The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Black Friday Sale 2019: Discounts on Xbox 360 Games and DLC

• The NotoThe Noto542,965
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 16:40
    Was hoping for some decent DLC, but F-It, I bought Strider (since it's digital only and not-BC) and Age of Booty.
  • mkdfanmkdfan858,358
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 17:01
    A lot of the same prices as usual or worse.
    Looking at Mass Effect 2 and 3 and Red Dead, they never go cheaper.
  • iNaiaRiNaiaR108,029
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 17:04
    I have money expiring next week, and while the deals are pretty lame, I still have to find something worth it.
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 17:25
    Plenty of sales, all for Gold members. Bye bye marketplace, it's been fun.
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 18:03
    Barely any DLC. Been waiting for future solider for a long time. The wait continues.
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 18:42
    Nah hold on a minute....Call of Duty 2 and 3 is 14.99€? To the person in Microsoft making up these prices PUT THE CRACKPIPE DOWN!!!!! laugh
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan207,106
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 18:43
    z I ToP CaT I z said:
    Barely any DLC. Been waiting for future solider for a long time. The wait continues.
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was last on sale Oct 22nd. Unless you're referring to it's DLC?

I Like Drinkin said:
    This is the early sale for Gold members, Silver members will have the sale available to them at some point next week, I think.
  • EthigyEthigy1,030,211
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 20:09
    Seems they practically copy and pasted the same deals from last year, disappointing.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007209,085
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 20:37, Edited on 22 November 19 at 01:14 by FireDrake007
    PoppaSmurf110 said:
    Nah hold on a minute....Call of Duty 2 and 3 is 14.99€? To the person in Microsoft making up these prices PUT THE CRACKPIPE DOWN!!!!! laugh
    It is not Microsoft. It is Activision. They also have inflated prices for these old games on steam on PC. The Call of Duty series is so popular they feel they can gouge their fans for even the older games.

That is why I still haven't bought the original Call of Duty and United Offensive on steam. These older games are insanely expensive still with minimal discounts on sale.

Same thing with Grand Theft Auto San Andreas with Rockstar. It cost even more than GTA IV on this sale.
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 20:42
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Also, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are at the lowest price they've been since Mar 2018.
    I might be more interested if they have the complete versions on sale like they do on PC but since they don't have those, I will just rely on Gamepass and my PC versions.
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 21:00, Edited on 21 November 19 at 21:03 by FireDrake007
    I Like Drinkin said:
    XBL Games with Gold is worth it man. You should sign up. Here are the Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games I got as bonus games from the past year alone:

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    Star Wars Republic Commando
    Star Wars: Battlefront II
    Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Torchlight
    Portal: Still Alive
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Far Cry 2
    Assassin's Creed: Rogue
    Dragon Age II
    Dante's Inferno
    Assassin's Creed
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Dead Space 2
    Dead Space 3
    Vanquish
    Earth Defense Force 2017
    Earth Defense Force 2025

Also you should start getting access to the Black Friday deals as a Silver Member later this week.
  • CenosisCenosis264,091
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 21:48
    I Like Drinkin said:
    This same sale is supposed to be available for everyone sometime Sunday (Nov. 24th) I have to wait till then myself.
    Good looking sale for me actually, plenty of stuff that I would like to finally pick up.
  • DariusDaSnepDariusDaSnep501,300
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 22:38
    the raven and all is content on sale for 1$ each is a pretty good deal for easy achievements
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 22:40
    Seitzz said:
    Dang, must say I'm slightly disappointed. Was hoping for more XBLA titles and at cheaper prices. Trials HD was the only one I was really looking at, but still just hoping the DLC goes on sale at some point maybe. Just not going to pay $14 for all the stuff right now.
    i'm after Picking up "The Darkness" for $3.99 but i would NOT recommend you to get it, there are LOADS of ONLINE CHEEVO's & no one plays it online anymore, its a 13 year old game afterall 🏆🏆🏆
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 23:10, Edited on 21 November 19 at 23:30 by FireDrake007
    Cenosis said:
    I Like Drinkin said:
    This same sale is supposed to be available for everyone sometime Sunday (Nov. 24th) I have to wait till then myself.
    Good looking sale for me actually, plenty of stuff that I would like to finally pick up.
    Do you know when the sale ends? I might wait until they reveal which 4 games will be given away with Games with Gold in December before buying from this sale.

As for the current sale list, a lot of repeats and still missing new dlc sales, but I might be interested in a few regardless.

BTW you mentioned you were interested in continuing the Mass Effect series. Mass Effect 2 and 3 are currently on sale.
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 23:20, Edited on 22 November 19 at 13:33 by FireDrake007
    AboveHunter said:
    the raven and all is content on sale for 1$ each is a pretty good deal for easy achievements
    It is also a fun detective/murder mystery game. I finally finished the entire game after they placed the dlc on sale a few months ago and enjoyed it. There were so many twists and turns in this detective story that it kept me guessing until the end.

A word of warning though about the controls. It is a bit clunky using a controller. It obviously is a point and click adventure game and was made using a mouse and keyboard in mind so reaching for objects can be a little difficult sometimes using a gamepad. There were also a few minor glitches but nothing game breaking.
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 23:26
    AxemanBionic 27 said:
    Seitzz said:
    Dang, must say I'm slightly disappointed. Was hoping for more XBLA titles and at cheaper prices. Trials HD was the only one I was really looking at, but still just hoping the DLC goes on sale at some point maybe. Just not going to pay $14 for all the stuff right now.
    i'm after Picking up "The Darkness" for $3.99 but i would NOT recommend you to get it, there are LOADS of ONLINE CHEEVO's & no one plays it online anymore, its a 13 year old game afterall 🏆🏆🏆
    If anybody does pick up the game and needs help getting the online achievements, let me know. It is in my backlog and would be happy to get those as well.
  • Capn BeavCapn Beav805,654
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 23:34
    Thought about stacking Far Cry 4 until I saw that the MP got axed.
  • iNaiaRiNaiaR108,029
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 00:09
    Has anyone experienced Hydrophobia freezing? After seeing that it was on sale, I saw I had purchased it before so I was playing through it and it seems about halfway through Act 2, the game just randomly freezes. Sometimes it’s a black screen and I dashboard, other times the console freezes.

So I guess just a word of warning for anyone who might be thinking of getting this game.
  • CenosisCenosis264,091
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 00:47
    FireDrake007 said:
    Cenosis said:
    I Like Drinkin said:
    Do you know when the sale ends? I might wait until they reveal which 4 games will be given away with Games with Gold in December before buying from this sale.

As for the current sale list, a lot of repeats and still missing new dlc sales, but I might be interested in a few regardless.

BTW you mentioned you were interested in continuing the Mass Effect series. Mass Effect 2 and 3 are currently on sale.
    Yeah it's supposed to be good till December 2nd, Should be perfect for seeing what the GwG are.

I got the Mass Effect trilogy pack about six years ago but I have a huge tendency to keep putting off playing games the longer I own them. I have the same problem with Skyrim, had it forever but still haven't started it yet. I think my mentality is I'm trying to run through all the shorter games first but they keep piling up lol, I'll get there eventually I guess. :D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.