Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for January Includes Styx, Batman - The Telltale Series and More

  • Osmo76Osmo76644,673
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 12:03Permalink
    Btw all Batman cheevos are marked as discontinued, but I guess because it was removed from the store for a brief period?
  • Vr EnglishVr English641,746
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 12:06Permalink
    BijEARyCHOx47 said:
    Tekken 6 yesss
    I thought it was a pretty good game. Hopefully people will give it a chance, I mean that more than just for the ratio boost laugh
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 12:19Permalink
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Morbid237 said:
    Another weak lineup. Gamepass has been killing it, whereas it seems like the gwg lineups get worse every month. I wonder if they're having trouble getting devs to put their games in gwg, maybe they all prefer gamepass. I'd be super interested in knowing the differences in compensation for the two.
    You mean besides the obvious of a GWG game is forever owned for free and a GP game is a lease with an option to forever own for a fee?
    You still need a fee to keep you "free" GwG games so its not forever owned.
    You only get to "keep" your 360 games on the 360.

    On the Xbox One, you do need to keep your Gold sub for GwG.

    Either way, just get GP Ult and you'll be solid both ways. :)
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 12:54Permalink
    Only have Batman so great month for me. More games to add that will take years to get to.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • exorrexorr308,859
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 13:35Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    exorr said:
    Really want to play Styx but with the unobtainable I never will. Maybe it being on GWG will encourage the dev to fix it.
    C'mon dude, it's one cheev! Enjoy the game 😊
    I wish I could but I can't stand unobtainable's. Honestly if the devs can't fix these then they don't deserve my time or money.
    Follow the guide and you can snag the Collectible achievement and the 2 Free to Play achievements in about 10 minutes.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x994,072
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 13:37Permalink
    exorr said:
    x Mataeus x said:
    exorr said:
    Really want to play Styx but with the unobtainable I never will. Maybe it being on GWG will encourage the dev to fix it.
    C'mon dude, it's one cheev! Enjoy the game 😊
    I wish I could but I can't stand unobtainable's. Honestly if the devs can't fix these then they don't deserve my time or money.
    Fair enough. You could always download it, then second account it. That way you get to play games with unobtainables, and build your gamerscore on an account you don't mind.

    I'm only saying because it's a GWG so it won't cost you anything.

    But I hear you :-)
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • exorrexorr308,859
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 13:41Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    exorr said:
    x Mataeus x said:
    exorr said:
    Really want to play Styx but with the unobtainable I never will. Maybe it being on GWG will encourage the dev to fix it.
    C'mon dude, it's one cheev! Enjoy the game 😊
    I wish I could but I can't stand unobtainable's. Honestly if the devs can't fix these then they don't deserve my time or money.
    Fair enough. You could always download it, then second account it. That way you get to play games with unobtainables, and build your gamerscore on an account you don't mind.

    I'm only saying because it's a GWG so it won't cost you anything.

    But I hear you :-)
    Yah, I have a huge backlog of games I want to play so I won't spend the time on a game that's devs have forgotton about lol.
    Follow the guide and you can snag the Collectible achievement and the 2 Free to Play achievements in about 10 minutes.
  • tjw CENA2000tjw CENA2000292,017
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 14:33Permalink
    Osmo76 said:
    Btw all Batman cheevos are marked as discontinued, but I guess because it was removed from the store for a brief period?
    The new update broke the achievements apparently
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan643,280
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 15:27Permalink
    So it's basically the broken achievements month.
  • Kyk3 StylesKyk3 Styles224,374
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 15:50Permalink
    I could take some, but none is of my interestfacepalm
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 17:00Permalink
    honestly how hard is it for a dev to pop out a small patch to fix their broken achievements. It doesnt even have to fix it just auto unlock for everyone by starting up the game.
  • NaranekNaranek6,447
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 17:39, Edited on 20 December 19 at 17:52 by NaranekPermalink
    Dusk X2 said:
    Naranek said:
    How did you all miss the /s

    Everyone knows all LEGO games are easy, except this one, but it's not exactly hard when compared to other games.
    Get back to us after you have more than 2 lego games on your card and then let us know how you feel.
    You mistake my TA account for my Xbox account with 100% completion in all LEGO games released before 2018 (waiting on price drop then sales for those - Incredibles should be next).
  • NaranekNaranek6,447
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 17:44Permalink
    atryeu1 said:
    mapphew said:
    atryeu1 said:
    ElDiabloLoco90 said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Not remotely interested in the fighting game so I'll skip that but I'll grab the Lego game :D I have Complete Saga but never bought this other one.
    Unless you want to earn more achievements, there isn't any point in going through Lego Star Wars 2 if you have The Complete Saga.
    It's free though and I kind of enjoy the Lego games so I don't mind. I'm still mad at Complete Saga anyway. A minikit glitched and wasn't where it was supposed to be and I never did go back and replay it yet :(
    Had a similar problem with Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, had to start the entire game over again, it seems that the Lego games can be a tad glitchy from time to time.
    That's for sure. Before that the worst I'd had was Lego Hobbit where I'd load my file and instantly fall through the world. Restarting again fixed that though. My nephew had a game breaking one for Lego Jurassic World where a gold brick isn't awarded and no matter how many times he tried a new game it wouldn't give that one to him and he finally gave up :(
    Got stuck at 99.8% in LEGO City and had to start a new save and do it all again.
  • NaranekNaranek6,447
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 17:47, Edited on 20 December 19 at 17:54 by NaranekPermalink
    planting42 said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    Naranek said:
    How did you all miss the /s

    Everyone knows all LEGO games are easy, except this one, but it's not exactly hard when compared to other games.
    All lego games are easy? think you want to double check that one chief.
    LEGO Rock Band Achievements

    I'll just leave this here:
    LEGO Rock BandThe Final CountdownThe The Final Countdown achievement in LEGO Rock Band worth 337 pointsScore 100% on the Guitar Solo in "The Final Countdown" on Expert
    Fair point.

    I should have been more specific - all TT minifig games are easy to 100% (some may take more hours than others but that is not difficulty).

    I certainly wouldn’t state that all Rock Band games are easy.

    By rights Forza Horizon 4 is now a LEGO series game, and there a couple of harder achievements in that.
  • Ezio DMC12Ezio DMC12266,810
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 19:01Permalink
    Nothing for me this month.
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 21:48, Edited on 20 December 19 at 21:51 by SoppiestSquash8Permalink
    So glad I didn't buy Batman the other day. I can't count how many times I buy a game only for it to go GwG a month or two later.

    And ALL the achievements are now broken/unobtainable. Get out of here.
  • Posted on 20 December 19 at 22:20Permalink
    Awesome will be getting three games this month!! Great way to start the year!

    Styx, Batman and Lego Star Wars
  • Goldfire64Goldfire64252,730
    Posted on 20 December 19 at 23:52Permalink
    Hey look, Nothing!
    Goldfire64
  • Dusk X2Dusk X21,067,475
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 03:27Permalink
    Naranek said:
    Dusk X2 said:
    Naranek said:
    How did you all miss the /s

    Everyone knows all LEGO games are easy, except this one, but it's not exactly hard when compared to other games.
    Get back to us after you have more than 2 lego games on your card and then let us know how you feel.
    You mistake my TA account for my Xbox account with 100% completion in all LEGO games released before 2018 (waiting on price drop then sales for those - Incredibles should be next).
    Kind of the point of a TA account to track your game progress isn't it? Why separate account?
  • Posted on 21 December 19 at 07:09Permalink
    Good month but I already have most of them on PC.

    As for the unobtainables, I play games to enjoy them not just to improve my completion ratio or increase the number of completed games I have.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.