Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Blue Arrives in Jurassic World Evolution in the New Skin Pack — But Should it be Paid DLC?

• Posted on 26 November 19 at 16:37Permalink
    I already have all DLC's including today's Raptor skins dlc redface And i'm going to buy the Return to Jurassic Park DLC headspin
  • Posted on 26 November 19 at 17:50Permalink
    Having paid for the Deluxe edition at the start I expected at least some of the content packs to be included because of my original purchase. Maybe I’m just spoiled by other games that include a lot of post launch content for those who bought the more expensive version to begin with. So I’m extremely hesitant to purchase anything else for this series at this time. I recognize they never promised any extra free content with my original purchase, it just seems like maybe something should have been included post launch for those of us who supported heavily to begin with.
  • EndxofxTimeEndxofxTime492,762
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 19:11Permalink
    I don't think they wanted to commit to having to do any more content than was necessary at launch. If the game didn't sell well then they aren't on the hook to develop more content that is unlikely to be sold.
    On the other hand, After a good reception they can and will continue to develop the game and monetize on that.
    Sounds like a smart game plan to me.

The questionable part I continue to worry about is where do you draw the line on content that should have been part of the original launch and what is additional content; paid or otherwise.
  • TreviosoTrevioso200,389
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 01:31Permalink
    EndxofxTime said:
    I don't think they wanted to commit to having to do any more content than was necessary at launch. If the game didn't sell well then they aren't on the hook to develop more content that is unlikely to be sold.
    On the other hand, After a good reception they can and will continue to develop the game and monetize on that.
    Sounds like a smart game plan to me.

The questionable part I continue to worry about is where do you draw the line on content that should have been part of the original launch and what is additional content; paid or otherwise.
    Yeah. I agree, if you know you aren't going to be the next big thing for a replayable sim game that would be around for 1-2+ years, why stay on the hook for developing a game but not making a profit. It would be better to fold so everyone (developer and players included) move onto their next game/project.

Consistency in a pricing/selling model would be better, then it wouldn't ruin everyone's expectations on what is free and what is support. In all, its not unheard of for a game to be $60 of DLC with todays freemium pricing models, but I'd expect a lot of quality if I'm willing to shell out that much money.
  • Brianx88Brianx88342,007
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 08:24Permalink
    ExclusiveBig LC said:
    Having paid for the Deluxe edition at the start I expected at least some of the content packs to be included because of my original purchase. Maybe I’m just spoiled by other games that include a lot of post launch content for those who bought the more expensive version to begin with. So I’m extremely hesitant to purchase anything else for this series at this time. I recognize they never promised any extra free content with my original purchase, it just seems like maybe something should have been included post launch for those of us who supported heavily to begin with.
    To be fair, the game has added a decent amount of free content. The Fallen Kingdom Dinosaurs, Challenge mode and Sandbox mode been the biggest examples. They could have easily charged an extra $10-20 for the Fallen Kingdom Dinos, and a lot of companies would have, same with Challenge and Sandbox modes, they could have quiet easily been paid DLC, especially Sandbox mode, which technically already existed in the game before this update.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285243,232
    Posted on 27 November 19 at 10:39Permalink
    ExclusiveBig LC said:
    Same boat I'm in. Bought it at a decent discount when I was trying to add up to $40 for one of the rewards deals in the app. Just saw deluxe and assumed it meant content like it does in every other game I've bought before. While it does technically, 5 random dinosaurs is hardly worth the $10 extra I paid. I would have much rather waited or got the standard version and another whole game.

Unfortunately it was a month or two before I found out what deluxe meant so no refund for me. This is a game I'd hold out and play in a couple years when everything is either all included or on a deep discount as the every release from them seems to be a backtrack on something else said.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.