Windows

Forum for general Windows discussion. Come here to talk about everything associated with the OS, from games to apps to updates.

Achievements don't work on my PC

• AntiMacroAntiMacro365,589
    Posted on 22 November 19 at 23:32, Edited on 22 November 19 at 23:33 by AntiMacroPermalink
    I've been running Windows 10 for ages and now that Game Pass has added more quests that revolve around playing PC games as well, I want to solve a long-standing problem: Achievements don't work on my PC.

They don't track for completion, they don't pop when I've done what is required, and the games don't even show up on my 'Recent Games' list.

I'm logged in as my account, obviously as I'm using Game Pass via it to play the games in the first place. Googling it only comes up with one solution - the same one other people here have had - make sure the "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry" service is running. It is. I've restarted it. I've restarted it and the PC. I've restarted the PC, then restarted the service...it is clearly NOT the problem.

It was happening on Windows 10, version 1903 (Build 18362.476) - it's still happening on the latest 1909 build.

Does anyone have a clue what is causing this and how to fix it?
  • ChinDoctaChinDocta1,253,430
    Posted on 23 November 19 at 06:30, Edited on 23 November 19 at 06:31 by ChinDoctaPermalink
    Not running through a VPN or anything right? That was a problem I had a couple times when I was playing. Also, and I'm sure it does but always have to ask, does the game you are playing definitely pop achievements on the Windows 10 platform?
    GI Flagging Manager
  • EmagDrolBotEmagDrolBot181,262
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 00:15Permalink
    Possibly a stupid question, but it's definitely a game that has achievements, right? Not all Game Pass for PC games have live enabled achievements.
  • KoicommanderKoicommander737,964
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 09:17Permalink
    Download and check the app “Xbox Identity provider”. It may fix it as it did for me when my live account didn’t connect properly to games on win10.
    Tell that to the covenant.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.