version: I want to be able to add individual achievements to my To-Do list from everywhere, and I want to Boosting Club/List still be a thing.

A slightly longer version, part one: Yes, you can click on each individual achievement, go to its page and add it from there, but, first, it’s a pain, and, second, there is no indication that this achievement in your To-Do list outside of list itself. Sure, if you want to keep track of just a couple of achievements, that’s probably fine, but if you working out what you wanna do on your first playthrough, or how many achievements you gonna easily get from a game you probably not gonna finish, or… Seriously, do I need to justify this feature? Everyone on this website has at least one, probably more like ten, use scenarios for a To-Do list and most of them are way less useful now if at all. Bring those buttons/indicators back!

Part two: Yes, we have Gaming sessions, but it was so easy to go to a Booster Club/List, see a couple of people currently on the site, send them a message and here you go, that pesky multiplayer-only achievement is done! I finished at least a couple of games like that and I hate multiplayer games. And, btw, those Clubs/Lists are still there, there’s just no way to access them anymore. Well, you can dig game’s ID from a page’s code and add it to trueachievements.com/boostgame.aspx?gameid= (example: https://www.trueachievements.com/boostgame.aspx?gameid=7925 ), but how useful that would be in a month when no one adds games to their lists, because there is no way to use them? Bring it back!
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,348,541
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 10:12Permalink
    Yes, especially the boost club/list.

These are especially useful for when it's a game your friends don't have or don't want to do, and you only need one other person. Especially when it's a less popular game. It's perhaps unnecessary to set up a session for just two people, and many won't check frequently enough to catch the session for those types of games.

Being able to see the list, and see who is currently online, seriously expedited the process countless times. Perhaps the most useful feature currently missing in the build.

Side note: How do I get a list of what wishlist items I've currently got votes counted on? So that I can get some votes back to upvote this.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 06 November 19 at 11:45Permalink
    boost club/list
    +1
  • Tatl360Tatl360206,191
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 12:24Permalink
    We really need the boosting list. =(

Maybe put it on the side, under the Game Information panel.Anywhere is better than nowhere.
    We have the estimated time in the Game Information and now an Estimated time icon in the game banner, one some centimeters away from the other.
    And don't have a boosting list because of tiny phone screens... roll
  • onsamyjonsamyj166,434
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 12:31Permalink
    iMaginaryy said:
    Side note: How do I get a list of what wishlist items I've currently got votes counted on? So that I can get some votes back to upvote this.
    Another great question! I think I saw some list in the right column, but I’m not sure if it was for votes, I can’t find it now anyway.
  • PalesiusPalesius1,250,861
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 14:55, Edited on 06 November 19 at 14:55 by PalesiusPermalink
    The boost list is key especially in older or niche games where there aren’t a lot of players. If there are lots of potential players and you can play at peak times then sessions are fine. But sometimes you need to send people messages to work out a mutually convenient time.
  • Posted on 06 November 19 at 19:14Permalink
    Agree completely. These deficiencies were brought up by multiple users in the new site beta and full launch announcement/faq/bug report threads, but I don't recall them being acknowledged, which is strange.
  • brooza664brooza664171,968
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 17:58Permalink
    Yes to both of these, especially the To Do list
    I think I worded that terribly
  • QuanticJusticeQuanticJustice1,143,152
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 15:57Permalink
    Wholeheartedly agree on the to-do list. I've been a pro subscriber for a decade now, and the To-Do list is my most heavily used feature. Disappointing that the site upgrade took away the ability to add individual achievements to the to-do list. Now have to add an entire game and individually remove the achievements I didn't want; it's a terrible flow.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,348,541
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 18:06Permalink
    ^as noted by OP you can add individual achievements to to do list, you just need to go to the achievement page itself like

SubnauticaSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Subnautica worth 378 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

see mid right below achievement details but above solution
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • brooza664brooza664171,968
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 08:51Permalink
    iMaginaryy said:
    ^as noted by OP you can add individual achievements to to do list, you just need to go to the achievement page itself like

SubnauticaSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Subnautica worth 378 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

see mid right below achievement details but above solution
    Which is a lot of hassle if you want to add several achievements
    I think I worded that terribly
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.