Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Shadows: Awakening Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 14 November 19 at 17:44
    Please use this thread to discuss the Shadows: Awakening walkthrough
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,346,496
    Posted on 14 November 19 at 23:06, Edited on 14 November 19 at 23:07 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    I'm doing this one. Just started it yesterday. It appears to take 3 playthroughs, and one of them has to be done offline because the current patch makes 2 of them otherwise unobtainable. I don't know how long the game is so I can't really give an estimate of when it'll be done right now. I'll post in a week or two when I've progressed much farther and have a better idea of where I'm at.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 04:05
    Spent quite a bit of time getting caught up in Gems of War, so I haven't made as much progress as I had hoped, but I'm now caught up (just waiting for deeds, yay for RNG). In chapter 3 right now (I believe there is 6). Hope to have the game done early next week, and the 2 other playthroughs should be much quicker since I don't have to write everything down. I would guess we're looking at early December right now.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
    Posted on 29 December 19 at 00:51
    Well shit. They added new achievements to Warframe and I got sucked back into that. By the time I was caught up I got sick with the flu. Finally recovered...mostly. So I'll be back on the game tonight. Still got daily stuff in Warframe and Gems of War to do, but I'll be playing it every night. I'll post next week how it's going.
    Posted on 05 January 20 at 00:39
    Finished my first playthrough. Still have 2 more to do, but I'm hoping they'll be much quicker since I already know what to do, have the walkthrough and maps mostly made (and I'm not playing Warframe all the time >_>). Goofed up a couple things unfortunately, so I may end up doing a 4th to double check, but I don't know if I need to yet. Anyway, I'm aiming to have all the achievements in the next two weeks, and have the walkthrough out shortly after.
    Posted on 10 January 20 at 22:30, Edited on 10 January 20 at 22:31 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Up to chapter 3 in Extreme. Unfortunately Extreme is actually some stupid bullshit and it's taking much longer than expected. Everything but the most basic enemies are bullet sponges and take too fucking long to kill, on top of destroying you with obnoxious damage so melee is basically useless. Basically, you freeze them, dump all your spells into them, and then kite them for what feels like an hour in order to kill them with basic attacks, then you move 5 feet and do it with the next batch of enemies. It's tedious as fuck. I had high hopes for this game, but honestly I regret playing and volunteering for the walkthrough, this game is trash.

On the plus side, it has motivated me to hurry up and finish the game/walkthrough so I can be done with this shit. The 3rd playthrough is on hard, so it should be somewhat quicker when I get to that point.
    Posted on 19 January 20 at 00:33
    Finished my extreme playthrough. That last boss was some extra special bullshit. Going to start my hard playthrough Monday, hopefully the last one. Have to wait until the Gems of War reset because I have to do the last playthrough offline, 2 achievements can't be unlocked on the current patch. Don't want to get kicked from the guild headspin
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 22:13
    I finally finished this accursed game, and have all the achievements. I still have a significant amount of work to do (maps and stuff like that) but I should have it done this week or early next week at the latest.
    Posted on 30 January 20 at 02:45, Edited on 30 January 20 at 05:43 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Still working on it. Goofed up some things while writing it initially that has forced me to redo huge swathes of it. What I get for not doing more research beforehand, I suppose. I had written the books into the Kalig playthrough but learned at the end that Evia has 4 books specific to her. I also did some other things in my extreme playthrough that would have been better to do on the first easy playthrough. Will have it finally finished this week.
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 02:04
    So, obviously a bit behind. Don't really have any excuses for it. Still been working on it a little each day. Gonna make a big push to finish so I can move on to something I enjoy more, so it'll be done this week, for reals.
    Posted on 06 March 20 at 22:56
    So, obviously slacked on this pretty damn hard, as I always seem to do. Almost done with it, waiting on some videos to upload, a little more proofreading to do, but not much. After that just need to double check to make sure I have all the books and that's it I think. Will have it finally done by Sunday.
  • Information
  • HealttiHealtti3,203,125
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 12:10
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    I had high hopes for this game, but honestly I regret playing and volunteering for the walkthrough, this game is trash.
    Well, if it's any consolation I greatly enjoyed the game and your WT was a factor for sure.
    That's a biased compliment though since anyone who makes custom maps for WTs is an absolute G in my opinion. Said it before, will say it again.

Also, codifying the collectibles, just excellent work. Although you did miss one in the walkthrough itself, "Dispatch to General Akhdar, Day 68". Found it later thanks to your list.

And since I'm nitpicking...
    Page 1 said:
    The other tricky one would be the achievement for the endings, the third "true" ending would be pretty hard to figure out on your own. I'll cover them all, along with stat and skill builds, on page 2...
    But...my builds!? I point that out since I would've loved to read your analysis on the different mechanics and what to prioritize. For instance, leaning into character specific elem. resistances like Evia's fire res. is huge on extreme. If your first perk choice for Evia is +25% fire resistance, and you run fire shield + golem as your first two unlocks, that fight vs Ch.1 boss guy is cake. A tanky cake but cake nonetheless. Similarly, Sebekan's lighting res. is key vs that bridge Shaman boss. It actually took me two thirds of an extreme mode run (and your WT spelling it out) to realize that armor value and gear levels mean fuck all on extreme, and instead elem. resistance, crit immunity, and block/evasion chance is your defense. I loved how much bringing a purpose built Sebekan changes the Shaman fight. His ball lighting of doom becomes a sparkling healing orb. That's good shit, pal! Exactly what I want from rpg style min/maxing, not +2% damage output. I wish more bosses were similarly themed.

I'll stop ranting now. Thanks again for your efforts @LV 1 Blue Slime
    "We aren't planning on doing anything about it." —Bethesda Support NA
    Posted on 19 May 21 at 00:40
    Ohhh that's really unfortunate. I must have forgotten to include the builds, but at this point it's been far too long since I've completed it to remember a single thing, so best I can do is just remove the mention of builds...I'll fix the missing collectible too.

Anyway glad the walkthrough helped, and glad someone enjoyed it headspin
  • ArkzeinArkzein432,405
    Posted on 11 July 21 at 15:27
    Ha this was a good read, have it flying down my way so I'm sure the WT will help a ton, put all that pain to good use!
  • vSullyvSully1,177,710
    Posted on 20 July 21 at 23:01, Edited on 20 July 21 at 23:01 by vSully
    So I just want to clarify on an achievement.

Shadows: AwakeningSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Shadows: Awakening worth 174 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

You don't mention in the WT leaving a mercenary alive. I'm in CH3 so I'm way past the first part that the solution mentions, which I vaguely recall ("Confront Nemek, your son"). Should I be concerned?
    Posted on 21 July 21 at 02:02
    I'm pretty sure the "one mercenary alive" is a human I specifically tell you not to kill (it's in a red warning box) during a boss fight in chapter 3. It makes sense because the human is (spoilers on who it is)

The steam achievement guide says the same, so does a comment on playstationtrophies.org. That said, I didn't give any special consideration to the enemies in that area and likely killed them all because that's how I usually play RPGs. I couldn't find any other achievement guides to reference, unfortunately. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer redface
  • vSullyvSully1,177,710
    Posted on 21 July 21 at 02:44
    Ok, I left that guy alive. Thanks.

I never follow the story so I have no idea what's actually going on :D
  • vSullyvSully1,177,710
    Posted on 21 July 21 at 13:42, Edited on 21 July 21 at 15:18 by vSully
    I'm now on the chapter 4 page at the Espionage achievement.

Talk to Valkarin, the !. Choose "Any luck locating Krenze?". This will start a scene. We must choose our answers carefully to get an achievement. Failing voids an achievement. From what I gather you can choose a few "wrong answers" but if you choose too many you are discovered. Basically, if they scoff at you, you made a poor choice. Here's what I used.

"I have fought this demon of Krenze's."
    "What other risks do we face?"
    "The Conclave has fallen."
    "The final curse of the Conclave is broken."

You'll get an achievement.
    My 4th dialogue option is different than yours- I get two other options and both fail.

Looking at other info, it seems you need a sidequest completed that I have not completed. Spirits of the Ancestral Moon. You complete that quest on the chapter 5 page, as at this point you've only found three of the four totems. I don't know what to do from here but I cannot get the proper espionage dialogue based on how I've proceeded thus far,

All I can think of is that I did something wrong at this part:

Before we move on we need to tie up a loose end to get an achievement. Teleport to Hermit's Cavern. Go northwest to the hermit (swap in Zaar if he isn't in your party) and talk to him with Zaar. Select both options. Now head to Ziggarut of the Sun (the quest's arrow sends you to Dura'Tyr, but don't go there). Return to the middle of the area where the portal to The Conclave is and head inside, and talk to Krek. Choose the top option. Return to the Hermit and talk to him and Krek. Enter the Miner's Quarters by the Cenotaph. Follow the path to the end and talk to Tennok to start up a quest and leave.
    So I reloaded the closest save I have- at the start of chapter four and at least a few hours of progress ago to try again :/

EDIT: I repeated everything carefully on page 4 and still got the same result during the conversation for the Espionage achievement. After choosing "the conclave has fallen" as the third choice, I'm then given the other two options that were offered at the fourth choice- "the werewolf anarchist coup has failed" and "what of the red smoke sura." Both lead to failure. I guess I'll try to complete the quest that you don't complete until page 5 (to get fourth totem) and see if that matters. Otherwise I have no idea what else I can do.
    Posted on 21 July 21 at 15:25
    Every option fails and you'll get captured regardless, does the achievement not unlock? If "the conclave has fallen" is an answer, you did the hermit part right.

I really don't remember much of the game at all because I hated it, but I think the cursed is lifted by getting the 4 totems and turning them in. The missing one is in Kogog'Aak, a dungeon I have in the chapter 5 page. You need one sun stone fragment to get to it, though you should have one by now. You should be able to access that dungeon by now, so head over there, grab the last totem, and turn it in and then try doing the espionage achievement. I have no clue why I was able to delay the dungeon until to chapter 5 and still get the achievement, unless I originally did it earlier and moved it for some reason...when I get to work today I'll look into it and fix the walkthrough. I'm very sorry about that...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.