Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Negative feedback because of negative feedback

• Panoramixx85Panoramixx85253,727
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 23:00Permalink
    I'm tired of players giving negative feedback just because you gave negative feedback (maybe after a "no show"), and above all I'm tired about players giving positive feedback to theese "characters", or not giving anything at all, because they are scared of the "revenge" of the negative feedback.

In my opinion, if all the players in a session give a bad feedback to a player, this one should be disabled to give any feedback on that session.
    And maybe be banned for one month.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 00:14, Edited on 03 December 19 at 00:16 by Living LegendsPermalink
    Panoramixx85 said:
    I'm tired of players giving negative feedback just because you gave negative feedback (maybe after a "no show"), and above all I'm tired about players giving positive feedback to theese "characters", or not giving anything at all, because they are scared of the "revenge" of the negative feedback.

In my opinion, if all the players in a session give a bad feedback to a player, this one should be disabled to give any feedback on that session.
    Ok, what game can i help you complete? My friends and I will help and then we will just give you bad feedback and get banned for maybe a month? I mean who is going to believe you vs three of my friends and I. Obviously you would be a liar and acting all "butthurt"
    This message was paid for by China
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 06:10Permalink
    Living Legends said:
    Panoramixx85 said:

Ok, what game can i help you complete? My friends and I will help and then we will just give you bad feedback and get banned for maybe a month? I mean who is going to believe you vs three of my friends and I. Obviously you would be a liar and acting all "butthurt"
    Maybe i didn't explain well my idea. The idea is: if ALL the players of a session give you a bad feedback (the classic example is a "no show") than you shouldn't be able to vote in that session and maybe banned for one month.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 06:50Permalink
    Looks like you did not understand my response, if my friends and I just say you were a no show, making you not able to vote and banned. See how easy it is to manipulate your system. What's worse is that why should we believe one voice versus the rest of the group.
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 15:19Permalink
    Living Legends said:
    Looks like you did not understand my response, if my friends and I just say you were a no show, making you not able to vote and banned. See how easy it is to manipulate your system. What's worse is that why should we believe one voice versus the rest of the group.
    We could set up this upgrade from, I suggest, 4+ player session. In my opinion it is quite difficult that 3+ players will agree to assign a bad vote for no reasons... I think it's much easier that you face with the bad feedback from a no-show.
    However any suggestion about this matter is welcome.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 18:08Permalink
    Panoramixx85 said:
    I think it's much easier that you face with the bad feedback from a no-show.
    However any suggestion about this matter is welcome.
    I think taking your own words into consideration would make this thread now pointless.

We are not all lucky to be able to make each session or appointment but to offer some form of punishment of loss of site privileges for something that didn't even occur on the site to begin with is in my opinion
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 18:42, Edited on 03 December 19 at 19:26 by Panoramixx85Permalink
    Living Legends said:

We are not all lucky to be able to make each session or appointment
    We are almost on 2020 and 99.9% of us have a smartphone. It's not so difficult sending a message via xbox app or in the site to inform that you are late or not available.
    If the reason of yous absence is "overstepping", well, I don't understand why I can't give you bad feedback without worrying about receiving a bad one too, despite all my effort to contact you and make the session possible for the other players.

EDIT: anyway, I'm talking in general, for whatever reason you (and all the team) could have to give a negative feedback to a bad player.
  • Posted on 04 December 19 at 00:08Permalink
    Revenge feedback is quite rare to my knowledge, and it also sticks out fairly obviously. It won't affect your score much and anyone who cares, should be able to surmise what is and isn't revenge feedback from looking into it. I personally don't think it's a big issue
    I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
  • Posted on 04 December 19 at 01:40Permalink
    This Post!

This is my current problem right now.
    Most of the people I've recently boosted with have been wonderful to play a game with. Just those few, eh. Not so much.
    I've gave up on hosting sessions now because so many people just no show and I've been blackmailed for feedback twice now. I've only recently came back to the boosting side of TA and already loath the thought of boosting, let alone hosting again.

I've gave people negative/neutral feedback for being a genuine problem or disruptive for a session and received revenge feedback.

Today. Even found a guy who's a common problem on the site who's now hosting "sessions" with his second account that he's signed up to TA.
    Now how is there any justice in a system when anyone who uses it lawfully are the ones who ultimately get punished for using it?
    It's cheating in its own way.

- I wish there was some form of investigations procedure that can simply ask the host of the session "did they turn up?" For a No Show or even a new category of Feedback system that accounts for No Shows. You can separate the disruptive players from the Ines who just don't turn up.

- The entire group for Negative feedback comments reporting an issue with the player.

- Continuous No shows or disruptive players to have their boosting privileges removed for a short time. Increasing as the offences reoccur. We'll all no show to a session one time or another for a legitimate reason or a stupid one (guilty myself there) but often clearing things up with the players and host will result in a neutral or just no feedback most of the time. People are understanding.

It's difficult and beyond frustrating because these are problems caused by the site but occur off site and are near enough improbable to correctly sanction anyone 100% of the time
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 08:49, Edited on 04 December 19 at 10:56 by Panoramixx85Permalink
    @A Big Radroach: finally someone understand my point of view. I think you don't care until you face with the problem.
    @ FFX Brotherhood: the fact that this is rare doesn't mean that these players can ruin my feedback history.

This was my weekend:
    - Sunday, 9am, hordes on gears 4. A guy/girl didn't show up. Why? "overslept"!. No message at all and no excuse from him/her when wake up. I gave negative feedback and I got the same. Reason? "overslept"... No, YOU overslept, not me! I had to find another random player and manage the issue caused by you!
    - Sunday, 3pm, hordes on gears 4. In the middle of the first run (out of 2) a guy left the party and the game because the engineer didn't build a barrier in a certain place (...) and because there was a sentinel shooting to the wall... the engineer was "so bad" that we finished both the first and the second run! Of course, I had to find another random. And the "rebel" guy didn't have the microphone, so I had to chat with him while speaking with the other players to clarify the situation. Final result? Negative feedback for him and also for me, of course.
    - Saturday, 3pm, hordes on gears 4. A guy was late because he was playing the campaign (while being online...). I wrote him several times, he joined after almost 15 minutes and... he left after the first run! Without any explanation! I gave negative feedback and I'm waiting for my third unfair negative feedback of the weekend.

I would like to highlight that all the players were irritated by these behaviors, but so far nobody else gave negative feedback. Why? Most of them because they are scared about the revenge. And because in the end the sessions went good thanks to MY efforts.
    This is not fair. It's not easy organizing the sessions, while it's much easier clicking on "join the session" and find everything already prepared by someone else.
    Thankfully I don't need more hordes and for the future I will avoid this kind of multiplayer games, unless I have some friend to play with.
  • Posted on 04 December 19 at 20:56Permalink
    Best solution is just not to give negative feedback.
  • Posted on 05 December 19 at 01:47Permalink
    Well, it just happens that you just found the worst of the worst.

I have faces the problem countless times and I don't approve of your idea
    Posted on 05 December 19 at 08:10Permalink
    Living Legends said:
    [...]
    I have faces the problem countless times and I don't approve of your idea
    Do you have better ideas? Or everything is ok for you and the best solution is the one suggested by

A Dreadful Shot said:
    Best solution is just not to give negative feedback.
  • Posted on 05 December 19 at 18:40Permalink
    Your opinion of the best solution is also not good. My solution is to not do nothing and leave it as it is had been. It is your decision what you decide to do on the basis of feedback but as a site rule i also disagree with it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.