Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New Xbox Game Pass Game Lonely Mountains: Downhill has Four Unobtainable Achievements

• kintariskintaris311,738
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 15:05Permalink
    OhMyGoth1 said:
    Ok I've actually been spending some time on this issue trying to get it resolved (I created a forum thread on TA about it the day the game released...).

I've been in contact with the developers on their discord, and I have some info that is missing from this article.

While the bug hasn't been officially recognised by the developer as yet
    Perhaps this is true publicly, but the developers on the discord are aware of the issue, which is present on all platforms (steam, Xbox, and PS). Many people have reported it there and they have acknowledged it and are working on a fix.

Luckily it looks like a progression tracking issue, and therefore potentially a simple fix.
    Per one of the devs on discord who's working on it:
    Some of the achievements (the stats based ones) were triggered more often than platforms allow us to, so we had to throttle that. With the result that we got a cross-platform bug which prevents some achievements to get triggered on the platform side. We're on it and slowly making progress here
    He also said that the tricky bit is getting them to pop retroactively (at least on PS, no direct mention of if it's also a problem for Xbox)
    Thanks for this, we'll update with credit :)
    TrueAchievements News & Content Editor
  • Posted on 06 November 19 at 15:20Permalink
    it's funny all 4 achievs are about crashing your bike, most likely a lot of people would have boosted them early...I was starting until I read of the glitch
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • Vr EnglishVr English632,950
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 15:54Permalink
    Just to say your preview text for this was absolutely great.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,025,031
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 17:35Permalink
    Seems like a lot of unnecessary whining.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 06 November 19 at 19:03Permalink
    So whats it take to get TA to write an article about the recently released Trine 2, with a whopping 9 achievements currently unobtainable??
    Matthew
  • OhMyGoth1OhMyGoth1338,667
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 19:15Permalink
    For the record, the game is really quite enjoyable if you're into physics bike games. I imagine the TA average rating is on the low end because of the achievement issues.

I highly recommend playing it now if you don't care about the glitched achievements, and if you do, by all means wait for a patch before starting.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv468,147
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 19:38Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    So whats it take to get TA to write an article about the recently released Trine 2, with a whopping 9 achievements currently unobtainable??
    For reference, he's referring specifically to Trine 2: The Complete Story
    It's probably a long shot, but perhaps a story on a nice site like this might help push them to get it fixed.

Also, I noticed another Game Pass game, Felix The Reaper, has 2 unobtainable achievements as well.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • Posted on 06 November 19 at 19:45Permalink
    Schinderdiv said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    For reference, he's referring specifically to Trine 2: The Complete Story
    It's probably a long shot, but perhaps a story on a nice site like this might help push them to get it fixed.

Also, I noticed another Game Pass game, Felix The Reaper, has 2 unobtainable achievements as well.
    What he said smiletoast
    Matthew
  • Posted on 06 November 19 at 20:15Permalink
    OhMyGoth1 said:
    Ok I've actually been spending some time on this issue trying to get it resolved (I created a forum thread on TA about it the day the game released...).
    So TA staffers don't check their own forums for info? wink

Thanks for getting in touch with the devs by the way.
  • Posted on 06 November 19 at 21:33Permalink
    Solo Wing 82 said:
    i wish they would get rid of the whole achievement system and bring gaming back to its roots. people play different now
    Why are you on this site?

On topic: I have enjoyed the game so far but was pretty sure some of the crash achievements were glitched after failing to unlock the go swimming achievement.
    Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way.
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,543,848
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 23:46Permalink
    Solo Wing 82 said:
    i wish they would get rid of the whole achievement system and bring gaming back to its roots. people play different now
    get out
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,187,491
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 00:15, Edited on 07 November 19 at 00:15 by EarthboundXPermalink
    Solo Wing 82 said:
    Are you one of those people who burned themselves out playing games they didn't care about just for points?

Seen it happen to quite a few people. If you don't care for achievements anymore, then just stop, pretty simple really.
  • BIG SH0RTYBIG SH0RTY412,560
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 01:15Permalink
    Maybe it's a thing with bike games, I remember when Descenders launched on Game Pass it had some glitched achievements as well, but I think they are all fixed now.
  • Posted on 07 November 19 at 05:03Permalink
    I went through this weeks sales and saw that nearly half the titles have at least 1 unobtainable, although i still fall victim to it from time to time i refuse to start a game i can't finish. When these devs do their fucking jobs is when they'll get my money. We're getting straight up ripped off with this shit. I don't care how good your game is, if i can't finish it due to incompetent asses then they deserve the bullshit, not me. Even if RDR2 had an unobtainable i wouldn't play it.
    Join me in annoying the hell out of devs and publishers as we try to get our broken games fixed.
  • neeker75neeker75960,246
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 08:05Permalink
    Sad to see the game going downhill from the word go.
  • BasanakinBasanakin122,644
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 20:43Permalink
    @Same Quirke
    You might as well post a similar thread about the Game Pass game 'Night Call' for Win10. I contacted the devs about many buggy (about 18) and (3) unobtainable achievements. The released an update early august, but since than, it has been quiet.

Players can report to the devs here:
    https://rawfury.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/...
  • jxlive021jxlive021426,253
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 20:51Permalink
    how about SAM(Steam Achievement Manager)?laugh
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 15:15Permalink
    I can confirm that the 4 achievements don't pop up. Hope for a quick fix, because I already have almost every other challenge completed
  • DingylingDingyling189,940
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 09:39Permalink
    According to the official twitter account, a patch is on the way "very soon".
  • OhMyGoth1OhMyGoth1338,667
    Posted on 29 December 19 at 21:06Permalink
    In case anyone is following this thread for updates, the achievements are fixed now in the latest patch.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.