Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for January Includes Styx, Batman - The Telltale Series and More

• Posted on 20 December 19 at 02:14, Edited on 20 December 19 at 02:15 by R4AssaultRiflePermalink
    Seitzz said:
    Lol, the unobtainable in Styx is never gonna get fixed Cyanide/Focus Home will never do shit, just like they do with their other titles. Tried contacting both dev and publisher regarding servers offline in Space Hulk Tactics multiple times and they just outright ignore you. Mind you that was within the year of their game being released. They even deleted a bunch of their chat channels for games on discord. Screw them.
    Can we do a BBB complaint to Cyanide/Focus Home to fix the unobtainable for Styx Shards Of Darkness? From what i read i heard and after other TA people submitted complaints a number of unobtainables have been fixed for certain games. Really unacceptable they are getting away with this.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get...
  • BlazeFlareonBlazeFlareon434,545
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 02:16Permalink
    Cool, all games I don't have! Was thinking about getting Batman the other night
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285289,946
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 02:24Permalink
    J2B9 said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Glassk said:
    Really? I just bought Batman like 2 hours ago, why put it on sale the same day is going to be announced as a GWG?
    Talk about a total mindfrak. you could try to get a refund if you havent started it.
    Yeah he just bought it 2 hours ago so he should have no problem. A lot of people don’t know you can Refund games if you’ve played less than 2 hours and bought within 2 weeks. So just go to the purchase on Microsoft.com and there’ll be a refund button next to it if you meet that criteria.
    I wouldn't bet on that "policy" at all. I ordered a game on November 20th, played it for less than an hour the next day and when I requested the refund I got this response back
    We can’t provide a refund to the request for order(s) 6065736482 purchased on November 20, 2019.

Our refund policy does not allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed. Thanks for understanding.
    I responded back that there own policy stated I was eligible and that with the thousands I had spent in their store over the past years and never refunding anything that declining a $7.49 refund request that was eligible per their own order history page was shocking. They never responded back nor credited my account

I'd honestly say whether you get a refund or not depends on whether or not you get a gamer who takes your support ticket. Age probably factors in too, likely a couple grumpy old/douchey young asshats who hate their job there and deny everything.
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 02:25Permalink
    R4AssaultRifle said:
    Seitzz said:
    Lol, the unobtainable in Styx is never gonna get fixed Cyanide/Focus Home will never do shit, just like they do with their other titles. Tried contacting both dev and publisher regarding servers offline in Space Hulk Tactics multiple times and they just outright ignore you. Mind you that was within the year of their game being released. They even deleted a bunch of their chat channels for games on discord. Screw them.
    Can we do a BBB complaint to Cyanide/Focus Home to fix the unobtainable for Styx Shards Of Darkness? From what i read i heard and after other TA people submitted complaints a number of unobtainables have been fixed for certain games. Really unacceptable they are getting away with this.

I'm sure we could but the BBB is a joke. Most companies don't care about their rating on there.
  • Dr MartyDr Marty586,999
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 02:59, Edited on 20 December 19 at 03:01 by Dr MartyPermalink
    EazyE2285 said:
    R4AssaultRifle said:
    Seitzz said:

I'm sure we could but the BBB is a joke. Most companies don't care about their rating on there.
    The BBB has helped me with many cases and companies do care. One time I argued with my internet provider for months and the BBB fixed the case in less than 12h.

However, the BBB usually cant help with game achievements. As an example, Microsoft will tell you to go through their official channels. For fun reading go to the Forza Motorsport 6 forum that discussed the unobtainable achievements.
    I approve this message
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 04:13Permalink
    Kamera said:
    Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy is an easy 1000g

/s
    That death star achievement flying in a ship without dying was a bitch.
  • Tatl360Tatl360222,016
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 04:56Permalink
    hmm.. 4 new games.
    I will not play the broken game, so I will probably not even redeem it.
    Tekken, I have never played but have the other they gave some time ago too. May try eventually...

The Batman is an automatic game. I have played it on the 360 and maybe will play this version with the new DLC.

And this Lego I was going to buy it! I will play this one after finishing the Complete Saga. And the third game they gave some months ago so it's nice. =)
  • Regna85Regna8573,081
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 06:18Permalink
    Nice lineup. I'm looking forward to playing Tekken 6 again. Styx has been a goame I slept on but I'll definitely be checking that one out too. I've been hooked on Jurassic World as of late.
  • atryeu1atryeu1222,819
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 06:19Permalink
    mapphew said:
    atryeu1 said:
    ElDiabloLoco90 said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Not remotely interested in the fighting game so I'll skip that but I'll grab the Lego game :D I have Complete Saga but never bought this other one.
    Unless you want to earn more achievements, there isn't any point in going through Lego Star Wars 2 if you have The Complete Saga.
    It's free though and I kind of enjoy the Lego games so I don't mind. I'm still mad at Complete Saga anyway. A minikit glitched and wasn't where it was supposed to be and I never did go back and replay it yet :(
    Had a similar problem with Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, had to start the entire game over again, it seems that the Lego games can be a tad glitchy from time to time.
    That's for sure. Before that the worst I'd had was Lego Hobbit where I'd load my file and instantly fall through the world. Restarting again fixed that though. My nephew had a game breaking one for Lego Jurassic World where a gold brick isn't awarded and no matter how many times he tried a new game it wouldn't give that one to him and he finally gave up :(
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL359,765
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 06:50Permalink
    Glassk said:
    Really? I just bought Batman like 2 hours ago, why put it on sale the same day is going to be announced as a GWG?
    Was thinking of buying it as well.

Get a refund!
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 06:54Permalink
    atryeu1 said:
    mapphew said:
    atryeu1 said:
    ElDiabloLoco90 said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Not remotely interested in the fighting game so I'll skip that but I'll grab the Lego game :D I have Complete Saga but never bought this other one.
    Unless you want to earn more achievements, there isn't any point in going through Lego Star Wars 2 if you have The Complete Saga.
    It's free though and I kind of enjoy the Lego games so I don't mind. I'm still mad at Complete Saga anyway. A minikit glitched and wasn't where it was supposed to be and I never did go back and replay it yet :(
    Had a similar problem with Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, had to start the entire game over again, it seems that the Lego games can be a tad glitchy from time to time.
    That's for sure. Before that the worst I'd had was Lego Hobbit where I'd load my file and instantly fall through the world. Restarting again fixed that though. My nephew had a game breaking one for Lego Jurassic World where a gold brick isn't awarded and no matter how many times he tried a new game it wouldn't give that one to him and he finally gave up :(
    I don't think I've ever had an issue with a lego game. That said I'm only sitting on 29% complete of the 15 of 29 I have played so I probably just jinxed myself
  • a s p aa s p a732,997
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 07:13Permalink
    PaNtHerS 518 said:
    Man people these days are so ungrateful its crazy I know its not the best games. But not always everyone has them with all the newbies joining xbox this year I'm sure someone will be happy
    Yeah, poor company :'(
  • QuandozQuandoz245,754
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 08:45Permalink
    No.. i buy Batman yesterday :(
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 08:58Permalink
    Bought batman yesterday. Dammit.
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 09:27Permalink
    Have these been GWG before? Am sure I already have them all
  • Morbid237Morbid237355,288
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 11:38Permalink
    Another weak lineup. Gamepass has been killing it, whereas it seems like the gwg lineups get worse every month. I wonder if they're having trouble getting devs to put their games in gwg, maybe they all prefer gamepass. I'd be super interested in knowing the differences in compensation for the two.
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 11:48, Edited on 20 December 19 at 11:48 by EazyE2285Permalink
    Morbid237 said:
    Another weak lineup. Gamepass has been killing it, whereas it seems like the gwg lineups get worse every month. I wonder if they're having trouble getting devs to put their games in gwg, maybe they all prefer gamepass. I'd be super interested in knowing the differences in compensation for the two.
    You mean besides the obvious of a GWG game is forever owned for free and a GP game is a lease with an option to forever own for a fee?
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x994,087
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 11:56Permalink
    exorr said:
    Really want to play Styx but with the unobtainable I never will. Maybe it being on GWG will encourage the dev to fix it.
    C'mon dude, it's one cheev! Enjoy the game 😊
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 11:58Permalink
    EazyE2285 said:
    Morbid237 said:
    You mean besides the obvious of a GWG game is forever owned for free and a GP game is a lease with an option to forever own for a fee?
    You still need a fee to keep you "free" GwG games so its not forever owned.
    Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
  • Osmo76Osmo76644,673
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 12:00Permalink
    Glassk said:
    I think you can get a refund.

The Lego SW game is also on sale. Thought about buying it yesterday but I literally thought "naw, I bet it goes GwG before I have time to play it."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.