TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion - Spoiler Free

• Mr RodsterMr Rodster1,440,440
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 20:34Permalink
    Still trying to decide which version to buy. Sigh.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4492,453
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 04:21Permalink
    Mr Rodster said:
    Still trying to decide which version to buy. Sigh.
    I've been debating the same myself. I'll probably wait for it to get a little cheaper though. Have they 100% confirmed that there will be no story DLC? If so I'll probably just get the standard when it goes on sale later this month I assume.
  • BigTymer2047BigTymer2047592,304
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 10:47Permalink
    Definitely going to be needing to get back to this. That 100% is one hell of a grind!
  • pezboybenpezboyben590,070
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 11:49Permalink
    I just wasn't excited for this game as seemingly everyone else in the world was. I played the first one for a bit but then ended up having more fun shooting hawks out of the sky than playing the actual story and I never got around to finishing it. I have a feeling the same thing would happen with this one.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,338,610
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 12:08Permalink
    I hate the fishing in this.

Makes my arms hurt. Think I’m doing it wrong.
  • Ginn0rzGinn0rz220,071
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 12:11, Edited on 03 December 19 at 12:12 by Ginn0rzPermalink
    The story mode is very slow to start. This was quite jarring for me, but I gradually warmed to it (despite the desperate, wintry weather the caravan are suffering!). The gentle pacing felt deliberate, allowing time to build the relationships between the characters and generate empathy for them given the harsh conditions they are living in. It's really well done.

I have not yet played much of the RDR2 main story beyond Chapter 2, opting to dive straight into Online. This is an unusual choice for me but I was really curious to find out what Rockstar had done to build on the GTAV online experience. Quite simply I think it's a masterpiece. I'm really looking forward to playing more of it.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,338,610
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 12:33Permalink
    Ginn0rz said:
    The story mode is very slow to start. This was quite jarring for me, but I gradually warmed to it (despite the desperate, wintry weather the caravan are suffering!). The gentle pacing felt deliberate, allowing time to build the relationships between the characters and generate empathy for them given the harsh conditions they are living in. It's really well done.

I have not yet played much of the RDR2 main story beyond Chapter 2, opting to dive straight into Online. This is an unusual choice for me but I was really curious to find out what Rockstar had done to build on the GTAV online experience. Quite simply I think it's a masterpiece. I'm really looking forward to playing more of it.
    I enjoyed the slow story. Was one of my favourite things about the design of the game.
  • CrazeeCoyoteCrazeeCoyote416,267
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 17:37Permalink
    I too found the story to be a slow start after enjoying the first RDR.
    Having stopped playing, I need to get back into this & pick up where I left off.
  • Kaz AdamaKaz Adama741,149
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 18:50Permalink
    Someday I'll play this. Someday when I have a 4k HDR tv. Had a blast with RDR so I'm sure I'll enjoy this too.
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf595,231
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 21:53Permalink
    I've still barely played the first one, but will likely get to this some day. I'm always years behind... roll
  • Posted on 04 December 19 at 07:55Permalink
    Syze Tricky said:
    Johnny Sinister said:
    I never played the first one. Is it required storywise? I think it is still on sale.
    It's not required, since RDR2 is a prequel, but there are some references to the first RDR. But it's still a very good game, so if you have the time and money to spend, I would highly recommend playing it.
    Good to know. The original was one of those games that never quite made it to the top of my list and, to be honest, I think that's where the sequel will sit for some time yet, but it's definitely good to know that not playing the first doesn't mean I miss too much. I think it maybe ranks at the top of my if-it-ever-comes-to-gamepass list, however unlikely that is.
  • KalujoKalujo349,580
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 09:17Permalink
    Not quite ready to play this so I'll opt out this month. So glad Playlist is going to continue though.
  • OverIoadOverIoad654,392
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 20:05Permalink
    Still need to actually play the first one. Tried starting it twice now but always stop after a few missions. I really don't get what is supposed to be so good about these games.
  • Sam PardonSam Pardon376,232
    Posted on 05 December 19 at 10:35Permalink
    Good luck on everyone starting this game willing to complete it. Prepare for a long grind.
  • SeitzzSeitzz699,274
    Posted on 05 December 19 at 18:53, Edited on 05 December 19 at 18:54 by SeitzzPermalink
    Sam Pardon said:
    Good luck on everyone starting this game willing to complete it. Prepare for a long grind.
    To piggy back on the grind section of that. Anytime you see an animal, always pull out your binoculars and study them. If you're going for Zoologist this will help out a lot. Also skin the animals for Skin Deep as well. Not all are needed but most are for both, though I think the list is shorter for Skin Deep. Keeping in the spoiler free spirit, there is a point in the game, I believe Chapter 5 only, where the animals in that part are not needed for either achievement.
  • Doh Re EgonDoh Re Egon317,018
    Posted on 06 December 19 at 03:15Permalink
    I loved the first one & this one looks even better but I think I'lll wait for a price drop & finished product. When all the updates & patches are out then I'll give'em my money.
    Hope TA doesn't stop putting great ganes in the spotlight every month. They don't have to call it TA Playlist but the concept is sound.
    Doh Re Egon
  • DeliriousDrewDeliriousDrew1,007,685
    Posted on 06 December 19 at 08:39Permalink
    GOTY?
    ???
  • Posted on 06 December 19 at 08:54Permalink
    I still haven't even touched the first RDR. Not because I might not be into it, I've only heard good things about both games. What managed to scare me off is the amount of Multiplayer. I'm a completionist as much as possible, but I've always had a thing with Singleplayer.

That said, Rockstar's primary focus on Online is something that really concerns me. Can someone who has played both games tell me how massive the Singleplayer in RDR2 is (compared to the first one, and spoiler-free of course^^)?
  • Posted on 07 December 19 at 15:48Permalink
    ^^ Couldn't have said it better myself. Online achievements are the ultimate turn off
    https://www.facebook.com/DopeGamingx1
  • Posted yesterday at 01:33Permalink
    Might actually play this one over the break! Got it for my birthday last year but never got around to playing it due to the huge timesink that it iscry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.