The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: December 3rd, 2019

• Posted on 03 December 19 at 12:41Permalink
    tjw CENA2000 said:
    rad fad said:
    I'll never understand why they constantly put past GWG titles on sale, if people don't grab it when it's free what makes them think they're gonna spend money on it?
    For those who didn't have gold, didn't have a xbox at the time, or for those that had no interest in it at the time.
    You also don’t own the license to an Xbox One game you get through games with gold. If you decide to cancel your gold membership you lose access to all of those games (unlike the 360 where all gold games you actually own). This provides people the option who maybe don’t want to own gold anymore but want to keep the game.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 12:53Permalink
    I'm playing A Plague Tale these days. It is EXCELLENT.
    TheIcemanCometh - Mass Effect fan. Dad. Geek. 50+ gamer.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 13:03, Edited on 03 December 19 at 13:04 by IRISH PATRIOT xPermalink
    GoyetteQC said:
    2.49$ for Shiness is really cheap, really enjoyed this game somehow.
    I second this. I think I paid around $10 and don't regret it at all. Don't be scared by the TA score, it's actually pretty easy to complete. It's time consuming but it's pretty fun.

Think I'll pick up WRC 7 and The Council.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • Pare ESPPare ESP1,183,215
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 13:17Permalink
    rad fad said:
    I'll never understand why they constantly put past GWG titles on sale, if people don't grab it when it's free what makes them think they're gonna spend money on it?
    The reason is simple. Not everybody is gold so no everybody can get it for free
  • SeitzzSeitzz699,274
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 16:14Permalink
    Thinking about Infinite Minigolf, but since it seems to go on sale somewhat regularly, I'm just going to mark it and pick it up some other time while I work through other games for the time being.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 16:51Permalink
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Better than usual prices:
    Bound by Flame (1.99, usually 3.99)
    Crysis 1,2, and 3 (4.99, usually 6.59 each)

Virtua Fighter 2 has been 2.49 last couple of sales, but was 1.99 back on Jan 15, 2019

Everything else is usual sale price.
    Any way you could do this for the Xbox One sales?
  • rad fadrad fad280,240
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 16:55Permalink
    Pare ESP said:
    rad fad said:
    The reason is simple. Not everybody is gold so no everybody can get it for free
    Now I may be wrong, but aren't the deals of the week for gold members only?
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan100,226
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 17:35Permalink
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    GT3OptionFan said:
    Better than usual prices:
    Bound by Flame (1.99, usually 3.99)
    Crysis 1,2, and 3 (4.99, usually 6.59 each)

Virtua Fighter 2 has been 2.49 last couple of sales, but was 1.99 back on Jan 15, 2019

Everything else is usual sale price.
    Any way you could do this for the Xbox One sales?
    I can try, but it's alot more complicated to do so, still building up my personal database on the xbox one side, there's a lot more manual data entry/calculations when trying to determine lowest price when taking bundles into account.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn215,568
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 17:59Permalink
    rad fad said:
    I hope you are aware of that Xbox does not have a constant player base.
    People come to age, get enough savings, switch platform, etc.
    There are always new people who might think these sales are attractive.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn215,568
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 18:04Permalink
    V3ntilator said:
    FH 3 Hoonigan Car Pack have never been diuscounted one time since release 2-3 yerars ago.

The only way to get it on sale is to purchase all DLC you already own. :(
    And that is why it's worth it to wait with buying DLC.
    In the end it is always cheaper to buy all of them at once.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator173,090
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 18:14Permalink
    psybOltOn said:
    V3ntilator said:
    FH 3 Hoonigan Car Pack have never been diuscounted one time since release 2-3 yerars ago.

And that is why it's worth it to wait with buying DLC.
    In the end it is always cheaper to buy all of them at once.
    Thats sadly a fact.
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 18:15Permalink
    Naranek said:
    V3ntilator said:

And it was available for free with FM7.

Anyone deciding between the Expansion Pass and the Complete Collection should know that Hoonigan Pack is not included in the Expansion Pass, and has never and may never go on sale. So if you have to pay full price for it, you might as well get a ton of other cars at the same time.
    Yes, but Hoonigan pack in FH 3 have achievements, but not in Forza 7.
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 18:23Permalink
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    Naranek said:
    V3ntilator said:

And it was available for free with FM7.

Anyone deciding between the Expansion Pass and the Complete Collection should know that Hoonigan Pack is not included in the Expansion Pass, and has never and may never go on sale. So if you have to pay full price for it, you might as well get a ton of other cars at the same time.
    Unless you already own the rest of the complete collection which is what makes this a total f'ing joke as early subscribers are continuallypenalised. I say F'em if thats how they want to be theres plenty other more deserving of my hard earnt loot.

I dare say the mentality behind it is it has not sold well and they paid for the license so they are playing hardball on discounting it, unfortunately for T10 and Playground I am very good at playing hardball.
    I didn't even get Lego DLC for free with MS Points.
    I refuse to support any developer that punishes early adopters even for free with MS points.

It happens too often that early adopters gets punished.
    Same for Games Pass. New subbers gets 3 months for nothing, including subs to Spotify etc. Early adopters got no deal at all.

Bungie punished early adopters all the time, and i waited until it calmed down to start it. This is why i waited 2 years until i started playing Destiny 2.
  • SeitzzSeitzz699,274
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 18:45Permalink
    Yeah, definitely going to hold off on Infinite Minigolf for now. Gonna grab it sometime in the future.
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan100,226
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 19:34Permalink
    Top Metacritic scores (70 and above). Please note some game scores are calculated from reviews that are available (even if there are less than 4 reviews, which is the threshold for metacritic to display the score)

87 - Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes*

86 - NHL 20

85- Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax, Dragon Age Inquisition

84 - Jackbox Party Pack 4, Nidhogg 2

83 - A Plague Tale: Innocence

82 - Blazing Chrome (Gamepass), The Council

81 - Super Mega Baseball 2 (GWG)

80 - Trover Saves the Universe, NBA 2K20, Super Mega Baseball Extra Innings (GWG), Party Golf, MageQuit, Gaijin Charenji, Death Squared (GWG), Darkwood

79 - GreedFall, Tropico 6, Madden NFL 20

78 - Ultimate Chicken Horse, The Surge 2, Battlefield V

77 - Peggle 2, Next Up Hero, Infinite Minigolf, Farming Simulator 19, EA Sports UFC 3

76 - WRC 7, Unit 4, Simulacra, Jydge

75 - Seasons After Fall, Not a Hero: Super Snazzy Edition, Mugsters

74 - The Surge (GP), Masters of Anima

73 - World War Z (GP), ADIOS Amigos

72 - Spintires: MudRunner (GP), Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Bombslinger

71 - The Jackbox Party Pack 3, Space Hulk: Tactics, Pawarumi, Knight Squad (GWG)

70 - WRC 5, Vampyr (GP), Demon's Crystals, Blood Bowl 2, The Journey Down: Chapter Three, The Journey Down: Chapter Two
  • IBKJJIBKJJ315,289
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 19:50Permalink
    I was thinking in getting Flatout4 until i saw the unobtainable :S
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou194,557
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 20:32Permalink
    Masters of Anima for me. I miss Pikmin from back in the day looks in the same genre for less than $3 ill risk it LOL
  • Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,072,145
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 22:06Permalink
    They removed The Surge from GP just to sell it for £3.93? Right........
  • NaranekNaranek6,170
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 09:21Permalink
    V3ntilator said:
    Yes, but Hoonigan pack in FH 3 have achievements, but not in Forza 7.
    If you got it with FM7 you also got it for free for FH3.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st437,776
    Posted on 04 December 19 at 12:09Permalink
    FireDrake007 said:
    dakisbac said:
    Tatl360 said:
    It may be a good time to get the Complete add-ons collection for Forza Horizon 3.
    It will be delisted next year.
    Also very likely to go down to a ridiculously low price in August, maybe something like the $5 that the Forza 6 Complete Add-Ons went for
    Yeah I am going to wait a bit longer. I have learned my lesson. I bought a bit too early and missed that price cut.
    This is why I don't buy games even after a year of release, 70% or higher forever.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.