Community News

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

12 Days Of Christmas 2019 Challenge 1

  • rekikirerekikire1,166,907
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 00:39Permalink
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    So, the people who complained that whiners and crybabies caused the initial change,...have caused another change themselves. Are they going to start calling themselves names now?

    Anyway, glad to see Rich and TA handle this with such class.
    No because we were asking for them to fix something that they broke by rushing through a solution rather than planning things properly.

    Anyway, thanks for the solution, wish that it had never been required in the first place.
  • Posted on 04 December 19 at 00:45Permalink
    rekikire said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    So, the people who complained that whiners and crybabies caused the initial change,...have caused another change themselves. Are they going to start calling themselves names now?

    Anyway, glad to see Rich and TA handle this with such class.
    No because we were asking for them to fix something that they broke by rushing through a solution rather than planning things properly.

    Anyway, thanks for the solution, wish that it had never been required in the first place.
    There were two types. Quite a few people calmly came up with some outstanding solutions. But quite a few also just called other people names and complained. Kudos to those who offered such great solutions.
    Hola
  • GodLike499GodLike499315,015
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 00:59Permalink
    facepalm SMH
  • Doh Re EgonDoh Re Egon322,052
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 01:04Permalink
    Please be aware that using Backwards Compatibility may result in a disconnection from the Xbox 360 service even if still connected to Xbox LIVE.

    This just happened to me right before a time consuming achievement popped - 24h for Zuma. There was nothing I could do. Now I have to work on another one. Urgh.
    Doh Re Egon
  • Posted on 04 December 19 at 01:06Permalink
    Doh Re Egon said:
    Please be aware that using Backwards Compatibility may result in a disconnection from the Xbox 360 service even if still connected to Xbox LIVE.

    This just happened to me right before a time consuming achievement popped - 24h for Zuma. There was nothing I could do. Now I have to work on another one. Urgh.
    Oh...ouch! At least it doesn't have to be done day 1 anymore!
    Hola
  • planting42planting421,392,951
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 02:25Permalink
    For those considering flagging achievements as Time Consuming - the requirements TA set for it are a bit more than simply, it takes X hours to unlock this. If its a stepped achievement (as in, you unlock others en route to that one) they only count the time between the last unlocked achievement and the potentially Time Consuming one. If some folks are suggesting flags that are not being applied, that may be the case.
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***


    For those suggesting the Collectible flag, please see the definition as again, many that you may believe apply do not fit their criteria. Bold is mine as it applies to several suggestions.
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Runner eGirlRunner eGirl443,962
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 03:05Permalink
    planting42 said:
    For those considering flagging achievements as Time Consuming - the requirements TA set for it are a bit more than simply, it takes X hours to unlock this. If its a stepped achievement (as in, you unlock others en route to that one) they only count the time between the last unlocked achievement and the potentially Time Consuming one. If some folks are suggesting flags that are not being applied, that may be the case.
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***


    For those suggesting the Collectible flag, please see the definition as again, many that you may believe apply do not fit their criteria. Bold is mine as it applies to several suggestions.
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    How do we know if a flag is not applied because it was rejected or because it's still pending review? Are there any comments posted to the flag submissions thread?
    embrace your inner freak
  • Posted on 04 December 19 at 03:10, Edited on 04 December 19 at 03:10 by Shadow KisuragiPermalink
    Yes, we always respond to the Flag Submissions to either reject or approve.

    One of our managers is currently away due to medical, and we've got another 40+ submissions to sift through, so it may take us a couple days to get through the current submissions. The requirements for TC aren't straightforward and require research to verify.
  • Runner eGirlRunner eGirl443,962
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 03:32Permalink
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Yes, we always respond to the Flag Submissions to either reject or approve.

    One of our managers is currently away due to medical, and we've got another 40+ submissions to sift through, so it may take us a couple days to get through the current submissions. The requirements for TC aren't straightforward and require research to verify.
    Oh, that's OK, I don't mind waiting, I know it's a lot of work. Just knowing that we'll get an approved or rejected response is enough :)
    embrace your inner freak
  • FalensaranoFalensarano755,993
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 08:47Permalink
    Runner eGirl said:
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Yes, we always respond to the Flag Submissions to either reject or approve.

    One of our managers is currently away due to medical, and we've got another 40+ submissions to sift through, so it may take us a couple days to get through the current submissions. The requirements for TC aren't straightforward and require research to verify.
    Oh, that's OK, I don't mind waiting, I know it's a lot of work. Just knowing that we'll get an approved or rejected response is enough :)
    I often struggle with finding the forums for flag submissions to check before submitting if my idea hasn’t been rejected. Is there a quick way to find these from a game page? Ive been using google search up to now laugh
  • Posted on 04 December 19 at 12:31Permalink
    Falensarano said:
    Runner eGirl said:
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Yes, we always respond to the Flag Submissions to either reject or approve.

    One of our managers is currently away due to medical, and we've got another 40+ submissions to sift through, so it may take us a couple days to get through the current submissions. The requirements for TC aren't straightforward and require research to verify.
    Oh, that's OK, I don't mind waiting, I know it's a lot of work. Just knowing that we'll get an approved or rejected response is enough :)
    I often struggle with finding the forums for flag submissions to check before submitting if my idea hasn’t been rejected. Is there a quick way to find these from a game page? Ive been using google search up to now laugh
    Game Info Submission Forum

    Select the game you need in the drop-down and the public thread is shown there.
  • FalensaranoFalensarano755,993
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 22:13Permalink
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Falensarano said:
    Runner eGirl said:
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Yes, we always respond to the Flag Submissions to either reject or approve.

    One of our managers is currently away due to medical, and we've got another 40+ submissions to sift through, so it may take us a couple days to get through the current submissions. The requirements for TC aren't straightforward and require research to verify.
    Oh, that's OK, I don't mind waiting, I know it's a lot of work. Just knowing that we'll get an approved or rejected response is enough :)
    I often struggle with finding the forums for flag submissions to check before submitting if my idea hasn’t been rejected. Is there a quick way to find these from a game page? Ive been using google search up to now laugh
    Game Info Submission Forum

    Select the game you need in the drop-down and the public thread is shown there.
    Thanks that’s great!
  • JeroenRosJeroenRos575,801
    Posted on 05 January 20 at 18:01Permalink
    Any news on when the bonus badge for the time consuming-achievement will appear on our profiles?
    Jeroen Ros
  • Posted on 05 January 20 at 20:22Permalink
    JeroenRos said:
    Any news on when the bonus badge for the time consuming-achievement will appear on our profiles?
    Was wondering the same thing. Especially because some people may have went out of their way to unlock a time consuming achievement thinking they’d get an extra increase to the badge.
  • WildWhiteNoiseWildWhiteNoise1,006,658
    Posted on 05 January 20 at 20:28Permalink
    They said they have to write a new code for it so expect it sometime next week.
  • FalensaranoFalensarano755,993
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 08:37Permalink
    Also looking forward to the summary news piece on community challenges once this is done.
  • Posted on 06 January 20 at 23:03Permalink
    WildWhiteNoise said:
    They said they have to write a new code for it so expect it sometime next week.
    Sweet! The less Community Challenges I have to complete to get the gold badge the better.
  • Posted on 08 January 20 at 22:04Permalink
    Bonus Badges are up.
    Hola
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.