The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Black Friday Sale 2019: Xbox One and Windows Games, Bundles and DLC

  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 00:09Permalink
    Finally got my wish of LEGO DLC for Horizon 4 going on sale, also interested in the Ezio Collection but I'm certain that it usually goes on sale cheaper than this.

    jegino said:
    Horizon 3 Hoonigan pack, still waiting for a discount after all these years
    It has to have been on sale at some point since release or I wouldn't have played it, it isn't worth anywhere near what they're asking for full price.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 00:29Permalink
    I hope someone has pointed out as to how ridiculously priced the Sims 4 dlc is?

    I don't even own the game, just noticed it in the list and that really turns the idea off of ever checking it out
  • I JMcH II JMcH I1,128,508
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 01:15Permalink
    The Wolfenstein two pack bundle is a ridiculous price. Highly recommended.
  • MehanizamMehanizam249,603
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 01:39, Edited on 22 November 19 at 01:39 by MehanizamPermalink
    3 games i was hoping would get pricedrops was Remnant,Greedfall and Star Wars...none of them in the list
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 02:39Permalink
    Mehanizam said:
    3 games i was hoping would get pricedrops was Remnant,Greedfall and Star Wars...none of them in the list
    Star wars literally came out about a week ago, probably will see a 20% discount on the Christmas sale if I had to guess
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 02:53Permalink
    It seems if you bought this already, you can't use it again Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Online Edition & Megalodon Shark Card Bundle

    Was gonna purchase it just for the $8,000,000 card for $40 in this bundle instead of it as a stand alone on sale for $84.99 laugh I would try to buy it as a gift for myself, but I don't know if that works.
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 07h 01m 34s (PS4 ; 2nd), 17d 07h 01m 36s (Xbox One ; 1st) Xbox 360 : 17d 07h 00m (hacked leaderboard)
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 03:24Permalink
    superniceguy said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    superniceguy said:
    More games could be on sale later, they sometimes do daily deals, which may be next week Fri 29th -Mon.
    That's exactly how I took these prices/this sale. I won't be buying any of these for another week just in case they drop more or something else I'd have shows up
    They won't be doing additional daily sales (historically they only did that during the Countdown to New Year sales, and even that they haven't done for some years now). Steam also dropping daily deals during its sales around the same time means these digital goods companies came to a similar conclusion: that just encourages people to wait until the last minute to buy, which increases the odds they will forget or fine a better purchase elsewhere. They also won't drop the price on this more by the same reasoning.

    There will technically be more sales during this Black Friday sale (which runs through the December 2nd), but that's just the typical Deal of the Week sales refreshing on the 26th. Historically that's been a very small list with the Deal of the Week refresh occurs within a much larger holiday sale.
    You never know what they will do, they did do daily deals in another sale this year other than countdown, think it was around June, when I bought Harry Potter movie Collection for £29.99. There was also daily deal of Kerbal for £7.99 which I missed.
    Kerbal has never been on sale for less than a week (Source). The last "daily deal" Microsoft ran for games was back at the end of 2016, via searching Major Nelson's blog

    You are correct that they do run daily deals for Movies and TV (which is a different department from Xbox). So specification that my post refers only to games is warranted.
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 03:54Permalink
    Is there any difference in the content between the the Gold and Ultimate editions of Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

    I looked at them both under their game tabs and I see no difference in content offered?

    And for any who has played it, is Ace Combat 7 similar in to 6? Or did they jack it up again and make it more like Assault Horizon?
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 04:27Permalink
    Probably will pick up Shadow of War Definitive and GTAV.

    Other items under consideration: Dishonored Collection, Far Cry 5 + New Dawn bundle, Rage 2 (gonna test on GP to see if DLC might be something I'd want later)

    Was hoping Skyrim was going to go lower, it's been in the marketplace for so long.
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 05:18Permalink
    DrSchlepenstein said:
    Is there any difference in the content between the the Gold and Ultimate editions of Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

    I looked at them both under their game tabs and I see no difference in content offered?
    Click through to the actual Microsoft Store page, the TA page isn't always good about picking up all the content associated with a bundle.

    In this case, there's three cosmetics packs, and an XP and money boost in the Ultimate edition that aren't in the Gold edition.
  • BasileusBasileus195,381
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 05:22Permalink
    jegino said:
    Horizon 3 Hoonigan pack, still waiting for a discount after all these years
    THIS!
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 06:38, Edited on 22 November 19 at 06:43 by Hellgate AeonPermalink
    DrSchlepenstein said:
    And for any who has played it, is Ace Combat 7 similar in to 6? Or did they jack it up again and make it more like Assault Horizon?
    AC7 is a bad feverdream version of AC6... or more like the ps2 games with new graphics. but the whole game is just pure cringe and drones, drones, drones. one of 2019s disappointments for me. they lost their bite with the AC franchise.

    i did a review for this game where i trashed this garbage. if you are interessted in the opinion of a long time AC player (since the first ps1 game) you will find it there. and ofc there are tons of people praising this "game" too :D
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 06:41Permalink
    i am DISAPPOINTED this year. OK i own most of the good games but the pricedrop of the newer games is crappy this year. i will wait for springsale with borderlands 3.

    (remember 2017 when 1 month old games went with 50% off?)
  • rascal1991rascal1991311,278
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 07:26Permalink
    Phew after a hard 2 weeks of partying and spoiling my kids before xmas.....I dont regret not needing to waste my money on black friday....main reason I kept some dosh aside., must mean 1 more week of partying before xmas presents take precedence not wasting money here sorry MS.

    The best deals are the ones which have been on Gold in the past...good for newcomers but not xbox vets 🤣🤣🤣
  • Sonic6LSonic6L154,430
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 09:22, Edited on 22 November 19 at 09:24 by Sonic6LPermalink
    This is going to hurt my bank account.

    Going to get the DLC for Deus Ex, AC:Origins and AC:Odyssey.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76463,753
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 10:29Permalink
    Oriole2682 said:
    Anyone know what UltF2PnDiscount_ERAGame0712 is? (2nd to last thing from the bottom)
    A broken link. wink
  • SeeD RedSeeD Red399,784
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 10:37Permalink
    Worst sale ever.
  • Posted on 22 November 19 at 14:27Permalink
    Hellgate Aeon said:
    DrSchlepenstein said:
    And for any who has played it, is Ace Combat 7 similar in to 6? Or did they jack it up again and make it more like Assault Horizon?
    AC7 is a bad feverdream version of AC6... or more like the ps2 games with new graphics. but the whole game is just pure cringe and drones, drones, drones. one of 2019s disappointments for me. they lost their bite with the AC franchise.

    i did a review for this game where i trashed this garbage. if you are interessted in the opinion of a long time AC player (since the first ps1 game) you will find it there. and ofc there are tons of people praising this "game" too :D
    Thanks for the info. Loved 2, 4 and 6 the most. But I played the demo for Assault Horizon and the forced dog fight mode that happened constantly just turned me off the game. Was hoping that AC7 went back to how things were in 6, but if it's not that great, I'll either pass on it or wait till it's below $20.

    xPut Name Herex said:
    DrSchlepenstein said:
    Is there any difference in the content between the the Gold and Ultimate editions of Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

    I looked at them both under their game tabs and I see no difference in content offered?
    Click through to the actual Microsoft Store page, the TA page isn't always good about picking up all the content associated with a bundle.

    In this case, there's three cosmetics packs, and an XP and money boost in the Ultimate edition that aren't in the Gold edition.
    Thank you for the info. Might wait then on that as well since it's been on sale numerous times already and I am still 2 AC games behind. When the Ultimate/Deluxe edition drops to about $20 i'll pick it up then.
  • Rista BRista B444,097
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 14:33Permalink
    Wasn't expecting much this year as I have picked up a bunch of stuff on previous sales or it's on Gamepass and don't need to buy it but was hoping for a better discount on RDR2 and surprised that there is no sale on Nier. Guess will have to see if the end of year sale has anything better on offer.

    Division 2 is interesting. Not sure if the Gold edition is worth picking up or just the base game.
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
  • iloUZ44SBCiloUZ44SBC97,145
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 14:39Permalink
    Jesus, so many things to play and i got too little time....
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.