The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: November 19th, 2019

• SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou264,493
    Posted on 19 November 19 at 13:53
    The Trine collection physically retails at $40 so how is 20% off still $40? Da F
  • Posted on 19 November 19 at 14:17
    Schinderdiv said:
    Just a heads up, if you're considering the Trine Ultimate Collection - Trine 2: The Complete Story (which is part of the Ultimate Collection) has 9 unobtainable achievements. Unobtainable Achievements
    It's a shame that they aren't listed as such on TA. Someone might miss this message and not notice the unobtainables.
    Hola
  • Posted on 19 November 19 at 14:38
    Dusk X2 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Dubs187 said:
    La cops is terrible
    How so? What didn't you like about it or what issues did you have?
    I'm playing it now. I already had it in backlog. EASY 800 gs. Short, controls a little quirky. But I think its fun. I didn't think nightmare was going to be doable at all, but I might be able to finish it. Just is taking some practice and a little more patience.
    Clutch Rino said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Dubs187 said:
    La cops is terrible
    Probably doesn’t like it cause he can’t finish it. Not even a hard game. Take your time, learn where the enemies are and aiming is key. Once you get used to that you’ll breeze through
    Thanks, both of you. Yeah, it looks fun and what little I had seen of reviews seemed positive. I'm unlikely to touch Nightmare difficulty unless I love the game anyway.

I don't mind people disliking and slating games - but have a reason for it - and share that reason. Even if it's a poor reason it's better than "Uugh, urgh, it terrible".

Some reasons are worth knowing about/sharing to help people dodge a bullet and some others help make a decision about if issue X with a game is or is not going to be an issue for you. Hell, it may even be a positive trait of the game in others eyes.
  • SeitzzSeitzz975,176
    Posted on 19 November 19 at 15:44
    Just nothing this week for me. Not even close, didn't even click through on any games just to see if I might be interested. Just a couple more days til the pickings should be plenty.
  • Thanatos522Thanatos522164,853
    Posted on 19 November 19 at 15:58
    Heads up, The Council at $1.74 is only for Episode 1.

I was going to get it just to add it to the backlog but not now.
  • Posted on 19 November 19 at 19:05
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    Just a heads up, if you're considering the Trine Ultimate Collection - Trine 2: The Complete Story (which is part of the Ultimate Collection) has 9 unobtainable achievements. Unobtainable Achievements
    It's a shame that they aren't listed as such on TA. Someone might miss this message and not notice the unobtainables.
    Oh wow, are they not? Who or where do we message TA to adjust this so others know?
    Matthew
  • SeitzzSeitzz975,176
    Posted on 19 November 19 at 19:35
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    Oh wow, are they not? Who or where do we message TA to adjust this so others know?
    Someone with the game needs to submit achievement flag info. Possibly could contact staff, but I'm not sure who/what department that'd be.
  • Posted on 19 November 19 at 19:44
    Seitzz said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    Someone with the game needs to submit achievement flag info. Possibly could contact staff, but I'm not sure who/what department that'd be.
    You don't need to have played the game to submit flags as far as I know, just use the following link to submit: https://www.trueachievements.com/submitinfo.aspx?gameid=7945

For those who do not know (especially with the new site), if you hit the three dots button on a game page that you would use to add the game to wishlist or game collection, there also is an option for submitting game information.
  • Clutch RinoClutch Rino929,713
    Posted on 19 November 19 at 19:57
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Dusk X2 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Dubs187 said:
    La cops is terrible
    I'm playing it now. I already had it in backlog. EASY 800 gs. Short, controls a little quirky. But I think its fun. I didn't think nightmare was going to be doable at all, but I might be able to finish it. Just is taking some practice and a little more patience.
    Clutch Rino said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Dubs187 said:
    La cops is terrible
    Probably doesn’t like it cause he can’t finish it. Not even a hard game. Take your time, learn where the enemies are and aiming is key. Once you get used to that you’ll breeze through
    Thanks, both of you. Yeah, it looks fun and what little I had seen of reviews seemed positive. I'm unlikely to touch Nightmare difficulty unless I love the game anyway.

I don't mind people disliking and slating games - but have a reason for it - and share that reason. Even if it's a poor reason it's better than "Uugh, urgh, it terrible".

Some reasons are worth knowing about/sharing to help people dodge a bullet and some others help make a decision about if issue X with a game is or is not going to be an issue for you. Hell, it may even be a positive trait of the game in others eyes.
    Nightmare isn’t too bad. Some levels are annoying especially the last one but it’s mostly trial and error. Like I said, once you get used to the controls it’s not bad and there is fun to be had
  • SeitzzSeitzz975,176
    Posted on 19 November 19 at 21:40
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Seitzz said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    You don't need to have played the game to submit flags as far as I know, just use the following link to submit: https://www.trueachievements.com/submitinfo.aspx?gameid=7945

For those who do not know (especially with the new site), if you hit the three dots button on a game page that you would use to add the game to wishlist or game collection, there also is an option for submitting game information.
    Ah, I had previously thought you needed to own the game to submit flags. But now at least I know this!
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 00:31
    How do people feel about the technomancer? Is it good or bad? Easy or hard? Fun or boring?
  • SeitzzSeitzz975,176
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 01:50
    XCaptainMexico said:
    How do people feel about the technomancer? Is it good or bad? Easy or hard? Fun or boring?
    It was GwG wasn't it? Did you pick it up then?
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 09:51
    Just wait till tomorrow for the black Friday super sale!
    Leon Brown
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw395,022
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 20:07
    Waiting for a sale on Super Lucky's Tail DLC
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 20:37
    planchetflaw said:
    Thatd be very much welcomed toast
    Matthew
  • superniceguysuperniceguy316,762
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 00:17
    Some games are on sale now for a couple days.

Just spotted via my wishlist

Rage 2 deluxe for £23.09 Last on sale in shocktober was £34.99
    Doom 4.49 last on sale in shocktober was £7.49
    Castevania collection £7.99
    On Rush deluxe £12.99
    Crash team racing £22.74

Not sure if these are the black friday deals starting early or these are just flash deals and there will be more different deals for black friday

I may get Rage 2 deluxe if it included terror mania but looking at reviews people have trouble claiming any dlc from deluxe edition as need a code which is not provided with digital and need to contact bethseda to sort.
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 00:21
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    planchetflaw said:
    Thatd be very much welcomed toast
    The game is on sale now for £7.49 but no sale on DLC other than game pass 10%, for £3.77 each.
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 00:34
    Dead Rising games are on sale except 3
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.