Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Sudoku (Win 10) Achievement List Revealed

• JudgeJudge476,798
    Posted on 15 December 19 at 15:11Permalink
    Seitzz said:
    EvilTrovis said:
    One thing I noticed was, when I downloaded Microsoft Sudoku (the "Win 8" version) a couple of days ago thinking it was this new version, it added a "Microsoft Sudoku" worth 1000GS on my profile. It's sitting at 0/1000G, meaning the Win 8 version is not unlocking achievements for it, but I find it interesting that they at least seemed to do something to tie this new 1000G version in with the Win 8 game. Possibly a sign that a Windows 10 release is on the way? Has this type of thing happened with other games?
    That could yet still be the mobile version. Who knows, it could even eventually be a mobile/Win 10 version like UWP for solitaire.
    Yes I believe this is the case. It is available for iOS and Android soft launch right now, and will also update the Win8 version to this Win10 version like Solitaire did
  • SeitzzSeitzz888,097
    Posted on 15 December 19 at 16:45Permalink
    Judge said:
    Seitzz said:
    EvilTrovis said:
    One thing I noticed was, when I downloaded Microsoft Sudoku (the "Win 8" version) a couple of days ago thinking it was this new version, it added a "Microsoft Sudoku" worth 1000GS on my profile. It's sitting at 0/1000G, meaning the Win 8 version is not unlocking achievements for it, but I find it interesting that they at least seemed to do something to tie this new 1000G version in with the Win 8 game. Possibly a sign that a Windows 10 release is on the way? Has this type of thing happened with other games?
    That could yet still be the mobile version. Who knows, it could even eventually be a mobile/Win 10 version like UWP for solitaire.
    Yes I believe this is the case. It is available for iOS and Android soft launch right now, and will also update the Win8 version to this Win10 version like Solitaire did
    I hope that's the case then, because I'd much rather play this on Win 10 rather than on iOS. It would be much easier.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42612,525
    Posted on 15 December 19 at 23:30Permalink
    I created a second Apple ID in the UK, as described in this article. I couldn't find anything about Apple punishing such behavior, but still, do this at your own risk.

With the second ID, I could download the game, then switch back to my usual ID and play it. I couldn't buy Premium though. I got an error saying the original purchaser had to do so. The prices did show up in USD: $1.99 for 1 month, $9.99 for 1 year.

I chose using a second ID since I read that if you want to change your ID's region, you must cancel all subscriptions first. I did not want to chance losing any of my cloud storage. It was still annoying that logging out of my regular ID caused some files to be deleted from my phone (though I was told they are all in the cloud). Microsoft and Sony make it a lot easier to change IDs. Even Macs allow for multiple accounts. I guess it's just iOS that's locked down so much.

The interface and challenges look totally different than the Win 8 version. I'm doubtful any progress is going to ever carry over.
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr1,086,904
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 02:30Permalink
    Challenge badges are a bit bugged by the looks of it. Gold and silver worked fine for me, but I've got 13 bronze medals in the badge list, though it says 11 on xbox.com, and it says I've got 7 on the in-game achievement list. It's all over the place.
    If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
  • Posted on 16 December 19 at 03:47Permalink
    Any way to get this on android if I live in the US?
  • SeitzzSeitzz888,097
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 04:26Permalink
    DropDeadArtemus said:
    Any way to get this on android if I live in the US?
    Wait until it's out, or I believe you can change your region to UK to download it. I think that works for iOS, I don't see why it wouldn't for Android. You just need your appstore to recognize your location as a region that has it.
  • Posted on 16 December 19 at 04:29Permalink
    Yeah. The only issue with changing region on Android is, you get one change per year. I guess I'm waiting.
  • SeitzzSeitzz888,097
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 04:33Permalink
    DropDeadArtemus said:
    Yeah. The only issue with changing region on Android is, you get one change per year. I guess I'm waiting.
    I'm waiting too. iOS makes you put in an address and all this crap and as soon as I saw that I didn't even bother. Is your region change one per device or one per account? Also, couldn't you just get the apk file from someone and then manually install it yourself?
  • Posted on 16 December 19 at 05:08Permalink
    Not sure whether it's device or account. I tried finding the apk online.
  • Posted on 16 December 19 at 05:32Permalink
    I cannot get the new one to work either.
    Killin' grubs is my business and business is good.
  • Posted on 16 December 19 at 06:11Permalink
    KindBunny957018 said:
    I cannot get the new one to work either.
    It's currently only available in UK, Australia, and Canada.
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan674,787
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 06:57Permalink
    Has someone submitted the Difficulty specific flags ?
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer1,280,639
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 08:45, Edited on 16 December 19 at 08:48 by TangerineGamerPermalink
    BlackxRyan said:
    A couple of people have, not sure why they weren't added in the initial flagging of the achievements though, but they have been added now
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 09:54, Edited on 16 December 19 at 09:57 by BlackxRyanPermalink
    TangerineGamer said:
    BlackxRyan said:
    A couple of people have, not sure why they weren't added in the initial flagging of the achievements though, but they have been added now
    Great, thx to everyone. I'll finally be able to do the 11th challenge if there is a way to easily bypass the country restriction or use an other device in one of the supported countries.
  • Posted on 16 December 19 at 19:46, Edited on 16 December 19 at 19:53 by Senior ChuponPermalink
    Is there any way around the country restrictions like a VPN? I've never tried to swap regions on android or iOS

Edit: answering my own question. I use Nord VPN and for play store it as least recognizes the country (asking me to switch to UK play store) but I still need a payment method so not sure how I'd get around that since I don't have CC or paypal in the UK

Edit 2: well paypal was easy, I just used a dummy account and my actual US phone number. I'm downloading it now.
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 19:55Permalink
    Yep, I've also been able to download it and by using a free VPN.
  • Posted on 16 December 19 at 20:06Permalink
    Nice, wasn't too hard. For those who are worried about needing to switch your google play store account just make a 2nd dummy account to download the game, then sign in with your xbox live profile. That way you don't have to change the country on your primary google play account.
  • Posted on 16 December 19 at 22:31Permalink
    Senior Chupon said:
    Is there any way around the country restrictions like a VPN? I've never tried to swap regions on android or iOS

Edit: answering my own question. I use Nord VPN and for play store it as least recognizes the country (asking me to switch to UK play store) but I still need a payment method so not sure how I'd get around that since I don't have CC or paypal in the UK

Edit 2: well paypal was easy, I just used a dummy account and my actual US phone number. I'm downloading it now.
    It won't let me use my US phone number when switching countries on my dummy account.
  • RhinneRhinne929,806
    Posted on 17 December 19 at 02:49Permalink
    Noodles Jr said:
    Challenge badges are a bit bugged by the looks of it. Gold and silver worked fine for me, but I've got 13 bronze medals in the badge list, though it says 11 on xbox.com, and it says I've got 7 on the in-game achievement list. It's all over the place.
    I'm assuming that's from changing the date on the device to gain access to challenges from other months?

Is that confirmed safe to do without screwing things up?
  • Drew5195Drew5195759,824
    Posted on 17 December 19 at 03:28Permalink
    Senior Chupon said:
    Nice, wasn't too hard. For those who are worried about needing to switch your google play store account just make a 2nd dummy account to download the game, then sign in with your xbox live profile. That way you don't have to change the country on your primary google play account.
    That what i did and use VPN aswell. Download tunnel bear VPN. It gives you 500mb free a month.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.