Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Quest 10,000 Gamerscore for 10,000 Reward Points in 10 Days is Back

• hypobonixhypobonix1,030,040
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 16:03
    Has there been any update if the Game Pass for PC lists work? I would understand if they weren't included, I just haven't seen any update.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy513,746
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 16:46
    FireDrake007 said:
    Mav A Nice Day said:
    I guess I'll start Shadow of Mordor now. No chance I finish it in 10 days, but it'll get me something, and that's better than nothing.

Gotta jump between Shadow of Mordor and Strange Brigade, which is leaving soon. Priorities, priorities.
    I am through with the base game for Shadow of Mordor but I still need to finish many of the dlcs as well as some challenges before the 10 day quest period is over.

Fortunately I chose not to do Strange Brigade even after I found out it was leaving. I decided to play ABZU instead from the leaving gamepass list.
    I decided not to bother too much with Strange Brigade, as at leat £15 needs to be spent on DLC to complete it. Hopefully it will be on sale soon, and will buy the bundle, which was £21 when on sale last in the Spring sale, it may be less next sale.

It ís probs not on sale right now for BF as the publishers of the game hope people buy it with the game pass discount.

I was trying to get through Below and Kingdom Two Crowns but found them annoying with the restrictive time left, so may buy them too at one point, and play them with no time restraints.

I am just mainly focussing on these games for 10000. Completed Minit and old mans journey. Yooka laylee is one game I have been wanting to play. I bought game on disc but not played it yet, but if I can play it through before it leaves game pass then can resell it sealed.

Also trying to squeeze in last couple of seasons of Person of Interest which leaves Amazon Prime soon, end of month I think.

All these things are becoming well overwhelming, but playing through the games more now. My Xbox ONE gamerscore has now overtaken my 360 gamerscore, even though I have bought way more 360 games.
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 18:20
    hypobonix said:
    Has there been any update if the Game Pass for PC lists work? I would understand if they weren't included, I just haven't seen any update.
    I am able to see the list of games in the game pass app on my ipad, but the xbox one still not working. The list of games in the mobile app match this article.

I played Mutant Year Zero on PC unlocked acahievment for 10 gamerscore and then got 10 extra rewards points, looks like it works.

The best way to see if it works is get the 500 to begin with, claim the points then when you unlock an achievement it adds to the rewards points almost insantly, although some may take time.

The Xbox 360 games should work, but probably takes a while to see.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007271,408
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 18:21, Edited on 24 November 19 at 19:44 by FireDrake007
    superniceguy said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    Mav A Nice Day said:
    I guess I'll start Shadow of Mordor now. No chance I finish it in 10 days, but it'll get me something, and that's better than nothing.

Gotta jump between Shadow of Mordor and Strange Brigade, which is leaving soon. Priorities, priorities.
    I am through with the base game for Shadow of Mordor but I still need to finish many of the dlcs as well as some challenges before the 10 day quest period is over.

Fortunately I chose not to do Strange Brigade even after I found out it was leaving. I decided to play ABZU instead from the leaving gamepass list.
    I decided not to bother too much with Strange Brigade, as at leat £15 needs to be spent on DLC to complete it. Hopefully it will be on sale soon, and will buy the bundle, which was £21 when on sale last in the Spring sale, it may be less next sale.

It ís probs not on sale right now for BF as the publishers of the game hope people buy it with the game pass discount.

I was trying to get through Below and Kingdom Two Crowns but found them annoying with the restrictive time left, so may buy them too at one point, and play them with no time restraints.

I am just mainly focussing on these games for 10000. Completed Minit and old mans journey. Yooka laylee is one game I have been wanting to play. I bought game on disc but not played it yet, but if I can play it through before it leaves game pass then can resell it sealed.

Also trying to squeeze in last couple of seasons of Person of Interest which leaves Amazon Prime soon, end of month I think.

All these things are becoming well overwhelming, but playing through the games more now. My Xbox ONE gamerscore has now overtaken my 360 gamerscore, even though I have bought way more 360 games.
    I cancelled my Amazon Prime sub for now because I was spending too much time on my Xbox One X especially with Gamepass. I can always go back to Amazon Prime for a month to binge watch their TV exclusive shows.

I can't even get to my backlog for the most part because of Gamepass Ultimate which I prioritized because of the limited duration of games on that sub. It is such a good deal. I also found myself playing more games now on my Xbox One X than I used to because I know the games on Gamepass might leave the service or are part of promos like the 10,000 points in 10 day MS Reward quest.

And same as you because of Gamepass and Games with Gold, the gamescores I get from Xbox One games I have played have now surpassed those for my Xbox 360 games and the latter included back compatible games I can play in 4K on my Xbox One X.
  • Larvi1Larvi12,828,451
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 18:59
    I did Old Man's Journey and got the points for that but I've been playing SR3 for the last couple of days and the achievements aren't counting. It may be because I'm playing on the 360 from a physical disc but I have the complete package version so don't really want to play the game pass version.

I thought this would be a good reason to address some of my backlog but kind of put off now.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007271,408
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 19:45
    It seems the BC Xbox 360 games achievements are not registering for MS rewards points.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz2,244,254
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 19:47
    TitianDan said:
    Samurai Shodown 2 doesn't work. Just a heads up to anyone thinking of trying that one. I played on my one x and my 360, and none of them added to my rewards points.
    I dont have any factual evidence outside of word of mouth on reddit lol but to my knowledge despite sometimes having 360 games tied to a quest, they dont actually count. Only XB1 games.
    Matthew
  • BioMegaBearBioMegaBear331,998
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 19:57
    How does windows 10 online work? I refused to go for achivements on windows 10 untill I figure out how it works
  • Posted on 24 November 19 at 21:25
    BioMegaBear said:
    How does windows 10 online work? I refused to go for achivements on windows 10 untill I figure out how it works
    what do you mean how does it work? as long as you are logged in with your xbox/windows profile, achievements will unlock and add to your gamertag just like on xbox
    GBR!
  • Demo MCNDemo MCN266,308
    Posted on 25 November 19 at 00:32
    Reward system doesn't do s**t in certain regions (like Finland in my case)

Well don't really have time for that quest thingy anyway..
  • Posted on 25 November 19 at 02:27
    superniceguy said:
    The best way to see if it works is get the 500 to begin with, claim the points then when you unlock an achievement it adds to the rewards points almost insantly, although some may take time.
    I just reached 500 points on Old Man's Journey on PC, but I don't see anything new on my Microsoft Rewards page. Is there something specific I need to do?
  • BioMegaBearBioMegaBear331,998
    Posted on 25 November 19 at 03:38
    BLOOdREDkN7GHT said:
    BioMegaBear said:
    what do you mean how does it work? as long as you are logged in with your xbox/windows profile, achievements will unlock and add to your gamertag just like on xbox
    with other xbox one players or exclusively winodows 10 players?
  • Posted on 25 November 19 at 04:03
    BioMegaBear said:
    with other xbox one players or exclusively winodows 10 players?
    I think it depends on the game
    GBR!
    Posted on 25 November 19 at 04:42, Edited on 25 November 19 at 04:45 by superniceguy
    TheVampireWaltz said:
    superniceguy said:
    I just reached 500 points on Old Man's Journey on PC, but I don't see anything new on my Microsoft Rewards page. Is there something specific I need to do?
    Claim the points in the game pass quest, hopefully the first punch of 500 will be completed with a tick
  • Posted on 25 November 19 at 05:26
    superniceguy said:
    TheVampireWaltz said:
    superniceguy said:
    Claim the points in the game pass quest, hopefully the first punch of 500 will be completed with a tick
    On the Xbox app for Microsoft Rewards, you mean? Everything I'm seeing for Xbox Game Pass Quests is telling me to use my Xbox app, which...I don't have, because I don't have an Xbox One. :/
    Posted on 25 November 19 at 05:56
    TheVampireWaltz said:
    superniceguy said:
    TheVampireWaltz said:
    superniceguy said:
    On the Xbox app for Microsoft Rewards, you mean? Everything I'm seeing for Xbox Game Pass Quests is telling me to use my Xbox app, which...I don't have, because I don't have an Xbox One. :/
    It should work with the game pass app for mobile. I can see it on my ipad.
  • DraelDrael241,241
    Posted on 25 November 19 at 11:17, Edited on 25 November 19 at 11:29 by Drael
    I've finished Old Mans Journey and Minit, am working on Outer Wilds now, and will start on Momodora after. Playing a bit of Jump Force in between games. Probably will have time for another game, maybe Halo Wars:DE. I've almost completed the 360 version, haven't played anything from the DLCs, and it's semi quick might as well try and squeeze it in. Unless anyone has a better suggestion? How's Gonner, Bloodstained, Neon Chrome, or Shadow Tactics?

Luckily, before this game pass quest, I've been playing Outer Worlds for a while, going for the double stack on this one, and haven't played most of the games on the list, although I already did complete Quantum Break -.-

Xbox 360 games are glitched for this game pass quest and are not counted towards it. Do not play them.

Xbox play anywhere games, such as Old Mans Journey, played on either the Xbox or PC will count towards this game pass quest. These are not the games with stackable achievements.

Can anyone confirm if playing a stackable PC game counts? I might try SuperHot on console and PC to test, if anyone else does please sound off the answer.
  • Posted on 25 November 19 at 13:33
    I can't lie I LOVE these types of quests. Although I wish it was longer than 10 days but I get the reasoning behind it. This will be my first time doing a 10k quest and while I won't get the full 10k I'll get some points and it will allow me to try some games I maybe otherwise might not have even looked at. So keep these coming Microsoft!
  • Posted on 25 November 19 at 14:48
    Does this mean 500G per game, or just earn a minimum 500G from any games?
  • Posted on 25 November 19 at 18:16
    festival toilet said:
    Does this mean 500G per game, or just earn a minimum 500G from any games?
    500 GS from any game. It tallies up your GS until you clear 500. For example, I hit it at 520/500 so I missed out on 20 points. Just a warning.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads