The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One and Windows Countdown Sale Revealed, Discounts Until January 2nd 2020

• Posted on 19 December 19 at 16:17
    There are actually a ton of wanted games on this sale list but the sales themselves aren’t that special. Maybe because it’s too close to Christmas but I think I’m going to hold on to my money.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,113,501
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 16:20
    Cities Skyline Mayor Edition is a solid deal, as is We Happy Few Deluxe. But they'd just get put into a pile that I wouldn't get to for a while, so I'm just gonna hold off. Probably even pick them up later at a lower price.
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,869,536
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 16:40
    Echtzeit said:
    x Mataeus x said:
    Echtzeit said:
    Wow, those Hitman 2 add-ons are super confusing. I have the game on disc, what would I need to buy exactly to have everything that does not come with the disc?
    If you own Hitman 2 on Disc, you have the full H2 experience as a base game. This includes the (6?) locations from H2, from Hawks Bay onwards.

You can play extra levels by:

Buying Hitman 1 digitally, so you can play it as a stand alone game and be able to import the levels into H2 for free, or the "legacy" pack for H2, which just let's you play through every H1 level from the "platform" of the H2 menu. Either option includes achievements. (So if you buy the first game, you can get all the cheevs twice: Once by playing through H1, and again by importing and replaying H1 levels through H2).

Finally there's the Expansion Pass, which is a still evolving DLC season pass, gradually adding in permanent new locations to H2, so as the Bank Heist and the Maldives.

Achievement wise, the best option is to buy H1 digitally when on sale, so you can unlock every related cheev in it, then again after importing them for free into the second game.

I know it's convoluted as shit, and it doesn't help how they were released (both games are technically episodic, but the second game was released as a whole product, even though each mission is actually DLC, just included with it. This is how we ended up with the ridiculous scenario of them releasing it piecemeal AFTER releasing the full game at once).

I hope that helps somewhat.
    Thank you very much for this expansive answer. I already bought the full Hitman 1 experience (I don't remember exactly what it was, the GOTY? but I know that everything was included), so that I had everything from that game AND so I could get the legacy pack for Hitman 2.

Now, if I buy the "Expansion Pass" for Hitman 2, I will get everything available now AND whatever still is to be released in the future, is that correct? Unless - of course - they decide to make a "second season" or something similar, you never know these days...
    Yep, that's right my friend 😎
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv853,346
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 16:40
    That's really frustrating that the sale on LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 just ended, and now the season pass only is on sale here.

I held out on buying the base game of LMSH2 because I've generally picked up LEGO game + DLC bundles cheaper than buying them individually on holiday sales. Now I'm not going to buy the season pass only to hope the game will go back on sale for $5.99 again. What a poor way to run sales. I'd rather not have the game, haha.

The Escapists 2 season pass and maybe Yooka-Laylee/Impossible Layer is the rest of what interests me here.

Elite: Dangerous is a steal if you're thinking about trying it out, by the way. It's not a grind if you enjoy it wink
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • Posted on 19 December 19 at 16:59
    K1NG ARTHUR III said:
    Chad Wilburn said:
    Is Amnesia worth 8 bucks??
    I dont remember
    My personal COTY.

Sale is underwhelming but as always the comments section delivers.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007271,822
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 17:02, Edited on 19 December 19 at 17:03 by FireDrake007
    In case anybody is interested majornelson also revealed the free games with Games with Gold in January:

https://majornelson.com/2019/12/19/xbox-live-games-with-gold...

XB1: Styx: Shards of Darkness and Telltale's Batman Complete
    360: Tekken 6 and Lego Star Wars II

so don't buy this games if you have XBL. Pretty good month overall.
  • Timmy LoveTimmy Love383,179
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 17:42
    Was hoping to get some opinions about a few games:
    The Bradwell Conspiracy
    Trine: Ultimate Collection
    Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (enjoyed the first)

Thanks in advance.
  • I Juan NV II Juan NV I371,586
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 18:42
    Call of Duty BO3 + all the dlc finally on sale at a reasonable price!
  • Posted on 19 December 19 at 19:12
    Some good grabs here...wish the Jurassic World DLC and One Piece World Seeker DLC would have been on sale but nevertheless there’s a bunch of stuff I’m going to grab, may finally give Final Fantasy XV a shot lol
  • Posted on 19 December 19 at 19:13
    FireDrake007 said:
    In case anybody is interested majornelson also revealed the free games with Games with Gold in January:

https://majornelson.com/2019/12/19/xbox-live-games-with-gold...

XB1: Styx: Shards of Darkness and Telltale's Batman Complete
    360: Tekken 6 and Lego Star Wars II

so don't buy this games if you have XBL. Pretty good month overall.
    Same with LEGO Star Wars II on 360, it’s there for like $4 but just wait till it’s free next month
  • thanatos8285thanatos8285846,802
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 19:14
    It's always seemed odd to me when games go on sale, a bundle for the same game with all the DLC also goes on sale, but the separate DLC doesn't go on sale.
  • Thanatos522Thanatos522261,920
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 19:18
    Does anyone have opinions on the Scribblenauts bundle?

I was kicking myself for not buying it at this price on the Black Friday sale but there are even more options this time around.

Also, is it worth getting the Elite Dangerous bundle? I don't know what the player base is like on XB in 2019 and I've read that it is sort of game that demands you play it all the time.
  • Posted on 19 December 19 at 19:19, Edited on 19 December 19 at 19:20 by Onyx Grimoire
    Is the 100% for Train Sim World 2020 doable? I don't mind time investments, but I would hate to screw myself out of a completion.

Also GR Breakpoint Gold Edition at that price is basically giving it away. Not complaining though. So here I come Ubisoft. wave
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn406,464
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 19:38
    thanatos8285 said:
    It's always seemed odd to me when games go on sale, a bundle for the same game with all the DLC also goes on sale, but the separate DLC doesn't go on sale.
    This. Multiple games on my wishlist triggered a sale message but if you have the base game, you are out of luck.
    Would it be hard to include DLC and season pass?

On other note, what happened to Nier?
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz2,103,830
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney1,076,486
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 20:25
    Glad I was patient with the Wolfenstein II Deluxe Bundle. Finally under $20! dance
    Hey, you! Pipe down!
  • LeXXuzLeXXuz1,121,277
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 20:57
    Prey + Prey DLC = 9,99
    Prey DLC = 7,99?

What the? Weird pricing...
  • NaranekNaranek7,627
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 23:38
    WhySoSeri0usXxX said:
    Always the same games and prices...roll
    That's just not true. There are games on this list that weren't even released this time last year.
  • NaranekNaranek7,627
    Posted on 19 December 19 at 23:42, Edited on 19 December 19 at 23:44 by Naranek
    psybOltOn said:
    thanatos8285 said:
    This. Multiple games on my wishlist triggered a sale message but if you have the base game, you are out of luck.
    It's been this way since 2013. It's because most people pick up the $60 game second hand for $5 (or GP or GwG), then expect to be able to buy a new copy of the $30 DLC for $5. That's why the bundle is the best way to go, as you get the game and DLC for $30. You can then sell the game you paid $5 for.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn406,464
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 00:16
    Naranek said:
    psybOltOn said:
    thanatos8285 said:
    It's been this way since 2013. It's because most people pick up the $60 game second hand for $5 (or GP or GwG), then expect to be able to buy a new copy of the $30 DLC for $5. That's why the bundle is the best way to go, as you get the game and DLC for $30. You can then sell the game you paid $5 for.
    In my case it is not an option, I bought once digital and already regretted it (Rise of the Tomb Raider 4k glitch)
    Also I'm sure there are a lot of people who bought/got the game on release and now only would buy the DLC. They practically punishing day 1 buys and suggesting waiting for the whole package.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads