Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

The TrueAchievements Game of the Year 2019

• JimbotUKJimbotUK3,715,530
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 14:59
    Old Man Journey how has that won ID lol? There are like 30 games with higher user ratings.
    I guess it’s like the most played ID game probably so gets the most votes.
  • WillCBlogsWillCBlogs277,927
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:02
    Interesting.

I loved The Outer Worlds but GOTY? Yeet.
  • Rossco7530Rossco75302,194,832
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:03
    Some interesting winners as usual. The Outer Worlds was good - I don't think it is quite as good as this suggests, but there wasn't really much competition this year.
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:05
    I never voted but how could dropping loads not win the best name for an achievement? LOL

3rd place at least.
    Magic
  • Goggs25Goggs252,046,979
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:06
    should be called broken game of the year since 90% of all xbox one games are broken from day 1
    Goggs25
  • BsmittelBsmittel1,327,044
    Supernova can be done in 20 minutes...
    simply not true anymore
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,174,967
    Supernova was easy as hell. Achievement to be most proud of would be something like Washington Raider before it got easier.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:10
    Old mans journey? Lol I did enjoy it but it only won because it's on gamepass and easy score.
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:15
    again with all the dishonesty and straight bullshit

This community is/was all about achievement hunting

how about telling the truth

such as

GOTY
    Ark

ID GAME
    Wanderlust

DLC
    Buzzy Bees- Minecraft
  • pukem0nnpukem0nn349,040
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:16
    The lMlan said:
    Nice to see how consistent this community is.

Overall game of the year - Outer Worlds.....but is second place in X Enhanced games behind Gears 5...
    well, Gears 5 X Enhancements are truly second to none, the game looks georgeous with HDR and 4k. The Outer Worlds may be the better game overall though, even if it doesn't look as good as Gears.
    Also Borderlands may have the most fun achievements, even though i wouldn't choose some useless achiement that's basically the Platinum Trophy equivalent. that's just a lazy achievement by the devs who didn't change anything for the platform.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:17
    Im still playing The Outer Worlds its a GOTY for sure.
    Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,936,148
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:20
    Old Man's Journey!? The story has been done many times before, and much better...
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Christoph 5782Christoph 57821,025,984
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:22
    How did Old Mans Journey win anything? That was such a bad game.... Like even Tracks was an infinitely more fun game....

That really should have gone to like Wandersong or something actually well written and fun to play
    Let's Go!
  • Necromorph11Necromorph111,312,165
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:23
    the outer worlds is an ok game if a little disappointing, nowhere near game of the year tho.sekiro on the other hand is the best.
  • aphexbraphexbr266,632
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:26
    The lMlan said:
    Nice to see how consistent this community is.

Overall game of the year - Outer Worlds.....but is second place in X Enhanced games behind Gears 5...but yet the most fun achievement is doing everything in Borderlands 3 laugh
    Easy to explain:

- Thanks to Game Pass, pretty much everyone who wanted to play TOW and GoW5 has done, while not everybody will have been able to play Borderlands 3. If less people have played a game, it gets less votes. Meanwhile, GoW5 had major issues when it launched on GP, TOW didn't so much.

- The X enhanced category naturally only applies to people who own an X, which most people don't. Some people will vote anyway, but plenty will skip that question because it's not relevant to their experiences. So, you can naturally expect different results among the self-selecting smaller group of voters.

- The vote looks to have been split between different achievements on TOW, while people voting Borderlands 3 were voting for a single achievement. If you tally the vote up per game rather than per achievement, 61.6% of people voted for TOW.

So, nothing particularly inconsistent here if you understand the categories and the way voting works.
  • aphexbraphexbr266,632
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:27
    Christoph 5782 said:
    How did Old Mans Journey win anything?
    My guess is that as it got a huge boost from being included in a rewards quest recently, lots of people played it who wouldn't normally play a lot of ID games and voted on it by default, or people just liked the recent easy completion.
  • Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:30
    I liked Outer Worlds but I enjoyed my time with Borderlands 3 and Star Wars more. I'm not surprised Game Pass games dominated awards. Makes sense.
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n2,005,708
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:33
    Cry cry cry. Outer World's is GOTY and deserves it.
  • ShootEmUpSonicShootEmUpSonic1,151,401
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:33
    No DMC5 or Resident Evil 2 what!
  • ScoobyDoobyD0ntScoobyDoobyD0nt3,778,529
    Posted on 23 December 19 at 15:37
    Pretty disappointing to see the outer worlds win everywhere, it was good but it wasnt thaaat good, especially with its achievements. Oh well
    Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads