Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Tracks Review: A Relaxing Train Ride, and an Easy 1000 Gamerscore

• kintariskintaris294,634
  • WriggyWriggy407,777
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 15:49Permalink
    This was a great game to play on a Sunday afternoon and the easy achievement list was a bonus. Highly recommended.
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 15:53Permalink
    I found it pretty boring, but it's not a bad game. It's a nice Game Pass completion but would I have bought it for €20? Definitely not.
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 15:54Permalink
    I was also quite surprised by this. I ended up making a small town just for fun after i cleared the game lol hope they add more to this
  • magiccigammagiccigam670,754
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 15:56Permalink
    Really enjoyable game
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 15:56Permalink
    Glad it is on Game Pass and I didn't have to pay $20 for it!
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 15:59Permalink
    Very enjoyable game. My son and I kept playing long after getting 1000gs. Its well crafted and looks great in 4K. Some minor bugs where the train would fall through the tracks, but deleting the faulty section and placing it again fixed it both times. Rounding up all the passengers and delivering them to the station was more fun that it should of been! I also enjoyed the freedom to build a tower so tall that I couldn't see the level anymore. Just a satisfying experience all around.
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 16:01Permalink
    Surprisingly enjoyable, I would actually enjoy more levels/missions.

Probably not worth the price tag as is though.
    Legohead 1977
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 16:15Permalink
    I downloaded this for my 7 year old daughter last weekend and she just loves it. Of course having it available to her will mean that she soon accidentally adds it to my tag too, but from what I saw of it so far, that will be just fine!
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 17:22Permalink
    My 4 year old looooooves it, he just builds nonsense tracks and puts down loads of people he then traps on the train as he refuses to stop at the station and let them out. It's very fun to pick people up and drop them off and you can make some impressive layouts if you get into it.
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc3221623,000
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 17:25Permalink
    I saw this was on Game Pass the other day and was like, "WTF?" But then after looking further, it looked like an enjoyable and relaxing game. Even though it looks to also be a super-easy game, I still might try it out at some point. I don't completely avoid super-easy games, but I also like my TA ratio to stay healthy.
  • Ksar96Ksar96181,296
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 17:30Permalink
    Awesome game.. after completing 1000/1000 G too.. still playing it... lots of features with simple controls.. its nice to run the train in simple controls rather than controlling with lots of buttons and levers like train simulator... its good to see it as a wooden train than a metalic or high graphics game... this game deserves more attention..
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 17:56Permalink
    Got this on steam a year or so ago for my son who loves trains. Railway Empire is a little too complex for a 4-year old to enjoy and I haven't started Train Simulator yet. This game is perfect for a young child who loves trains and it's relaxing and has an easy gamerscore set. Highly recommended if you have game pass.
    Always number 2.
  • Vok 250Vok 250196,207
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 18:58Permalink
    Chester Cheevo said:
    Yep! Can't argue with 'free'!

Personally I just want to grab the achievements and maybe record some dank stunts.
  • Posted on 20 November 19 at 19:40Permalink
    Vok 250 said:
    Chester Cheevo said:
    Yep! Can't argue with 'free'!

Personally I just want to grab the achievements and maybe record some dank stunts.
    The game was super easy, but I made it harder for myself because my train fell off the track and I couldn't figure out how to get it back on, so I restarted my Passenger mode missions. I forgot you can reset your train by holding view button.
  • snake42069snake42069610,304
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 20:20Permalink
    brings me back to the days of designing haphazard rollercoasters in RCT in order to murder my park guests for kicks.
  • Drazer76Drazer76431,923
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 20:35Permalink
    Looks good.
    Waiting till next month.

I would caution anyone who likes doing the Microsoft Rewards stuff, anything added through a month has a possibility of being in the quests for the following month.
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer2785,030
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 21:07Permalink
    I like WIN 10 get achievements too.
    XBOX 4 LIFE
  • stebeer85stebeer85423,895
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 21:38Permalink
    Cheers Maka for the quick guide 👍
  • JuIIIianJuIIIian582,466
    Posted on 20 November 19 at 21:45Permalink
    I can definitely see this getting DLC achievements added to it. No Doubt
    JuIIIian
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.