Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Main Menu pitch black

• Ashen SeraphAshen Seraph807,553
    Posted on 14 December 19 at 23:01
    Has anyone experienced the main menu being pitch black? Do you know how to fix it?

I am completely unable to play this game right now. After the "Press Start" screen, all I see is blackness. I can hear noises as I press the direction buttons, but still just blackness. I've tried restarting the game a few times and even did a full Xbox restart, still have issues. I'm able to play any other game I've tried just fine.
    Victim of myself.
    Posted on 15 December 19 at 00:34
    Looks like something messed up my HDR settings. Managed to very near blindly stumble my way onto that settings screen and reset the HDR settings to default.

If this happens to anyone else:

After pressing start, go down 4 times for the Options and Customization menu, right for Settings menu, RB twice to reach Video menu, the HDR settings menu is right at the top and should be highlighted so just hit A, and finally the Y button should revert the settings to default. Hopefully you ended up in the right spot and can see again.
    Victim of myself.
  • Posted on 17 December 19 at 16:53, Edited on 17 December 19 at 17:00 by XSniperNinjaX
    Hi have same issue but cant find the HDR settings

I must be getting old or reading this wrong do mean the xbox menu settings ? or the game it self settings at main menu ? if yes it dam hard to read a single text LAUGH I spent 30 mins trying to work it out.
    Posted on 17 December 19 at 16:59
    Did you try to follow my last paragraph word for word right after the "Press start" screen?
    Victim of myself.
  • Posted on 12 March 20 at 20:56
    I know this was posted a few months back, and you'll not see this. But I just had the same issue happen to me and I never thought to check the video settings.... Thank you very much, the step by step guide you posted saved my sanity!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.