The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Countdown Sale Revealed, Discounts Until January 2nd 2020

  • NaranekNaranek6,447
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 17:15Permalink
    xXMalakian XVII said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    One of these days the TR: Anniversary DLC for Tomb Raider: Legend will go on sale. One of these days...
    Bruhhh, I've been waiting for the DLC for Tomb Raider Underworld to go on sale forever. Same thing with Hard Corps Uprising. It seems like it will flat out never happen. cry
    I bought it the last time it was on sale, 50% off I think. Some people will hold out for 75% off, but the risk is they delist the DLC or take it out of the sale rotation list.

    I would buy it, play it, enjoy it (it’s great value even at full price) and move on with your life.
  • NaranekNaranek6,447
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 17:19, Edited on 20 December 19 at 17:34 by NaranekPermalink
    Medicus Piper said:
    I've not used Amazon to buy games in years, that'd be the last place I'd look. Either way, Syndicate is old and not a popular game, should be down to 75% like all these titles at this point.
    It down from £40/£45 to £7.50, that’s at least 81% off. It is normally on a permanent 37.5% or more discount. Seams reasonable to me for a game of that age.
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 18:42Permalink
    Just interested in the time from release vs % discount ratio. I have a suspicion Call of duty: World at War must hold the record there?
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7409,778
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 21:42Permalink
    xXMalakian XVII said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    One of these days the TR: Anniversary DLC for Tomb Raider: Legend will go on sale. One of these days...
    Bruhhh, I've been waiting for the DLC for Tomb Raider Underworld to go on sale forever. Same thing with Hard Corps Uprising. It seems like it will flat out never happen. cry
    I hear ya. I eventually caved in and bought the TR: Underworld DLC awhile back to finish the game. Overpriced and not worth it. With how often the base games go on sale, you'd think they would put the DLC on sale once. Even if it's a small discount. But nope. Nothing.
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 22:06Permalink
    Naranek said:
    Medicus Piper said:
    I've not used Amazon to buy games in years, that'd be the last place I'd look. Either way, Syndicate is old and not a popular game, should be down to 75% like all these titles at this point.
    It down from £40/£45 to £7.50, that’s at least 81% off. It is normally on a permanent 37.5% or more discount. Seams reasonable to me for a game of that age.
    Syndicate is 70% off, it says on the page. CoD games are 25-50% off. My point is games this old should be 75% at this point. That still stands whether you think its reasonable or not. I think 75% off is reasonable for games that old.
  • CenosisCenosis90,101
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 22:41Permalink
    Medicus Piper said:
    Naranek said:
    Medicus Piper said:
    I've not used Amazon to buy games in years, that'd be the last place I'd look. Either way, Syndicate is old and not a popular game, should be down to 75% like all these titles at this point.
    It down from £40/£45 to £7.50, that’s at least 81% off. It is normally on a permanent 37.5% or more discount. Seams reasonable to me for a game of that age.
    Syndicate is 70% off, it says on the page. CoD games are 25-50% off. My point is games this old should be 75% at this point. That still stands whether you think its reasonable or not. I think 75% off is reasonable for games that old.
    The games are already discounted for being old ($15, $20 etc.) They don't have to be discounted even further they more or less do periodic sales to compete with the used games market. If physical copy equals cheaper price then get the game that way. They're companies trying to compete and make money.
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 23:12Permalink
    Cenosis said:
    Medicus Piper said:
    Naranek said:
    Medicus Piper said:
    I've not used Amazon to buy games in years, that'd be the last place I'd look. Either way, Syndicate is old and not a popular game, should be down to 75% like all these titles at this point.
    It down from £40/£45 to £7.50, that’s at least 81% off. It is normally on a permanent 37.5% or more discount. Seams reasonable to me for a game of that age.
    Syndicate is 70% off, it says on the page. CoD games are 25-50% off. My point is games this old should be 75% at this point. That still stands whether you think its reasonable or not. I think 75% off is reasonable for games that old.
    The games are already discounted for being old ($15, $20 etc.) They don't have to be discounted even further they more or less do periodic sales to compete with the used games market. If physical copy equals cheaper price then get the game that way. They're companies trying to compete and make money.
    I didn't say they have to be, I just think it should be as its more reasonable for a 7+ game. I will most likely get Syndicate on disc one day as its cheaper.
  • CenosisCenosis90,101
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 23:50, Edited on 20 December 19 at 23:54 by CenosisPermalink
    Medicus Piper said:
    I didn't say they have to be, I just think it should be as its more reasonable for a 7+ game. I will most likely get Syndicate on disc one day as its cheaper.
    It is cheaper I picked up my copy for four bucks at the time.
    It's not half bad actually the gameplay is good, the guns and abilities work well and are fun to use, some of the achievements are fun to get, etc. The story however is pretty dull and definitely a weak point and some of the animations in some of the cutscenes are kinda pathetic. It's worth 5 or 6 bucks, just make sure your expectations are low for it.
    Oh yeah and it has a lot of light-bloom/lens-flare effects so be ready for that, lol.
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy705,529
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 03:57Permalink
    Another year goes by with Lego DLC discounts on XB1 but not 360, I'm going to have to cave and buy them at full price arent I :( I hate your tactics Warner Bros
  • Posted on 21 December 19 at 10:40Permalink
    Naranek said:
    Medicus Piper said:
    I've not used Amazon to buy games in years, that'd be the last place I'd look. Either way, Syndicate is old and not a popular game, should be down to 75% like all these titles at this point.
    It down from £40/£45 to £7.50, that’s at least 81% off. It is normally on a permanent 37.5% or more discount. Seams reasonable to me for a game of that age.
    So is this the lowest price that Syndicate has gone for?
  • Posted on 21 December 19 at 10:47Permalink
    Cenosis said:
    Medicus Piper said:
    I didn't say they have to be, I just think it should be as its more reasonable for a 7+ game. I will most likely get Syndicate on disc one day as its cheaper.
    It is cheaper I picked up my copy for four bucks at the time.
    It's not half bad actually the gameplay is good, the guns and abilities work well and are fun to use, some of the achievements are fun to get, etc. The story however is pretty dull and definitely a weak point and some of the animations in some of the cutscenes are kinda pathetic. It's worth 5 or 6 bucks, just make sure your expectations are low for it.
    Oh yeah and it has a lot of light-bloom/lens-flare effects so be ready for that, lol.
    Doesn't sound very enticing. I prefer games with good stories.

    So far I have bought Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2, I Am Alive, and the Dungeon Siege 3 dlc. I am thinking of getting Asura's Wrath as well.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj196,728
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 16:31Permalink
    "It's a 360 sale what do you expect?"
    Maybe games that are BC that never got a sale like Tenchu Shadow/Assault to go down?
    Vanilla Street Fighter IV not to be so high at 10USD?
    DLC that has never (or rarely) been on sale to get one?
    Like I want to give them money but they make it easy for me to not to.
  • Blue PapyrusBlue Papyrus202,779
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 19:03Permalink
    Guess I was hoping for too much in regards to ME2 DLC. roll
  • CenosisCenosis90,101
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 21:54, Edited on 21 December 19 at 21:58 by CenosisPermalink
    FireDrake007 said:
    Cenosis said:
    Medicus Piper said:
    I didn't say they have to be, I just think it should be as its more reasonable for a 7+ game. I will most likely get Syndicate on disc one day as its cheaper.
    It is cheaper I picked up my copy for four bucks at the time.
    It's not half bad actually the gameplay is good, the guns and abilities work well and are fun to use, some of the achievements are fun to get, etc. The story however is pretty dull and definitely a weak point and some of the animations in some of the cutscenes are kinda pathetic. It's worth 5 or 6 bucks, just make sure your expectations are low for it.
    Oh yeah and it has a lot of light-bloom/lens-flare effects so be ready for that, lol.
    Doesn't sound very enticing. I prefer games with good stories.

    So far I have bought Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2, I Am Alive, and the Dungeon Siege 3 dlc. I am thinking of getting Asura's Wrath as well.
    If you prefer story over gameplay then it will most likely disappoint. I'm pretty much the exact opposite, I'll go along with any whacky or lame story as long as the gameplay is decent.

    I decided to also pick up Thunder Wolves later and still debating on whether or not to get Viking as well.
  • Posted on 21 December 19 at 23:39Permalink
    mcnichoj said:
    "It's a 360 sale what do you expect?"
    Maybe games that are BC that never got a sale like Tenchu Shadow/Assault to go down?
    Vanilla Street Fighter IV not to be so high at 10USD?
    DLC that has never (or rarely) been on sale to get one?
    Like I want to give them money but they make it easy for me to not to.
    Exactly what I said on my first post, but someone disagreed with me :/ how is that not a reasonable thing to ask for?!
  • CenosisCenosis90,101
    Posted on 22 December 19 at 01:00Permalink
    FireDrake007 said:
    Naranek said:
    Medicus Piper said:
    I've not used Amazon to buy games in years, that'd be the last place I'd look. Either way, Syndicate is old and not a popular game, should be down to 75% like all these titles at this point.
    It down from £40/£45 to £7.50, that’s at least 81% off. It is normally on a permanent 37.5% or more discount. Seams reasonable to me for a game of that age.
    So is this the lowest price that Syndicate has gone for?
    It was on sale for 4.99 January 15th this year. I was actually trying to find when LIMBO and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet were last on sale (I picked up other stuff last time ITSP was on sale so I missed out) and I came across it by accident.
  • Posted on 22 December 19 at 05:56, Edited on 22 December 19 at 08:18 by FireDrake007Permalink
    Cenosis said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    Naranek said:
    Medicus Piper said:
    I've not used Amazon to buy games in years, that'd be the last place I'd look. Either way, Syndicate is old and not a popular game, should be down to 75% like all these titles at this point.
    It down from £40/£45 to £7.50, that’s at least 81% off. It is normally on a permanent 37.5% or more discount. Seams reasonable to me for a game of that age.
    So is this the lowest price that Syndicate has gone for?
    It was on sale for 4.99 January 15th this year. I was actually trying to find when LIMBO and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet were last on sale (I picked up other stuff last time ITSP was on sale so I missed out) and I came across it by accident.
    Syndicate seems to be on sale pretty often. I think I will just hold off on that. I have plenty of FPS games to play at the moment.

    In fact I am thinking of getting Division 2 on PC since it is on sale for $5 with $10 coupon at the EGS. That is the lowest price for that game I have seen so far for such a new and popular FPS type game that was recently released this year last Feb. 2019.

    Limbo is supposed to be good. I have it in my library but haven't had the chance to play it yet though.

    Vikings Battle for Asgard looks interesting. I already have it on my backlog on PC though.
  • CenosisCenosis90,101
    Posted on 22 December 19 at 11:53Permalink
    Firedrake007 said:
    Limbo is supposed to be good. I have it in my library but haven't had the chance to play it yet though.

    Vikings Battle for Asgard looks interesting. I already have it on my backlog on PC though.
    Yeah it looks good, I know it's been on sale before but I haven't seen it on sale myself so I guess it's kinda rare. Hopefully I won't be broke when it does come up again.

    Viking looks good too but I decided to get The Darkness II instead, I missed out on it in the Shocktober sale by a day or two because I took a week off from gaming and didn't know when the sale was actually ending.
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan104,985
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 13:42Permalink
    Blue Papyrus said:
    Guess I was hoping for too much in regards to ME2 DLC. roll
    Last time they went on sale was in mid September I believe. Picked up overlord to finish out the dlc needed back then.
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan104,985
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 13:47Permalink
    Cenosis said:
    Firedrake007 said:
    Limbo is supposed to be good. I have it in my library but haven't had the chance to play it yet though.

    Vikings Battle for Asgard looks interesting. I already have it on my backlog on PC though.
    Yeah it looks good, I know it's been on sale before but I haven't seen it on sale myself so I guess it's kinda rare. Hopefully I won't be broke when it does come up again.

    Viking looks good too but I decided to get The Darkness II instead, I missed out on it in the Shocktober sale by a day or two because I took a week off from gaming and didn't know when the sale was actually ending.
    Limbo for 360 last went on sale in June of 2018. Halfway wonder if we’ll ever see it on sale again. May have a better chance of getting it on sale for the Xbox one if you have it. It is a fantastic platformer game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.