Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Quest 10,000 Gamerscore for 10,000 Reward Points in 10 Days is Back

• Posted on 26 November 19 at 04:53, Edited on 26 November 19 at 05:04 by moosepn
    A bunch of the achievements are down. In the middle of a 10k rewards challenge....holy *$&$ I spent a couple hours doing minimalist on Minit in different ways trying to trigger it. Worms WMD, the Old Man game, and a bunch of others are messed up. For the second run of a 10k contest on 2-3 year old games trying to score Nike factory wages. I'm about to trade this Xbox Shun for a PS4 f/r

*I was at about 1300/9500 when it stopped counting achievements. Don't bang your head on this, it's a lot of games jacked up.
  • Posted on 26 November 19 at 04:54
    superniceguy said:
    TheVampireWaltz said:
    superniceguy said:
    TheVampireWaltz said:
    superniceguy said:
    The best way to see if it works is get the 500 to begin with, claim the points then when you unlock an achievement it adds to the rewards points almost insantly, although some may take time.
    I just reached 500 points on Old Man's Journey on PC, but I don't see anything new on my Microsoft Rewards page. Is there something specific I need to do?
    Claim the points in the game pass quest, hopefully the first punch of 500 will be completed with a tick
    On the Xbox app for Microsoft Rewards, you mean? Everything I'm seeing for Xbox Game Pass Quests is telling me to use my Xbox app, which...I don't have, because I don't have an Xbox One. :/
    It should work with the game pass app for mobile. I can see it on my ipad.
    Looks like you can use the Game Pass app to track quests you've started, but you have to actually start them from your Xbox One. At least, that's what the site seems to say, and I don't see any section for quests or rewards in the Game Pass app.
  • Hobbess253Hobbess253429,622
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 15:08, Edited on 26 November 19 at 15:08 by Hobbess253
    I didn't get this 10k Quest as I'm an Insider - I've been updated to the new daily/weekly/monthly quests lists. Info here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/11/20/xbox-game-pass-quests...

Getting points daily just for opening the app and a game. Weekly challenge was kill 25 red folks in Superhot and have a legendary weapon in Borderlands, not tied to achievements. Plus more quests for doing so many daily and weekly quests. All for points.
  • SplyntaSplynta555,396
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 11:11
    moosepn said:
    A bunch of the achievements are down. In the middle of a 10k rewards challenge....holy *$&$ I spent a couple hours doing minimalist on Minit in different ways trying to trigger it. Worms WMD, the Old Man game, and a bunch of others are messed up. For the second run of a 10k contest on 2-3 year old games trying to score Nike factory wages. I'm about to trade this Xbox Shun for a PS4 f/r

*I was at about 1300/9500 when it stopped counting achievements. Don't bang your head on this, it's a lot of games jacked up.
    Logical reasoning for getting a PS4.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,000,041
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 12:13, Edited on 27 November 19 at 12:17 by EarthboundX
    Splynta said:
    moosepn said:

Logical reasoning for getting a PS4.
    For sure, haha.

"So why did you decide to sell your Xbox and buy a PS4 friend? Was it its exclusives or something else you liked?"

"No, nothing silly like that, MS didn't give me 1-2 dollars in rewards points, so I had to switch."
  • EritsosEritsos47,002
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 17:22, Edited on 27 November 19 at 17:24 by Eritsos
    Xbox 360 achievements takes up to 72 hrs to register guys. Can confirm they do count. Played Fallout 3 three days ago and got 60 achievement points. Went to bed last night at 2995 points in quest. Woke up with 3055.
    Also pc game pass games with achievements counts in this challenge. Did old man's journey on pc along with doing dead cells and guacamelee 2 on pc. Which also include halo wars DE, worms WMD, neon chrome, mutant year zero and superhot.
    Also recommend doing momodora as well. Can get 800 points in one playthrough (all 1000 If you're really good and do insane difficulty)
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,242,252
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 17:43
    Hobbess253 said:
    I didn't get this 10k Quest as I'm an Insider - I've been updated to the new daily/weekly/monthly quests lists. Info here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/11/20/xbox-game-pass-quests...

Getting points daily just for opening the app and a game. Weekly challenge was kill 25 red folks in Superhot and have a legendary weapon in Borderlands, not tied to achievements. Plus more quests for doing so many daily and weekly quests. All for points.
    These quests are in the microsoft rewards app, not where you're looking. You can/should be able to do both.

I'm insider/preview/basically everything as well.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor618,351
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 18:28, Edited on 27 November 19 at 19:56 by saturnsailor
    David#4473 said:
    This is a weird website for you to be saying this on considering the whole point is to show how large our e-penis is via GS and their 'true' value.
    You hit the nail on the head I believe. Things have grown to unhealthy proportions though. In 20 years an average GS will be like 20 billion.

Kanchanaburi said:
    David#4473 said:
    This is a weird website for you to be saying this on considering the whole point is to show how large our e-penis is via GS and their 'true' value.
    I agree a pandora's box was opened with devs being able to have 1000gs in their easy to finish games, and other were allowed to make games with little or no achievements in their base game. too much imbalance in the achievement system, too much focus on doing for sony as for xbox. something has to give.
    Who are we kidding? This system continues to lure customers really well and it's not gonna stop as long as it turns a profit. Increasing the GS has become an end in itself. I can think of worse addictions than this one of course but I don't like to feel like a tool. I don't mind achievements, naturally, I like to have a system of record helping me keep track of what I've done and when, but I don't feel like I earned 1,000 of anything after reaching all the milestones set in a game by the developers, it always being 1,000 regardless of the number of those milestones and the effort and time required to get to them to boot. Maybe it's just me.

J4CKA1 said:
    So... Avatar and Gears of War should be equal? Gotta be trolling....
    Maybe limiting these indie games to 200 points would be good like the old arcade games, but I doubt MS really gives 2 thoughts to the point values and their relation to other games. lol
    By the current system Avatar and Gears of War are indeed equal. Both are worth 1,000 GS. What does the 1,000 tell us about a given game? Absolutely nothing.

SilentJay76 said:
    You do realise that certain indie games will just come with 4000 achievements, unlocking one every 5 seconds for doing nothing, right? --> see Steam
    I see your point, XBOX prevents such wild escapades with the 1,000 GS cap. To me the 1,000 is the problem. It's excessive, misleading and tells you absolutely nothing. There's no way completing a game is worth 1,000 of anything. It does not reflect a game's content, length or difficulty. To an outsider, from an achievement perspective, there is no difference between Sekiro and The Last Airbender. They're both worth 1,000 GS each. Per your point, MS could limit the number of achievements per game then instead of capping it off with some arbitrary large number.
    saturnsailor
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 19:13
    saturnsailor said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    You do realise that certain indie games will just come with 4000 achievements, unlocking one every 5 seconds for doing nothing, right? --> see Steam
    To an outsider, from an achievement perspective, there is no difference between Sekiro and The Last Airbender. They're both worth 1,000 GS each.
    And that, kind sir, is what we have TA for!
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor618,351
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 20:05
    iMaginaryy said:
    saturnsailor said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    To an outsider, from an achievement perspective, there is no difference between Sekiro and The Last Airbender. They're both worth 1,000 GS each.
    And that, kind sir, is what we have TA for!
    Yes but if each achievement was worth 1 GS we would need TA just as much if not more. Certain achievements would be more coveted than others but they would be exactly what they are: milestones placed within games. Some harder to get to and overcome than others but all the same beast. Games aren't equal, the pleasure, time and effort required to experience them aren't equal. Then why they are they all worth the same amount? All cars don't cost the same. I just don't agree with this. The other day I played 2 different games. Two different experiences, two different levels of enjoyment, but apparently they're both worth the same 1,000 GS so they must both be of equal value. The're not. That's cheating.
    saturnsailor
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1311,390
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 20:15
    I see where you're going with this sailor, but you're choosing to die on the wrong hill. There's never going to be an industry-wide agreement to find a standard of what each new game is held to and achievement points distributed accordingly. 1 - while I love achievements, they just aren't the point of games. They are fun to go after, but we are also a small minority and not worth targeting in this way. 2 - there's tons of achievement whores in that small minority that WANT these games and pay for them just for achievement points. While I find it lame to buy up all these ACA games, etc, it's a source of income for them and it's not going to change until people stop buying them. 3 - I'm not sure how many achievements you want in games, but I doubt companies are going to spend time on every game trying to figure out names, pictures, programming triggers, etc. for 1000 different achievements.

Lastly, yes Avatar and the base game of Gears 1 are 1k, but the vast majority of people that played GoW1 didn't get that full thousand. It's an imperfect system, but it's not important enough to worry this hard about. A bigger issue in gaming is the pre-order / MTX / day 1 patch issues that are (IMO) hurting the gamers that pay into the industry.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,812,842
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 20:25
    iMaginaryy said:
    Hobbess253 said:

These quests are in the microsoft rewards app, not where you're looking. You can/should be able to do both.

Was just about to follow up with this as well. Im in the same boat as imagginary, insider, preview etc. Got em all, and boy they are just tossing us points lately. Makes the sting of hot deals all but going away on gift cards not too bad. Theyre literally paying me to play games at this point rock
    Matthew
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 22:22
    iMaginaryy said:
    Hobbess253 said:

Interesting - I dug around on the console rewards page and didn't see the 10k quest. I'll look again. Not sure if my being in Canada is affecting things.
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 23:34
    Hobbess253 said:
    iMaginaryy said:
    Hobbess253 said:

Interesting - I dug around on the console rewards page and didn't see the 10k quest. I'll look again. Not sure if my being in Canada is affecting things.
    It can take up to 72 hours to show up if you just joined/renewed game pass as well.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
    Posted on 28 November 19 at 15:09
    iMaginaryy said:
    It can take up to 72 hours to show up if you just joined/renewed game pass as well.
    Been part of Game Pass since nearly the start. Still nothing on console or app for this quest. Already done the few easier games so wasn't going to chase too hard, but not sure why it's not showing at all.
  • Posted on 28 November 19 at 16:38, Edited on 28 November 19 at 16:41 by TXsportsGamer83
    Is this 500G cumulative over all the games? Cuz there's some games that have 200G on this list
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,000,041
    Posted on 28 November 19 at 17:32
    TXsportsGamer83 said:
    Is this 500G cumulative over all the games? Cuz there's some games that have 200G on this list
    Yep.
    Posted on 28 November 19 at 17:41
    TXsportsGamer83 said:
    No, it's 10,000 GS in one game wink

Lol sorry couldn't resist, yes it's cumulative across the listed selection of games.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 28 November 19 at 20:50
    iMaginaryy said:
    TXsportsGamer83 said:
    No, it's 10,000 GS in one game wink

Lol sorry couldn't resist, yes it's cumulative across the listed selection of games.
    Hahaha its cool. I figured, just wanted to make sure. Thinking of starting samurai showdown just to check it out.
  • VideogamequeenVideogamequeen1,015,264
    Posted on 29 November 19 at 05:21
    Dead Cells on PC didn't add points to my total. The only game that counted so far was Minit.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.