Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Stranded Deep Pushed Back to Early Next Year

• Large CoffeeLarge Coffee345,103
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 18:01Permalink
    Wow, this actually looks really cool, not sure how I missed it before!
    http://i.imgur.com/hhiPvya.gif
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc3221616,596
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 20:03Permalink
    Damn, has it really already been a year since all this went down? I remember that I was interested in this game and it's premise and then the terrible news about Tell Tale came in the way RIGHT BEFORE this game's release.

Glad it's finally gonna get its release, will still be keeping an eye out for it.
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou190,013
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 21:16, Edited on 08 November 19 at 21:17 by SheBeatsYouPermalink
    I played an early build of this on PC and the game has allot of potential. Its like Subnautica but on Earth and not so much underwater. I enjoyed swimming to the islands and avoiding the hungry sharks. Will buy this for sure once it's on Xbox.
  • Posted on 08 November 19 at 21:39Permalink
    Awesome! The Xbox is getting Death Stranding finally!

Waitaminute...
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285227,053
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 21:43Permalink
    Large Coffee said:
    Wow, this actually looks really cool, not sure how I missed it before!
    Easily. Game was developed for PC and has been in Steam Early access for the past 4 years. It's console port has been turbulent.

Per their twitter:
    9/20/18 Telltale and them share news they'll be publishing it to consoles on 10/9

9/22/18 They say they literally have no idea what's going since Telltale has shut its doors

9/25/18 Still trying to figure out what's going on

10/7/18 They announce their game has been pulled from console stores a day before release

11/26/18 They link to a forum post where they say they're trying to get their rights back to publish

2/20/19 Say they're still committed to releasing and don't have any more news on that

5/24/19 Say they've retrieved the publishing rights back, are pushing ahead with a smaller publisher and plan to be out of Steam early access by end of this year (Side Note: The usual Steam update tweets are completely absent since the 2/20 tweet so a fairly actively updated pc game went silent for 3 months)

9/5/19 In a reply to someone on an update they say nothing because paperwork is holding the process

These tweets in the 2nd week of November are their next console tweets

I've had this game on my wish list since the first announcement here back in September of last year but after basically ghosting with news for over a year and seeing it's been stuck in Steam for 4 years it sounds a lot like the release of No Mans Sky and that I should hold off a few years for a fully fleshed out and completed version. I think I'll remove it from my wish list as I had actually forgotten about it
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285227,053
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 21:49Permalink
    jasonlc3221 said:
    Damn, has it really already been a year since all this went down? I remember that I was interested in this game and it's premise and then the terrible news about Tell Tale came in the way RIGHT BEFORE this game's release.

Glad it's finally gonna get its release, will still be keeping an eye out for it.
    Yeah it's wild because they literally shared Telltales own tweet saying they were teaming up to bring the game to console and then the next day or two Telltale closes shop. Shows how little the company actually told their employees before they ran since their social media team had no idea
  • Posted on 09 November 19 at 09:02Permalink
    I don't know how many survival games Telltale have made but I really enjoyed 7days so i'll keep an eye on this.
  • Posted on 09 November 19 at 10:34Permalink
    Survival games aren’t really my thing (basing off of 7days) but this has sharks!
    I was so let down that this didn’t come out last year, here’s hoping everything goes smoothly and we get a chance to scoop this up on Xbox.
  • LoutishhLoutishh106,714
    Posted on 10 November 19 at 05:33Permalink
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    I don't know how many survival games Telltale have made but I really enjoyed 7days so i'll keep an eye on this.
    Telltale aren't the devs behind stranded deep. It's Beam Team Games
  • RandomnuttaRandomnutta739,564
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 11:53Permalink
    I'm still waiting on The Forest.
    https://www.youtube.com/randomnutta
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.