Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

An Update to Batman - The Telltale Series Seems to Have Broken All of the Achievements

• YBNYBN82,070
    Posted on 25 December 19 at 13:48Permalink
    Ahh... Poo.

Guess I’ll work on some other games until a fix is out. Hopefully they realise the issue and get a patch out at some point.

I’ve played the game before but really hoping this new visual update makes a rerun worth it.
  • R06U3R06U3265,602
    Posted on 25 December 19 at 15:13Permalink
    ClockKing1986 said:
    R06U3 said:
    Not sure what's going on with making games BC, but it seems to that quite a few games that were previously working fine developed issues after they were updated to be BC as part of being released with GwG. facepalm
    What other BC games developed broken achievements after being added to BC???
    I wasn't specifically referring only to achievements being broken, but I should have been more clear in my original post. I believe most issues involved the game server, and were eventually sorted out. These issues may or may not have been related to more people playing the game and overloading the server.

IIRC, off the top of my head, there were issues with Halo: Reach, Gears 2, Burnout Paradise, and Forza Horizon that I believe occurred around the time they were made BC.

I can't think of more specific examples right now, but it happened enough for me to avoid starting any games that recently became BC until I was sure that I could 100% the game.
  • SinZinDettaSinZinDetta381,373
    Posted on 25 December 19 at 15:56Permalink
    Seems the new thing to do with video games is break them with updates
  • Posted on 31 December 19 at 23:18Permalink
    If/when this gets fixed, will there be a new news article or do we have to keep looking at this forum thread? I'm half way through the game, but would like to finish it.
    Gordon Bennett (yeah, that's my real name [some older Brits would understand that])
  • iXeddeiXedde131,571
    Posted on 01 January 20 at 21:39Permalink
    GordonDogKing said:
    If/when this gets fixed, will there be a new news article or do we have to keep looking at this forum thread? I'm half way through the game, but would like to finish it.
    Would also like to know as I bought both games in one package and eagerly waiting for the fix.
  • The Wet ChefThe Wet Chef239,017
    Posted on 02 January 20 at 07:18Permalink
    GordonDogKing said:
    Im guessing Yes.

Based on that it is a GwG title on the 16/1
    And new about the achievements becoming Obtainable or Unobtainable. Or just servers going up/down.
    And that this is a Achievement site.
    There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
  • Posted on 02 January 20 at 15:21Permalink
    The dev basically said they didn't have the manpower over the holidays... I'd expect this to be fully corrected sometime before the game hits GwG in a few weeks now that everyone is returning to the office.
  • Blissed AwayBlissed Away533,379
    Posted on 09 January 20 at 12:44Permalink
    New update is available on Xbox One today. I hope this has fixed the achievements. My game version is now 1.0.0.8. 1.0.0.7 is where the achievements broke.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle786,854
    Posted on 09 January 20 at 22:03Permalink
    Some people have won achievements in this today, so it looks like it's fixed.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 10 January 20 at 00:32Permalink
    Yep, it is! I just finished off the completion.
  • DarkMime64DarkMime6470,581
    Posted on 10 January 20 at 17:34Permalink
    Sadly not retroactive, so got to do everything that didn't give me an achievement last time all over again.
  • Posted on 10 January 20 at 20:36Permalink
    Glad to see this has been fixed.
  • Posted on 11 January 20 at 03:26Permalink
    That was pretty quick, well done. Not that it ever should have happened, but, you know.
  • iXeddeiXedde131,571
    Posted on 11 January 20 at 08:48Permalink
    Happy to see it fixed aswell however no update on the post, suspect it to be soon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.