Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Tracks Review: a relaxing train ride, and an easy 1000 Gamerscore

• Posted on 20 November 19 at 21:57Permalink
    I am just worried dlc will randomly pop up
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 02:48Permalink
    Alchemist xPTKx said:
    If its free and short I don't see a problem with it.
    DubstepEdgelord
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,829,425
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 03:29Permalink
    Spot on review. Fun game, easy list, plenty to do afterward. I liked it.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 05:03Permalink
    DubstepEdgelord said:
    Alchemist xPTKx said:
    If its free and short I don't see a problem with it.
    If the games free, but random DLC comes out and isn't free; then that's a problem for completionist who don't want to pay
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 05:58Permalink
    I never had a wodden train set (I played and sadly ruined my dads Pico train set), but I instantly fell in love with this game. I nearly never buy games on premiere, waiting until they drop in price a year or more later, but this time I made an exception and bought it on the spot :-).
  • Ian333333Ian333333378,211
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 09:43Permalink
    Chester Cheevo said:
    Vok 250 said:
    Chester Cheevo said:
    Glad it is on Game Pass and I didn't have to pay $20 for it!
    Yep! Can't argue with 'free'!

Personally I just want to grab the achievements and maybe record some dank stunts.
    The game was super easy, but I made it harder for myself because my train fell off the track and I couldn't figure out how to get it back on, so I restarted my Passenger mode missions. I forgot you can reset your train by holding view button.
    You can reset the train to the track?! Couldn't find that in the controls screen in game and thought it was a major feature that they'd missed! Took me ages building new track up from ground level to get the train back to the track again!!!
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 12:04Permalink
    Grabed the 1000gs and got the hell out of dodge. the controls... that was just annoying. Takes a lot of time to get used to it.
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes94587,148
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 12:09Permalink
    If you're purely playing this for achievements, this won't be very fun as the list really requires no actual creativity or effort. Playing it as intended (i.e. a "train Minecraft") you'll have a bit of fun with this. If you have young children who like trains, could be a very fun experience for the two of you.
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes94587,148
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 12:10Permalink
    Alchemist xPTKx said:
    If it does I can't imagine it'll be difficult at all.
  • Chester CheevoChester Cheevo1,028,427
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 16:20Permalink
    NoHeroes94 said:
    If you're purely playing this for achievements, this won't be very fun as the list really requires no actual creativity or effort. Playing it as intended (i.e. a "train Minecraft") you'll have a bit of fun with this. If you have young children who like trains, could be a very fun experience for the two of you.
    I played it purely for achievements and still had fun with it.
  • JCB DUKEJCB DUKE642,402
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 14:18Permalink
    Charming little game - Achievements take no time, but my 5-year-old and I are still building tracks, adding people and scenery and its a great thing for her to interact with (she's not got the hang of Gears 5 split screen yet!)
  • Posted on 29 November 19 at 21:50Permalink
    Excited to see what's in store for this game. You're right in saying the achievement list did it a disservice. I wish it forced me to play it for longer than the quick 40 or so minutes it took to 100% but I'll be back for more. It's a very well built game.
  • Posted on 13 January 20 at 19:24Permalink
    I checked out this game when it popped up on Game Pass and figured it would be an easy completion, and it is. But it truly feels like a Unity tech demo or game jam that they fleshed out a bit and decided to sell. It feels very bare bones and incomplete. But, it's free, so...who cares I guess lol.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.