Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Multiple Reports of New Tony Hawk's Skating Games Surface Online

• kintariskintaris323,107
  • mitch afcamitch afca191,804 191,804 GamerScore
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 11:17Permalink
    would be cool i am just a fan of the play style of the games
  • SDREW44SDREW443,585,675
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 11:25Permalink
    Fuck Yes. Please give us a Pro skater 1 2 3 and 4 Remaster!!! rock
  • x Mr BuRNz ox Mr BuRNz o373,716
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 12:03Permalink
    Underground 2 was the best IMO
  • Posted on 26 November 19 at 12:12Permalink
    I would literally pay full price for remastered versions of THUG and THUG 2. Games of my youth <3
  • HighLandurHighLandur238,786
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 12:17, Edited on 26 November 19 at 12:23 by HighLandurPermalink
    Interesting fact, the skater that's in the top image of this thread is Andrew Reynolds. Otherwise known as "The Boss", Andrew once told The Nine Club podcast that in one single quarterly pay-check from the THPS games, he crossed 150,000 bucks. When Tony was more involved with the series, he made sure that all the pros represented would be taken care of financially with royalties. Activision quickly put a stop to that when they realized just how much they were giving away.

*If you're ever struggling for a podcast, see if you can find a Nine Club episode with your favourite THPS character, you'd be amazed what some of these guys come from.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 November 19 at 12:27Permalink
    I'm not a huge fan of remasters, not from the 360 era anyway, however older PS1, PS2 and Xbox original remasters are welcome in my books and Pro Skater 3 & 4 and THUG 1 & 2 remastered would be welcomed from me, childhood memories!
  • NetechmaNetechma161,945
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 13:39Permalink
    The original few were soo cool. Used to be some of my favorite games but they lost me toward the end... the gameplay changed for the worse and what was that one with the weird peripheral equipment??
    War kinda changes I guess... damn
  • Posted on 26 November 19 at 13:44Permalink
    If they have to change the soundtrack due to legal issues then I'm going to pass. After playing the Xbox 360 gen remaster with different music I know how much that sort of thing ruins it for me.
  • Posted on 26 November 19 at 15:12Permalink
    BushidoBrown305 said:
    I would literally pay full price for remastered versions of THUG and THUG 2. Games of my youth <3
    Same. Absolutely loved them on PS2. American Wasteland, too! rock toast
  • CRUM LEECRUM LEE463,030
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 15:21Permalink
    HighLandur said:
    Interesting fact, the skater that's in the top image of this thread is Andrew Reynolds. Otherwise known as "The Boss", Andrew once told The Nine Club podcast that in one single quarterly pay-check from the THPS games, he crossed 150,000 bucks. When Tony was more involved with the series, he made sure that all the pros represented would be taken care of financially with royalties. Activision quickly put a stop to that when they realized just how much they were giving away.

*If you're ever struggling for a podcast, see if you can find a Nine Club episode with your favourite THPS character, you'd be amazed what some of these guys come from.
    The Nine Club really is a great skateboarding podcast. I listen all the time.

As for this, no thanks. I can't be bothered with arcade-y skateboard games after the Skate series. Excited for Session tho!
  • TunalegTunaleg583,839
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 15:48Permalink
    They already remastered 1 and 2 in 2012.
  • Posted on 26 November 19 at 17:12Permalink
    I would like the first 2 games remastered. Thug was cool from what I remember, but I liked the simplicity of the earlier games. It seemed strait forward, nowadays it’s customise this, go through a million and one rings of fire before you can actually enjoy playing.
    I voted for kodos
  • Tess JakTess Jak274,020
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 17:44Permalink
    underground 1 et 2 please :) <3
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 November 19 at 18:18, Edited on 26 November 19 at 18:23 by Permalink
    Tony Hawks Downhill Jam on the wii was well underrated, but easily the best player in the world (record holder on 90+ courses) on it will think that.
  • Myckel JayMyckel Jay234,375
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 04:57Permalink
    Though I prefer the story-based Hawk games to the Pro Skater series, I'd be down with a remaster of the first four and 2X. I actually didn't mind 5 though, except for the fact that it's clearly the hardest of the series. The engine was wonky, but it was bearable at most times. I'm still excited for Session though. Never heard of SkateBird until I read this, but the gameplay trailer looks... interesting, to say the least. The animations look like they could use some work, and the movements are far from fluid, but it still looks like fun.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.