Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Darksiders III Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 06 December 19 at 16:58
    Please use this thread to discuss the Darksiders III walkthrough
  • Rossco7530Rossco75302,198,903
    Posted on 06 December 19 at 23:59
    Hi everyone. I'll be writing this. With the game (hopefully) early in it's Game Pass life, I'll try to get the walkthrough published as quick as I can to give people time to take advantage of it.

No timeframe as yet but I'm working hard on it.
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 10:11
    Quick update. The walkthough is mostly written. I'm in the testing/editing phase as I transfer it onto the site.

The silly season and work have slowed things down a little. I have some time off in Feb so worst-case is it should be submitted around mid-Feb, but hopefully sooner.
  • RcambuiOneRcambuiOne91,085
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 17:11
    Thanks a lot for doing this walkthrough!
    Posted on 07 February 20 at 13:46
    Hi all,
    I have just submitted this for review. toast Please be patient as it's long and will take some time to check. Out of curiosity, I checked and it's a little over 60,000 words. Quite the essay!

This is the sort of game that I could have kept replaying over and over to tweak things (and never actually finish it). I'm happy with it now but will keep up to date with any feedback.

Please post here or send me a PM with any suggestions or problems.
  • SharpEdgeMMASharpEdgeMMA251,296
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 12:15
    Im pretty new to this site so Im not really used to it yet. How long does it usually take to post the walkthrough once its been submitted for review? I would love to use it for when I tackle this game properly.
  • Posted on 05 March 20 at 21:28
    I'm proofreading the walkthrough, but have been busy at work so haven't been able to get it all done in a single go like I have with Rossco's previous ones. This one is also a bit more beefy as well with a lot of detailed content. It should be out soon.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Information
  • TESC0VEETESC0VEE925,210 925,210 GamerScore
    Posted on 17 May 20 at 00:30
    I didn't know where to put this but this guide has been one of the best I have ever used. Mad props Rossco7530, really well done.
    Posted on 17 May 20 at 04:34
    TESC0VEE said:
    I didn't know where to put this but this guide has been one of the best I have ever used. Mad props Rossco7530, really well done.
    Thanks TESC0VEE! I spent a lot of time on it and I appreciate the feedback. Enjoy the game!
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,517,365
    Posted on 29 May 20 at 14:10, Edited on 29 May 20 at 14:10 by Gerbasgamer
    At the very end of page 4 you wrote:
    "You can turn Flame Hollow (or any other Hollow) off by holding cn_RB or select it by holding cn_RB and cn_B. "

It's cn_LB and cn_LB + cn_B.

Otherwise it's pretty good so far.
    Posted on 30 May 20 at 02:44
    Gerbasgamer said:
    At the very end of page 4 you wrote:
    "You can turn Flame Hollow (or any other Hollow) off by holding cn_RB or select it by holding cn_RB and cn_B. "

It's cn_LB and cn_LB + cn_B.

Otherwise it's pretty good so far.
    Oops! I've submitted a change - it should be fixed soon. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • Posted on 30 May 20 at 02:47
    Changes have been pushed through.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Cebola00Cebola00227,748
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 21:44
    Hey guys,

Sorry to bother you, but I have a question.

I played my first playthrough almost entirely without using this walkthrough. So I played it going directly to Apocalyptic. When I reached the final fight, I decided to take a look to collect items that I didn't collect.

Now I'm not sure of what to do. I tried doing the Crucible, but got stuck on wave 35. Should I play The Void DLC, finish it and then finish the game? I'm thinking to do the Crucible in my NG+, in the story difficulty, since I'll have already gotten the Apocalyptic achievement. Will I lose something?

Thanks!
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 01:02, Edited on 27 August 20 at 01:04 by Rossco7530
    Cebola00 said:
    Hey guys,

I played my first playthrough almost entirely without using this walkthrough. So I played it going directly to Apocalyptic. When I reached the final fight, I decided to take a look to collect items that I didn't collect.

Now I'm not sure of what to do. I tried doing the Crucible, but got stuck on wave 35. Should I play The Void DLC, finish it and then finish the game? I'm thinking to do the Crucible in my NG+, in the story difficulty, since I'll have already gotten the Apocalyptic achievement. Will I lose something?

Thanks!
    So you've got Death Incarnate (and presumably all the lesser difficulty achievements) and you're at the final battle?

You should be able to drop the difficulty down (still on your first playthrough) and complete both DLC, then repeat the final battle and play through NG+ (on whatever difficulty you want).

Alternatively you can just go right into NG+ on Story, but you'll have to get most of the way through the campaign before you can access all the DLC content (collected all Hollows, at least).

PS: No, you lose your Hollow power/weapons when you start NG+ but everything else remains.
  • Cebola00Cebola00227,748
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 14:35
    Rossco7530 said:
    Cebola00 said:
    Hey guys,

Thanks!
    So you've got Death Incarnate (and presumably all the lesser difficulty achievements) and you're at the final battle?

You should be able to drop the difficulty down (still on your first playthrough) and complete both DLC, then repeat the final battle and play through NG+ (on whatever difficulty you want).

Alternatively you can just go right into NG+ on Story, but you'll have to get most of the way through the campaign before you can access all the DLC content (collected all Hollows, at least).

PS: No, you lose your Hollow power/weapons when you start NG+ but everything else remains.
    Thanks for the tips! After reading your answer, I finished the main story (fought the final boss) and now I'm having an easier time with the Crucible on Story difficulty. I got to wave 65 once on Apocalyptic, but losing there was too frustrating.

Also, thanks for this awesome walkthrough, helped me a lot getting items that I missed.
  • DynamiteJonezDynamiteJonez2,578,914
    Posted on 14 August 21 at 10:45
    I wanted to know if anything had an issue with the DLC achievements not unlocking. For the Keeper DLC I've defeated all of the bosses and received the armor yet nothing has unlocked... Will I have to return to this on another playthrough?
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,656,589
    Posted on 14 August 21 at 12:47
    DynamiteJonez said:
    I wanted to know if anything had an issue with the DLC achievements not unlocking. For the Keeper DLC I've defeated all of the bosses and received the armor yet nothing has unlocked... Will I have to return to this on another playthrough?
    I think that might come down to there being issues with achievements unlocking rn.
    Posted on 14 August 21 at 23:54
    I've received a PM about this, with another story-related achievement not unlocking for someone. As Dang3R said, it's almost certainly to do with the current Xbox issues and not the game.

As for what happens, I'm not sure. Unfortunately it seems unlikely, based on some comments I've read, that achievements will retroactively unlock once the problem gets sorted out.

I assume that meeting the achievement requirements in NG+ (as opposed to first playthrough) will unlock the achievements but it's not something I tested.

If you're following the recommendation in the walkthrough, you'll have to try Keepers again on Apocalyptic. Alternatively, you could complete the base game on Apocalyptic in NG+, then change the difficulty back to Easy and start NG++ where you can speed through to Keepers. (This is mentioned in the very last paragraph on the very last page)

Good luck - it sucks that there are no manual saves in the game...
  • MGaskellMGaskell822,119
    Posted on 29 October 22 at 10:53
    How does this work if im just going for the 1000G? Seems like you’d at least have to do the ng+ but I’d prefer not to. Any help is appreciated.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads