Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

The TrueAchievements Twelve Days of Christmas Challenge Returns for 2019

• burtondude33burtondude33335,258
    Posted on 30 November 19 at 23:05Permalink
    Great news! I hope we get more community challenges, they are always a good time.
  • vSullyvSully780,204
    Posted on 01 December 19 at 01:38Permalink
    I'm going to wait until day 12 and then formulate a plan to take the path of least resistance through the fewest games that I can start and complete for the challenge.

It would be a cool bonus to see who could use the fewest total games and/or achievements for completing the challenge.
  • Fresh336669Fresh336669491,299
    Posted on 01 December 19 at 01:40Permalink
    planting42 said:
    Fresh336669 said:
    I don’t even know how to see our badges anymore since the new update... 😭😭
    They haven't moved. What do you use to browse the site?
    I just use safari on the iPhone to view the site. It doesn’t show me any badges on it anymore or any of the info that it used to.
  • planting42planting421,349,934
    Posted on 01 December 19 at 01:59Permalink
    Fresh336669 said:
    planting42 said:
    Fresh336669 said:
    I just use safari on the iPhone to view the site. It doesn’t show me any badges on it anymore or any of the info that it used to.
    You may need to use Desktop mode to see the entire site if you use a mobile device.
  • ElyohElyoh740,649
    Posted on 01 December 19 at 06:14Permalink
    Here I was waiting for day 1's challenge, not realizing it started on the second. Well I guess I'll be able to figure it what I'm going to do while at work then!
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 01 December 19 at 11:01Permalink
    ^ yeah that threw me as well.
  • Posted on 01 December 19 at 14:14Permalink
    Fresh336669 said:
    planting42 said:
    Fresh336669 said:
    I can see the badges but I have to turn my phone sideways. May work for you?
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • Fresh336669Fresh336669491,299
    Posted on 01 December 19 at 15:29Permalink
    IRISH PATRIOT x said:
    Fresh336669 said:
    planting42 said:
    Fresh336669 said:
    Wow it was just that easy!! Thanks for the pro tip!!!
  • Posted on 01 December 19 at 15:59Permalink
    Fresh336669 said:
    IRISH PATRIOT x said:
    Fresh336669 said:
    planting42 said:
    Fresh336669 said:
    Wow it was just that easy!! Thanks for the pro tip!!!
    toast
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • ljwavesljwaves580,001
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 02:10Permalink
    The1 ManInBlack said:
    TuKraZe said:
    I absolutely love this event, but please can you not do a challenge for playing specific platforms. Last year you had a challenge that required us to play backwards compatible games and I only have xbox one titles on my list, so I couldn't progress.
    Agreed.
    There are free ones even if you do not have games with gold or game pass. Seems like such a strange request to me.
  • Posted on 02 December 19 at 02:39Permalink
    I don't think we are saying to do away with the 360 achievements, maybe just not make it 360/backwards compat specific. Speaking for myself, I was stuck on the backwards compat challenge last year. I'm up for anything else though. Spelling, odd achievements, etc. I realize that there are only a few of us who play current gen only but its just a suggestion.
  • REDWINGS05REDWINGS05461,656
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 04:46Permalink
    The1 ManInBlack said:
    I don't think we are saying to do away with the 360 achievements, maybe just not make it 360/backwards compat specific. Speaking for myself, I was stuck on the backwards compat challenge last year. I'm up for anything else though. Spelling, odd achievements, etc. I realize that there are only a few of us who play current gen only but its just a suggestion.
    Even if you're current gen only, you can download all gwg right from your xbox one... I'm so confused by this problem. If you don't want the downloaded to save space then just delete them. You would still own them as long as you have gold though.
  • TuKraZeTuKraZe903,544
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 07:43Permalink
    ljwaves said:
    The1 ManInBlack said:
    TuKraZe said:
    I absolutely love this event, but please can you not do a challenge for playing specific platforms. Last year you had a challenge that required us to play backwards compatible games and I only have xbox one titles on my list, so I couldn't progress.
    Agreed.
    There are free ones even if you do not have games with gold or game pass. Seems like such a strange request to me.
    Everybody has there own way in which they game bro. I have chosen not to play x360 games on my account and I've met plenty of other people that do the same. It's not that I don't own any, I have plenty in fact, I just choose not to.
    Want a custom Gamerpic or Logo? Hit me up for further details.
  • ljwavesljwaves580,001
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 11:50Permalink
    TuKraZe said:
    ljwaves said:
    The1 ManInBlack said:
    TuKraZe said:
    Agreed.
    Everybody has there own way in which they game bro. I have chosen not to play x360 games on my account and I've met plenty of other people that do the same. It's not that I don't own any, I have plenty in fact, I just choose not to.
    That is fair if that is your reason. I can respect that. Too each their own.
  • REDWINGS05REDWINGS05461,656
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 14:21Permalink
    TuKraZe said:
    ljwaves said:
    The1 ManInBlack said:
    TuKraZe said:
    Agreed.
    That is your choice, doesn't mean that they need to take that into account though when you're in the severe minority that do that. More or less, your choice has consequences, deal with them or change your rule if you want to be able to participate in stuff like this. Complaining about it when it is your choice to do this is mind blowing though, I don't understand that at all.
  • TuKraZeTuKraZe903,544
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 14:37Permalink
    REDWINGS05 said:
    TuKraZe said:
    ljwaves said:
    The1 ManInBlack said:
    TuKraZe said:
    Agreed.
    That is your choice, doesn't mean that they need to take that into account though when you're in the severe minority that do that. More or less, your choice has consequences, deal with them or change your rule if you want to be able to participate in stuff like this. Complaining about it when it is your choice to do this is mind blowing though, I don't understand that at all.
    Firstly, I wasn't complaining about it, so you have completely misunderstood my suggestion as a complaint. Secondly, that challenge was/has been the only challenge to date that has been platform specific. Its no different than requesting a kinect related achievement or xbox one related achievement if you still only on the 360 (very unlikely, but still possible). Are you saying that these people should perhaps go buy a kinect/compatible console or upgrade to the xbox one in general if they just so happen to release a challenge for it?
  • Posted on 02 December 19 at 16:28Permalink
    TuKraZe said:
    REDWINGS05 said:
    TuKraZe said:
    ljwaves said:
    The1 ManInBlack said:
    TuKraZe said:
    Agreed.
    Firstly, I wasn't complaining about it, so you have completely misunderstood my suggestion as a complaint. Secondly, that challenge was/has been the only challenge to date that has been platform specific. Its no different than requesting a kinect related achievement or xbox one related achievement if you still only on the 360 (very unlikely, but still possible). Are you saying that these people should perhaps go buy a kinect/compatible console or upgrade to the xbox one in general if they just so happen to release a challenge for it?
    If participation in the challenge matters enough to them, then yes. Yes, they should smile

No disrespect intended, as your request is a lot more reasonable and polite than a lot of the stuff I see in these forums, but if I signed up for a marathon and asked if the organisers could ensure that I wouldn't have to do any hills, or no running on roads, or that I could have a motorised scooter following me to give me a hand whenever I got a little tired, I would expect them to simply laugh in my face. It's the sheer sense of entitlement that makes me lol at this post laugh
  • TuKraZeTuKraZe903,544
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 17:35Permalink
    SabenRothschild said:
    TuKraZe said:
    REDWINGS05 said:
    TuKraZe said:
    ljwaves said:
    The1 ManInBlack said:
    TuKraZe said:
    Agreed.
    If participation in the challenge matters enough to them, then yes. Yes, they should smile

No disrespect intended, as your request is a lot more reasonable and polite than a lot of the stuff I see in these forums, but if I signed up for a marathon and asked if the organisers could ensure that I wouldn't have to do any hills, or no running on roads, or that I could have a motorised scooter following me to give me a hand whenever I got a little tired, I would expect them to simply laugh in my face. It's the sheer sense of entitlement that makes me lol at this post laugh
    Look, I'm not here to argue about what should or shouldn't be added to the event because quite frankly, it's exhausting. I certainly do not believe that challenges should be made easier; that is definitely not what I am suggesting. I am always up for the challenge and always aim to complete games with higher TA scores, so that is definitely not my request. Its not a complaint. I get that it is my choice to play Xbox one only titles. I get why they would have added it last year. BC games are a big part of the consoles expanding library of games. I just wish they didn't make them platform specific.
  • Posted on 02 December 19 at 20:25Permalink
    TuKraZe said:
    SabenRothschild said:
    TuKraZe said:
    REDWINGS05 said:
    TuKraZe said:
    ljwaves said:
    The1 ManInBlack said:
    TuKraZe said:
    Agreed.

Look, I'm not here to argue about what should or shouldn't be added to the event because quite frankly, it's exhausting. I certainly do not believe that challenges should be made easier; that is definitely not what I am suggesting. I am always up for the challenge and always aim to complete games with higher TA scores, so that is definitely not my request. Its not a complaint. I get that it is my choice to play Xbox one only titles. I get why they would have added it last year. BC games are a big part of the consoles expanding library of games. I just wish they didn't make them platform specific.
    Okay, I can respect that - apologies for my vehemence toast
    I wasn't planning on jumping into the forums on any of this, but I guess the requirements changing for the first challenge have irked me more than I realised.
  • RockerBrazilRockerBrazil359,056
    Posted on 05 December 19 at 23:15Permalink
    👍👍👍
    I s2 Games Girls and Rock 'n' Roll.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.