Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

The TrueAchievements Game of the Year 2019

• kintariskintaris323,040
  • The lMlanThe lMlan999,378
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:26Permalink
    Nice to see how consistent this community is.

Overall game of the year - Outer Worlds.....but is second place in X Enhanced games behind Gears 5...but yet the most fun achievement is doing everything in Borderlands 3 laugh
    It's beginning to look a lot like glitchmas, every game I play
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion635,012
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:29Permalink
    Ho Ho Ho!
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • AwakeDeadeyeAwakeDeadeye305,632
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:29Permalink
    I was going to vote, but I haven't played almost anything in the selections so I didn't, obviously.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
  • cooper101183cooper101183718,963
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:30Permalink
    What, No way was Outer Worlds game of the year. Its very clear from playing the game that the game which was developed is very different from the end product. Its far to easy, full of useless pick ups and a wafer thin story packed out with politically correct characters. The game should be re-named 'Derivative' as every aspect of this game is unoriginal. More of a casual gamers game
    A cooper
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:32Permalink
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

If your choice did not win that is fine. If you disagree with the winners that is fine. But this is the community's vote. What the majority thought based on what they played. So please do not get upset
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:40, Edited on 23 December 19 at 15:17 by Dark Death 90Permalink
    Very disappointing to see RE2 nowhere in sight. Some really not great choices. Old Man's Journey? Seriously?
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • DriZzT1987DriZzT1987298,535
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:44Permalink
    People drunk too much to vote for Gears 5. Maybe as most disappointing game this year. After months still full of bugs.
  • The GalaxyThe Galaxy632,992
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:44Permalink
    A game that this very community has rated a 3.19 won the ID@Xbox category. Wow.
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:46Permalink
    I agree with all the top spots!
    If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have Hot Dogs!!!
  • Segendary TySegendary Ty659,046
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:49Permalink
    This just seems like an quantity thing over quality. Outer Worlds is amazing but has no replayability for me. A GOTY definitly needs that. If you put all TA's GOTY's in line you'll see this one pale in comparison

Still Outer Worlds deserves a lot of credit and praise and tbh I cannot think of a better game from this year.

Not sure why Reach was voted as best DLC...
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I478,116
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:50Permalink
    I am guilty of this as well, but people are only going to vote for games they have played so it is gonna be skewed with more blockbuster titles and free games (GwG or Game Pass).
  • SlavenBOSSSlavenBOSS804,088
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:50Permalink
    Outer worlds is easy GOTY all people who disagree are wrong
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:51Permalink
    I think a big reason Outer Worlds won is because more people on the site probably played it since it was on gamepass. That's how I played it, and I havent played Sekiro or RE2 or Star Wars so I kind of cant vote for them. I feel like that's going to be reality going forward.
    I would be Unstoppable, if not for Law Enforcement and Physics
  • Kongo DragonKongo Dragon898,296
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:51Permalink
    A Plague Tale needs love.
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:51Permalink
    Gears 5 being on any top list with the launch it had is baffling
    https://mixer.com/StreamFamily
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285297,782
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:52Permalink
    Dark Death 90 said:
    Very disappointing to see RE2 nowhere in site. Some really not great choices. Old Man's Journey? Seriously?
    Yeah that game was enjoyable a little. That's about it. Story was predictable and fuck that train section
  • DyssidentDyssident1,179,275
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:54Permalink
    Seems like a weak year.
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:55Permalink
    Segendary Ty said:
    This just seems like an quantity thing over quality. Outer Worlds is amazing but has no replayability for me. A GOTY definitly needs that. If you put all TA's GOTY's in line you'll see this one pale in comparison

Still Outer Worlds deserves a lot of credit and praise and tbh I cannot think of a better game from this year.

Not sure why Reach was voted as best DLC...
    What? Reach is almost cheating as a DLC because it’s an entire game. I thought Reach was the easiest choice of them all.

Looks like I need to play Outer Worlds since it was at least nominated for everything. The only thing I’m confused with is Old Man’s Journey. I can only think it won because it was on Game Pass and a quick completion.
  • AgentZachMorganAgentZachMorgan1,466,926
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:58, Edited on 23 December 19 at 14:59 by AgentZachMorganPermalink
    The fact Children of Morta never made top 3 for indie when it was easily one of the best just shows how pointless these awards are. It's just a damn popularity contest.
    I came here to eat donuts and drink coffee... and I'm all out of donuts.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.