Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Batman Shadows Mode: The Enemy Within Dresses Telltale Series Like Sin City

• Dresden N7Dresden N7402,726
    Posted on 17 December 19 at 21:23, Edited on 17 December 19 at 23:38 by Dresden N7Permalink
    Obviously a cash grab, but pretty cool for those who haven't played these yet.

For me personally, the first season was mediocre. However, the second season (The Enemy Within) is legitimately one of the best games made by Telltale. Up there with The Wolf Among Us and Tales From the Borderlands. Especially amazing was how The Enemy Within had two entirely different versions of Episode 5, depending on your choice at the end of Episode 4. For the first time in Telltale history, your choice actually mattered.

It's a shame that not many played it, and that reviewers and critics (including TA) shortchanged this accomplishment.
  • Posted on 17 December 19 at 21:31, Edited on 17 December 19 at 21:32 by ApexAssassinMixPermalink
    To late. Completed the game. If it had achievements then I would consider it. But already completed the achievements. So pointless
  • Detox2033Detox2033198,453
    Posted on 17 December 19 at 23:31Permalink
    For me as a noir fan (sin city and l.a. noire) this is very interesting but I don't pay 5 € just for another style mode!
  • NapalmNikoNapalmNiko492,494
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 00:08Permalink
    snake42069 said:
    I dont buy cosmetics. I learned my lesson with horse armor.
    Nice Oblivion reference there :)
    Greetings Niko
  • Posted on 18 December 19 at 00:13Permalink
    Yawn
  • imaidiot19imaidiot19720,676
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 01:01Permalink
    If this released as a new game like twd did, then I would for sure pick it up...but it isnt, so pass.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo248,046
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 01:24Permalink
    Who is going to pay for a textured pack which doesn’t add any actual content? Obviously those will be the same people who bought the Fallout 1st subscriptions, but I will definitely will not be one of those people.

So in my case, if I haven’t bought it but want both seasons is the textures pack included?
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn229,559
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 04:49, Edited on 18 December 19 at 04:49 by psybOltOnPermalink
    I'm completely confused about this DLC.
    You can buy "Batman Shadows Mode: The Enemy Within" for 4.19 GBP or "Telltale Batman Shadows Mode" which is a bundle containing only "Batman Shadows Mode: The Enemy Within" for 3.14 GBP.
    Yesterday I also got a patch on my Xbox for Batman. Thought it was this update but now I'm not sure after reading it is not free.
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy690,959
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 06:21Permalink
    Was all set to pick up the Shadow Mode update but without achievements I don't think I'll bother. Even just a single one for beating Shadow Mode would have got me over the line...
  • Posted on 18 December 19 at 07:18Permalink
    Has anyone tired playing this since the update? I had just beat episode 4 before the patch came out, and now I'm playing episode 5 but none of the achievements are unlocking. Is anyone else having issues?
  • jxlive021jxlive021426,253
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 07:28Permalink
    i ´d guess that tt batman series will be remastered soon or later just as same as the walking dead which has separate achievement list 1000/1000gs (entire serie)shock
  • Chelsea InkChelsea Ink474,414 474,414 GamerScore
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 08:58Permalink
    GBs Cool Breeze said:
    Has anyone tired playing this since the update? I had just beat episode 4 before the patch came out, and now I'm playing episode 5 but none of the achievements are unlocking. Is anyone else having issues?
    Yeah same, did chapter 3 last night and no achievements!
    Steelbooks for sale msg me for prices
  • Posted on 18 December 19 at 11:25Permalink
    It is nice to see that Telltale and their website are back. I bought a few games there from them and they are now all back along with linked titles on Steam and Xbox.
  • LordDante360LordDante360480,863
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 12:05Permalink
    xDaddy Cake said:
    i can almost guarantee telltale batman definitive collection containing both seasons with shadow mode included in about 2mos once they collected some money from this, to try and get some more money
    already is one.
  • Guirec730Guirec730309,519
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 15:22Permalink
    If I am a big fan of the animated series/Arkham games/first two bale films, will I like this? Never really paid much attention because it came out after all the Superman V Batman garbage...
    State of the badass art.
  • NaranekNaranek6,396
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 17:02, Edited on 18 December 19 at 17:03 by NaranekPermalink
    snake42069 said:
    I dont buy cosmetics. I learned my lesson with horse armor.
    Oh yes :)

I sunk a year into Oblivion. And after buying all the story DLC, the Horse Armour kept calling to me until one day I bought it. If I had known what I had done signalled to companies that people were prepared to pay (rather than unlock) cosmetics I would never have done it. I’m sorry everyone, it’s all my fault.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn229,559
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 17:54Permalink
    Guirec730 said:
    If I am a big fan of the animated series/Arkham games/first two bale films, will I like this? Never really paid much attention because it came out after all the Superman V Batman garbage...
    Yes you will. One of the better TellTale stories and you'll get a real Batman treat.
  • Guirec730Guirec730309,519
    Posted on 18 December 19 at 19:29Permalink
    psybOltOn said:
    Guirec730 said:
    Yes you will. One of the better TellTale stories and you'll get a real Batman treat.
    Cool, thanks!
    State of the badass art.
  • Ryuukishi634Ryuukishi634401,026
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 15:59Permalink
    This actually looks really cool... Too bad I already completed these games a long tine ago...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.