Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

An Update to Batman - The Telltale Series Seems to Have Broken All of the Achievements

• Posted on 21 December 19 at 04:26Permalink
    warning
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • MaxMar5MaxMar5215,521
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 04:48Permalink
    That’s why they give it free 😆
  • SniffinRailsSniffinRails195,660
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 05:11Permalink
    I totally was playing it earlier and couldn’t get any to unlock, I was choked. Hope it gets fixed
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo248,046
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 05:51Permalink
    Bit of an average launch then: Charging consumers for extra noir textures instead of an update then don't test it to ensure everything is working... Great revival TT.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
  • Dannyboi511Dannyboi511141,736 141,736 GamerScore
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 07:09Permalink
    This is a big oof. Hopefully, they get onto this before the end of the year.
    Bigdanzo51169 - Happy Gaming!
  • FearbeardFearbeard321,719
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 08:27Permalink
    I noticed this yesterday. Randomly decided to finally play it since it had been on my hard drive for a long time and I was looking for something that I could just sit back and enjoy. Through episode 3 now and not a single achievement. I'm hoping they retroactively activate. I mean, it has all my choices saved so it shouldn't be hard to just pop the achievements for each episode if it has a record of you completing them.
  • Posted on 21 December 19 at 13:52Permalink
    I have completed Batman TTS but I haven't started TEW yet, so relieved to hear there are no issues reported so far with that - I do hope they fix the issue soon for those that are affected. I may have to get onto The Enemy Within once I've finished the 12 Days of Christmas challenge in case they break those achievements too.
    "Of course you forget, Peter, I was present at an undersea, unexplained mass sponge migration."
  • burnthelambburnthelamb434,396
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 14:20Permalink
    laughclapdanceheadspintoastcomputefacepalm
    I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign!
  • MemesNBeerMemesNBeer149,036
    Posted on 21 December 19 at 21:29Permalink
    Hopefully will be fixed before it goes live for games with gold
  • Posted on 21 December 19 at 22:05Permalink
    So nothing is wrong with The Enemy Within correct?
    yungshyne222
  • Posted on 21 December 19 at 23:44Permalink
    I won't buy shadows mode unless they add achievements to the DLC. Who knows, maybe that is why the update broke it. But I doubt it.......
    Dave Bricker, Ph.D. CognitiveCaveat
  • dan aw loedan aw loe209,678
    Posted on 22 December 19 at 03:09Permalink
    This killed my streak. I was at 229 days and didn't have a chance to get on the Xbox till 11 last night. Should have checked here first would have saved me some aggravation.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator175,905
    Posted on 22 December 19 at 05:30, Edited on 22 December 19 at 05:32 by V3ntilatorPermalink
    Cuberd said:
    Living Legends said:
    Thought the idea was to bring these games back from the dead?
    You could ask a refund. Microsoft is really easy about it.
    Not even close. It took me like 20-30 mins on a chat to refund a confirmed broken game, and it were a interrogation deluxe. Infact so exctreme that i almost didn't want to get a refund anymore.
    I also had to send several web links to prove the game were broken.

Getting refund from Microsoft is a complete waste of time.

Steam... Just send one message, and you get money back with no questions.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,187,491
    Posted on 22 December 19 at 05:41, Edited on 22 December 19 at 05:41 by EarthboundXPermalink
    V3ntilator said:
    Cuberd said:
    Living Legends said:
    Thought the idea was to bring these games back from the dead?
    You could ask a refund. Microsoft is really easy about it.
    Not even close. It took me like 20-30 mins on a chat to refund a confirmed broken game, and it were a interrogation deluxe. Infact so exctreme that i almost didn't want to get a refund anymore.
    I also had to send several web links to prove the game were broken.

Getting refund from Microsoft is a complete waste of time.

Steam... Just send one message, and you get money back with no questions.
    In my experience it really seems to depend on who you are talking to. The last time I asked for a refund it took maybe 5 minutes, it was really easy. But the one before it(I've only asked for a refund twice)they gave me the run around for literally months until I just gave up.
  • R06U3R06U3265,602
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 05:37Permalink
    Not sure what's going on with making games BC, but it seems to that quite a few games that were previously working fine developed issues after they were updated to be BC as part of being released with GwG. facepalm
  • kintariskintaris311,738
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 08:51Permalink
    Had a note back from Player Support (added this to the article):

Update: The support team at Telltale have told us that the developers are aware, but with the holidays coming up they weren't able to give us a time frame for getting it fixed.
    TrueAchievements News & Content Editor
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I464,488
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:05Permalink
    Hmmm... I guess if none of the achievements will unlock than no one's Completion Ppercentage will suffer from the people who start it with GwG.
  • I ASK NO ONEI ASK NO ONE538,150
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 18:36Permalink
    I finished that game a while back so I'm glad lol
    I ASK NO ONE
  • Posted on 24 December 19 at 01:36Permalink
    R06U3 said:
    Not sure what's going on with making games BC, but it seems to that quite a few games that were previously working fine developed issues after they were updated to be BC as part of being released with GwG. facepalm
    What other BC games developed broken achievements after being added to BC???
  • Aura BattlerAura Battler618,785
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 07:55Permalink
    LOL, a game update caused the game cannot open any achievements! shock

I don't look forward to any new games release from this company!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.