Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for December Includes Jurassic World Evolution and More

  • John AceyJohn Acey244,356
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 08:20Permalink
    IN YO FACE 86 said:
    I'm I the only one who can't download the GwG?cry
    Well, I just yesterday Confirmed insane robots,
    and Downloaded toy story 3.
  • Posted on 02 December 19 at 17:07Permalink
    John Acey said:
    IN YO FACE 86 said:
    I'm I the only one who can't download the GwG?cry
    Well, I just yesterday Confirmed insane robots,
    and Downloaded toy story 3.
    I still can't download this month GwG every time I go to the link on the home screen or the website there's a error message and on the Home screen that Sherlock Holmes game is showing upcry
  • CalrethiCalrethi72,326
    Posted on 08 December 19 at 13:59Permalink
    Dusk X2 said:
    Is it 100% verified that Insane Robots still has an unobtainable? The achievement Quick Battle master is supposedly one requirement to obtain Full House achievement as one of the robots needed unlocks when all Quick Battles are complete. Well, it looks like some other achievements were unobtainable before, but a patch fixxed them. And ONLY 2 tracked gamers have Quick Battle master as of me writing this. One of them at least had the requirements met before the patch that fixed Quck Battle master and he had to replay the last battle to pop that Achievement. So if someone were to NOW meet all requirements would that last one pop? Maybe it's stuck for the TWO people who popped Quick Battle Master because they met the requirement before the patch and even replaying Quick Battles they cant receive the last robot again... so achievement won't trigger for them. I think when the sample size of players grows due this being a gwg game it will unlock for someone.
    Its supposedly fixed, it is just no one has actually unlocked it yet.
    There are things you need to do like play with 7 unique friends that don’t have other achievements attached, so I assume someone will get there eventually :)
  • AceAce335,205
    Posted on 08 December 19 at 20:24Permalink
    Calrethi said:
    Dusk X2 said:
    Is it 100% verified that Insane Robots still has an unobtainable? The achievement Quick Battle master is supposedly one requirement to obtain Full House achievement as one of the robots needed unlocks when all Quick Battles are complete. Well, it looks like some other achievements were unobtainable before, but a patch fixxed them. And ONLY 2 tracked gamers have Quick Battle master as of me writing this. One of them at least had the requirements met before the patch that fixed Quck Battle master and he had to replay the last battle to pop that Achievement. So if someone were to NOW meet all requirements would that last one pop? Maybe it's stuck for the TWO people who popped Quick Battle Master because they met the requirement before the patch and even replaying Quick Battles they cant receive the last robot again... so achievement won't trigger for them. I think when the sample size of players grows due this being a gwg game it will unlock for someone.
    Its supposedly fixed, it is just no one has actually unlocked it yet.
    There are things you need to do like play with 7 unique friends that don’t have other achievements attached, so I assume someone will get there eventually :)
    Notably on the "play with 7 friends" part of that achievement. I made a post on the forums about it and have gotten 1 reply so far (by Calrethi here) so I doubt anyone has gotten 7, let alone the other requirements.
  • Posted on 08 December 19 at 20:34Permalink
    Yeah two of the requirements to unlock all robots are to reach rank 33 in the ranked multiplayer and to complete the single player campaign. The playing with 7 friends in the easy part.

    I got to rank 50 to get that part out of the way, but this game isn't a priority for me right now. I will probably try to unlock all robots and see if the achievement pops in the next month or so.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • AceAce335,205
    Posted on 08 December 19 at 21:05Permalink
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    Yeah two of the requirements to unlock all robots are to reach rank 33 in the ranked multiplayer and to complete the single player campaign. The playing with 7 friends in the easy part.

    I got to rank 50 to get that part out of the way, but this game isn't a priority for me right now. I will probably try to unlock all robots and see if the achievement pops in the next month or so.
    Any tips on multiplayer? I keep losing games I have no control over and other issues.
  • Posted on 08 December 19 at 21:42Permalink
    Oh boy. Yeah, most people I played against had no fucking clue what they were doing. It's not super hard if you know what you're doing. That said, occasionally you just get screwed by the random augments. There are occasionally battles where one person gets a +3 to all attacks augment and a play attacks for free augment. On their second turn they have 3 energy and they play two 5 fuel attacks for free and then attack for 10 and you literally can't win. So there are some games where you can't win, but it should only be 5-10% of your games. Anyways, actual tips:

    1. It's generally better to sit on cards than to just spam them. If you draw a +2 energy card I usually see people play this right away to make two more moves on that turn. But this isn't optimal. The reason is that if you draw another +2 energy card later you can combine the two +2 cards to make a +5 card. You do have to pay 1 energy to do this, but it's better in the long run. A +1 and a +2 will make a +4.

    Similar idea for most cards. It costs 2 energy to play a 2 damage card (the cards that do direct damage and bypass defense). But you can combine it with another 2 damage card to make a 5 damage card. So you pay 1 energy to combine them and two energy to play them and you get 5 damage for 3 energy instead of paying two energy twice for 4 damage. I would often try to get at least 6 damage with an attack and then finish off the opponent with a 4 or 5 damage card.

    Also, it's usually better to do something like combining a 1 and 3 attack card into a 5 attack instead of playing them individually.

    2. Why is some of this important? In most games people would keep playing cards trying to set up an awesome 10 damage attack and lower my defense, but you usually don't have enough energy to do that in one turn. They have 6 energy and they spend 2 energy to play a couple attacks and to glitch my defense and to also get their defense up, but that leaves them with less than 3 energy and they can't actually do the attack that turn. On my turn I just counter it with maybe a swap or a glitch or something. and then on their next turn they're back in the same position using ALL their energy just to set up the attack, but they don't have the energy to actually play it.

    If you sit a bit conservatively you're better off in the long run. I get one of those +5 energy cards like I talked about and I have 11 energy on my turn instead of 6. I can play my two 5 attack cards, glitch his defense (or use the card that directly drops his defense by 5 instead of a random value from the glitch) AND still have the 3 energy to actually cast the attack AND if I didn't drop his defense to 0 and don't kill him outright I can often use that 4 or 5 direct damage card I played to finish him of.

    One of the other nice things about doing this is that you sort of sit on your 5 attack cards in your inventory instead of playing them, having the opponent glitch them, and then having to build your attack back up. You just end up wasting energy if you play high attack cards early because the enemy always fucks them up. Get a +4 or 5 energy card along with some 5 fuel attacks so you can play it all at once and attack. If I have 5 fuel attacks in my hand already I will play a 1 fuel attack on the board just to give me more options so I can swap my 1 fuel attack with his 5 or play a +4 card on it or something, but I generally just sit on my good cards.

    3. Glitch cards are generally shit. They're too inconsistent. I had way way way too many instances when I would use a 5 fuel glitch card to try to drop the enemies attack or defense and it would end up dropping it by 1 or something. I would rather combine a 5 fuel glitch with a 1 fuel of the other thing (I don't remember what they're called, the cards that effect by that specific amount instead of randomizing) to make a 5 fuel of the other type instead of hoping that the glitch does well.

    That said, if I have a 1 fuel glitch and a 5 fuel direct thingy I will just play the glitch on the opponent since it's a low cost and I still keep the 5 fuel card. It feels bad to play the 5 fuel glitch and be fucked if it does nothing, but if the 1 fuel glitch does nothing you still have higher fuel cards.

    4. I said to generally play conservatively and try to save cards, but obviously don't be conservative on defense. If you save your 5 defense cards for later and then the enemy attacks for 10 damage before you have a defense up then you still die. You need to get at least SOMETHING out for defense quickly, even if it's just a 1 and a 3.

    5. Not all of this is as good in single player if you're trying to get all achievements. That's because finishing the enemy off with a direct damage card doesn't give you the overkill points, but you need overkill points to get the 3 stars for each level in the campaign.

    6. Learn what the augments do and be aware of what the boosts do. Sometimes I was in a tight spot, but I could bait the enemy into attacking me while I had a deflector boost. Yeah, I might take 8 damage and be low on health, but it would kill his defense and then it was trivial to finish him off afterwards.

    Or if I was worried about being able to survive a decoy boost could save my ass.

    7. Learn what combines into what. I already talked about combining cards, but also keep in mind an uber decrease/increase combined with a normal decrease/increase combines into a direct damage card. Like I said earlier that can be really strong for finishing enemies off if you leave them low on health.

    Uber decrease/increase is generally shit since it will only effect each slot by a maximum of 2. Uber glitches are actually better since I found them changing the opponents values by MUCH more. Uber swaps can be nice if you have a bunch of low value cards on the board and the opponent has higher value cards.

    8. Measure the intelligence of your opponent and fuck with them on locks. It's usually way too obvious which card someone has used a lock on. Someone has a 5 defense card and a 4 defense card and they play a lock. I swap my 1 defense with his 4 defense because I know he's locked the 5 defense. If I'm playing against someone who seems a bit better I'll play my lock on my 4 defense card. Then he tries to glitch/swap the 4 defense card assuming I used my lock on my 5 defense and I'm still sitting at 9 defense since the lock blocked it. Or they use a lock on your 5 defense and just waste it.

    Hopefully that helps. I won 80-90% of my games this way and most of the losses were either horseshit augments where the enemy could kill me on turn 2 because he had the best augments or something similar. By the end of grinding to rank 50 I was so bored with the game that I wasn't really paying attention and definitely lost some from being distracted.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.