Community Events

Forum for the Twelve Days of Christmas 2019 Contest

12 Days of Christmas 3 Discussion

• Osmo76Osmo76594,011
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 11:30, Edited on 03 December 19 at 11:31 by Osmo76Permalink
    At this point I think there are only two ways to correct this.

1. Make it so that if a person gets a time consuming achievement before they finish the whole event, they are eligible for the double badge.
    Or
    2. Make it possible for people to reset their progress for Day 1 / all event.

They've already announced the double badge so they can't back out of it now. Two wrongs don't make a right.
  • DANIELJJ14DANIELJJ141,110,626
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 11:49Permalink
    Osmo76 said:
    They've already announced the double badge so they can't back out of it now. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Of course they can drop it, they haven’t given out the double badge yet. I’d much rather see someone from TA say “yep that was a dumb idea, so we’re not going to implement it” rather than giving out a garbage badge for one achievement. That some people can’t even get because they got fucked retroactively.
  • Osmo76Osmo76594,011
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 12:25Permalink
    DANIELJJ14 said:
    Osmo76 said:
    Of course they can drop it, they haven’t given out the double badge yet. I’d much rather see someone from TA say “yep that was a dumb idea, so we’re not going to implement it” rather than giving out a garbage badge for one achievement. That some people can’t even get because they got fucked retroactively.
    That's why I gave two options to cancel the retroactive fuck. They can't back out of it anymore, because some people have already made hours of effort to unlock a time consuming cheevo.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 12:54Permalink
    My Valid Achievements button shows me challenges as well as achievements, and I can't seem to figure out how to filter them out?
  • XpovosXpovos579,963
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 13:12Permalink
    The "My Achievement" filter seems to be having serious issues this morning. It currently isn't filtering based on Achievement Type at all.
    Time not important; only life important.
  • RubensXRubensX874,664
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 13:56Permalink
    Same problem here Xpovos
  • NapathanesNapathanes700,403
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 14:21, Edited on 03 December 19 at 14:42 by NapathanesPermalink
    So far I have unlocked 2 achievements that were shown to me as valid achievements for Day 1 and I have not progress to Day 2.

Upon further inspection I can see that I am being given achievements that do not have the collectible or time consuming flag next to them, yet they are listed as valid achievements for the Day 1 challenge.

Xpovos said:
    The "My Achievement" filter seems to be having serious issues this morning. It currently isn't filtering based on Achievement Type at all.
    Yep, filtering achievements is broken at the moment.

Sucks because I do not have a pro account anymore and I have wasted 2 scans today!
  • BigSilentRobBigSilentRob503,796
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 14:21Permalink
    So how soon after the challenge is revealed can I earn it. I finished Day 1 and completed 2 achievements for day 2, but they aren't counting towards the challenge. Any suggestions?
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,237,599
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 15:05, Edited on 03 December 19 at 15:05 by ZalexzyPermalink
    BigSilentRob said:
    So how soon after the challenge is revealed can I earn it. I finished Day 1 and completed 2 achievements for day 2, but they aren't counting towards the challenge. Any suggestions?
    You talking about Prominence Poker, as price is free and you have unlocked two there today? I would guess TA effed up, and Prominence Poker is not counted as free to play. Good thing is that you will probably get extra badge for your efforts.
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 16:04Permalink
    Is there a way to remove myself from the event?
  • BigSilentRobBigSilentRob503,796
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 16:35Permalink
    Zalexzy said:
    BigSilentRob said:
    You talking about Prominence Poker, as price is free and you have unlocked two there today? I would guess TA effed up, and Prominence Poker is not counted as free to play. Good thing is that you will probably get extra badge for your efforts.
    Yep, Prominence Poker was the game in question. Guess I'll have to unlock 2 achievements in a different game.
  • l BlackBrian7 ll BlackBrian7 l1,061,305
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 16:41, Edited on 03 December 19 at 16:41 by l BlackBrian7 lPermalink
    Anyone know if Hitman 2 - episode 1 would count for todays challenge? It is free but the rest of the game isn't. Don't really want to start it if it doesn't count.
  • XpovosXpovos579,963
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 16:47Permalink
    Based on descriptions I've read, it should count if that description is accurate but it currently wouldn't because it's not on the list. I'll mention it for review for inclusion on the list.
    Time not important; only life important.
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,237,599
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 16:49Permalink
    BigSilentRob said:
    Zalexzy said:
    BigSilentRob said:
    Yep, Prominence Poker was the game in question. Guess I'll have to unlock 2 achievements in a different game.
    Or make it known to people with power, in one of 12Days thread someone sorted Korgan out, as it was not counting, but counts now.
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • Ginn0rzGinn0rz220,071
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 17:33, Edited on 03 December 19 at 17:35 by Ginn0rzPermalink
    Just read the PM from TA. Good call.
  • FlabyoFlabyo255,730
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 17:40Permalink
    Ginn0rz said:
    Just read the PM from TA. Good call.
    Agreed. Fair solution for all.
  • CzTwisterCzTwister118,528
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 17:40Permalink
    Hi guys,
    this is my first challenge so i'm not sure if it's my fault or not.
    But after signing for the challenge I completed 3 achievements marked as 'Time Consuming' and 'Collectable' but nothing happened. From what I read in FAQ it sound count just after new scan that register new achievements...
    Should I do something more or just wait?
    Thanks
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 17:48Permalink
    CzTwister said:
    Hi guys,
    this is my first challenge so i'm not sure if it's my fault or not.
    But after signing for the challenge I completed 3 achievements marked as 'Time Consuming' and 'Collectable' but nothing happened. From what I read in FAQ it sound count just after new scan that register new achievements...
    Should I do something more or just wait?
    Thanks
    You can force a scan, or you can wait.
  • GrawlNLGrawlNL164,408
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 17:48Permalink
    There's something wrong with the achievement it offers. For collectables I got these in my list of valid achievements, but they obviously don't fall in that category. Guess I'll have to wait till they fix it, because I'm not going to sort through all achievements until I found one that works.

Doodle God Blitz (Win 8)Creator of LifeGrawlNLThe Creator of Life achievement in Doodle God Blitz (Win 8) worth 5 pointsLife created

Virtua Fighter 2Stage 1 CompleteGrawlNLThe Stage 1 Complete achievement in Virtua Fighter 2 worth 20 pointsComplete Stage 1 of Arcade Mode (any difficulty)
  • FlabyoFlabyo255,730
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 17:53Permalink
    Filters seem to be broken across the board, I've posted on the bug reports forum.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.