Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Headlander and Tecmo Bowl Throwback Leaving Xbox Game Pass Soon – Updated

• kintariskintaris322,245
  • FourthLionFourthLion621,294
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:04
    Weird that a Double Fine game is leaving after they were acquired, but if I remember correctly this was published as an ADULT SWIM game? Not sure I'll get time to finish it this month but I'll see what I can get through.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,581,265
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:05
    Well that answers my question of if I really wanted to play Tecmo Bowl Throwback before it left, I have no choice now, haha.

I definitely wanted to play Headlander though.

Hmm, actually I just loaded up Tecmo Bowl Throwback to check, since I downloaded it just in case, and it's still letting me play it. I'm in the US is that matters, maybe it'll leave at around noon my time?
  • DavidDavid365,756
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:05
    Headlander - Easy completion but I just couldn't find the hours needed to play it and I believe I'll just let this one slip by.
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw797,926
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:09
    ...I checked this morning and there's about 27 games available on Game Pass...where'd Mortal Kombat go?
    There is always a way.
  • Vr EnglishVr English756,703
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:11
    Literally didn't know Headlander was in Gamepass, I like Metroidvanias so would have given it a shot; as it is, don't need the stress of starting it now and hurrying to finish it.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,330,153
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:17
    Loved Headlander! Fantastic lil hidden gem! Highly recommended, if you like that sort of thing toast
    Matthew
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007160,456
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:22, Edited on 16 December 19 at 11:23 by FireDrake007
    I don't have the time to play this on Xbox One before the end of the month, but fortunately I have it on steam so I can just leave it in my backlog.

As for Tecmo Bowl, not interested so nothing lost.
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,354,153
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:24
    Obligatory HONK!
    I game therefore I am.
  • lightsup55lightsup55415,310
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:27
    In case anyone hasn't noticed, 100+ games left Xbox Game Pass recently... at least according to the list on TrueAchievements. Please fix this bug for 12 Days Of Christmas 2019 Challenge 7,
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:27
    lightsup55 said:
    In case anyone hasn't noticed, 100+ games left Xbox Game Pass recently... at least according to the list on TrueAchievements. Please fix this bug for 12 Days Of Christmas 2019 Challenge 7,
    I've tried to bring this to their attention 3 hours ago.
    There is always a way.
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:35
    In case anyone is wanting to know, there are 27 games available on console currently.
    There is always a way.
  • Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:42
    Maw N Paw said:
    In case anyone is wanting to know, there are 27 games available on console currently.
    So this is a Microsoft issue, and not TA?
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:46
    I'm seeing more than 27 games on Gamepass on the actual console itself atm.
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:46
    MaurickShepherd said:
    Maw N Paw said:
    So this is a Microsoft issue, and not TA?
    It's unknown at this time but I tried to play Mortal Kombat XL last night and it wouldn't launch. Went to True Achievements and the list of Game Pass games dropped drastically. I mean, Gears 5 isn't on the list and neither is Forza Horizon 4.
    There is always a way.
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:48
    *Also checked Microsoft's website - They are also only showing about 27 games available on their console section.

You may see more on the console, but whether they are playable or not is another issue.
    There is always a way.
  • Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,357,643
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:51, Edited on 16 December 19 at 11:51 by Raptures Lost
    Head Lander is a lot of fun! Definitely worth checking out if you're into Metroidvania's. Also, in terms of completion it's very easy.
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:51, Edited on 16 December 19 at 11:52 by EarthboundX
    Maw N Paw said:
    *Also checked Microsoft's website - They are also only showing about 27 games available on their console section.

You may see more on the console, but whether they are playable or not is another issue.
    Been able to start all Gamepass games I have installed that I've tried, maybe this is a UK issue atm?

TA's Gamepass list has lost a ton of titles though, as was said. This has to be a bug.
    Posted on 16 December 19 at 11:54
    EarthboundX said:
    Maw N Paw said:

Been able to start all Gamepass games I have installed that I've tried, maybe this is a UK issue atm?

TA's Gamepass list has lost a ton of titles though, as was said. This has to be a bug.
    Not entirely sure. I have 100+ games installed on my Xbox and I only tried Mortal Kombat XL so it could be a regional issue at the moment as I'm in the UK.
    There is always a way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.