Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

The TrueAchievements Game of the Year 2019

• EarthboundXEarthboundX1,233,368
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 05:24Permalink
    cooper101183 said:
    BLAST KINETIC said:
    cooper101183 said:
    What, No way was Outer Worlds game of the year. Its very clear from playing the game that the game which was developed is very different from the end product. Its far to easy, full of useless pick ups and a wafer thin story packed out with politically correct characters. The game should be re-named 'Derivative' as every aspect of this game is unoriginal. More of a casual gamers game
    100% disagree with all of the above, especially the "politically correct characters" bit (you can hide a lot of rabbits in that hat). It's like we played a different game. For me, it felt like a masterfully streamlined game, pruned of all the minutia and busywork so often seen in big-budget RPGs, with the focus squarely on atmosphere, ambiance, and characters. With absolutely zero microtransactions to boot. We sorely need more games like TOW, and I hope other devs have taken note of it.
    Those are not the qualities of a Game of the Year. There was nothing original about this game. If a streamlined game with no microtransactions makes a game of the year then that is a sad indictment of the either the games industry or the consumer
    Why does have a game have to be original to be good?
  • Posted on 24 December 19 at 06:54Permalink
    cooper101183 said:
    JX Junior said:
    cooper101183 said:
    What, No way was Outer Worlds game of the year. Its very clear from playing the game that the game which was developed is very different from the end product. Its far to easy, full of useless pick ups and a wafer thin story packed out with politically correct characters. The game should be re-named 'Derivative' as every aspect of this game is unoriginal. More of a casual gamers game
    Aww, is someone sad that their game didn’t win? cry
    Did I mention another game at all. No, so perhaps either read my comment properly or try try shaking your head and see if it starts to make your brain work. I did not mention any other games only that the winner was unworthy. Clearly you lack the brain capacity to understand the difference.
    Outer worlds isn't that fun, and I agree. The loading times and constant need to go around all the time make it pretty bad. I'm trying to muster up the strength to play it again on supernova...

On that note, the fact that something like Greedfall doesn't get the slightest recognition is pretty poor. Just got done my extreme mode playthrough, and it was quite enjoyable.

I think it's best to keep in mind, most people are pretty casual in terms of what they'll play. GOTY on xbox seems nearly completely biased based on what's in game pass. I've seen and played quite a few really amazing indies, yet that horrible old man's journey wins... that right there makes the poll quite redundant.
  • HaZheR MxHaZheR Mx233,959
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 07:00Permalink
    headspin
  • Posted on 24 December 19 at 08:02Permalink
    Old Man´s und Steam World Dig 2 sind Spiele die keine Unterstützung seitens der Community erhalten sollte.
    Die Entwickler verlangen Zugriff auf das XBox Live Profil des jeweiligen Kunden.
    Ohne diese Zustimmung kann man nicht speichern was das spielen sinnlos macht.
    Egal ob Game Pass oder beim kauf.
  • Posted on 24 December 19 at 09:23Permalink
    Archie Medes x said:
    Old Man´s und Steam World Dig 2 sind Spiele die keine Unterstützung seitens der Community erhalten sollte.
    Die Entwickler verlangen Zugriff auf das XBox Live Profil des jeweiligen Kunden.
    Ohne diese Zustimmung kann man nicht speichern was das spielen sinnlos macht.
    Egal ob Game Pass oder beim kauf.
    NEIN! That's about the only German I know!

I didn't vote i'm not a hunter and I didn't want to affect the result, nice to see BL3 get so many votes awsome game. One of my favourite games this gen possibly.
  • Posted on 24 December 19 at 09:29Permalink
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    cooper101183 said:
    JX Junior said:
    cooper101183 said:
    Did I mention another game at all. No, so perhaps either read my comment properly or try try shaking your head and see if it starts to make your brain work. I did not mention any other games only that the winner was unworthy. Clearly you lack the brain capacity to understand the difference.
    Outer worlds isn't that fun, and I agree. The loading times and constant need to go around all the time make it pretty bad. I'm trying to muster up the strength to play it again on supernova...

On that note, the fact that something like Greedfall doesn't get the slightest recognition is pretty poor. Just got done my extreme mode playthrough, and it was quite enjoyable.

I think it's best to keep in mind, most people are pretty casual in terms of what they'll play. GOTY on xbox seems nearly completely biased based on what's in game pass. I've seen and played quite a few really amazing indies, yet that horrible old man's journey wins... that right there makes the poll quite redundant.
    FINALLY......
  • AwakeDeadeyeAwakeDeadeye298,780
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 09:53Permalink
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    INSURGENTALPHA said:
    People used to be graceful in defeat but these days everything from elections to referendums to game of the year, if your choice didn’t win then people complain. Some of my choices won, some didn’t but hey let’s all just accept it was a vote and then move on.
    It the year of (wait i cant say that here) first trump now videogames.
    Vote trump 2020 to watch th world burn
    Gotta find a way to get the orange man bad in here some way.

I mainly just wanted to mention that while the Florida Man achievement was pretty funny, I kind of wish the requirements were just a bit more over the top.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
  • Posted on 24 December 19 at 11:14Permalink
    Sad to see Sekiro not enjoying more popularity. It has been voted Game of the Year by other reviews.

R.E.2 Remake was a good one as well but it is not even showing up.

Perhaps I am not really classified as a mainstream gamer.
  • FoogaFooga1,379,972
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 13:46Permalink
    ImaginaryRuins said:
    Sad to see Sekiro not enjoying more popularity. It has been voted Game of the Year by other reviews.

R.E.2 Remake was a good one as well but it is not even showing up.

Perhaps I am not really classified as a mainstream gamer.
    I feel like Sekiro was overlooked by a lot because it’s challenging. It was my GOTY but didn’t play Outer Worlds. RE2 was awesome though.
  • RedanianRedanian555,495
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 14:32Permalink
    cooper101183 said:
    If a streamlined game with no microtransactions makes a game of the year then that is a sad indictment of the either the games industry or the consumer
    It's the sad state of both, I'm afraid.
  • Segendary TySegendary Ty659,570
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 16:11Permalink
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Segendary Ty said:
    This just seems like an quantity thing over quality. Outer Worlds is amazing but has no replayability for me. A GOTY definitly needs that. If you put all TA's GOTY's in line you'll see this one pale in comparison

Still Outer Worlds deserves a lot of credit and praise and tbh I cannot think of a better game from this year.

Not sure why Reach was voted as best DLC...
    What? Reach is almost cheating as a DLC because it’s an entire game. I thought Reach was the easiest choice of them all.

Looks like I need to play Outer Worlds since it was at least nominated for everything. The only thing I’m confused with is Old Man’s Journey. I can only think it won because it was on Game Pass and a quick completion.
    Because it's a remastered version obviously... it's not new content! I believe GOTY's should always be new content. Unless it's remastered like Halo 2 was or a complete remake like that Resident Evil game
  • SlipKnoT 008SlipKnoT 008500,401
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 17:05Permalink
    I am going to go out on a limb and say the 2020 game of the year is going to be Cyberpunk 2077. Big AAA title with alot of hype. I just hope it doesn't disappoint, I am looking forward to it.
  • Davis 888Davis 888560,562
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 17:56Permalink
    HUstlinonradio said:
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

If your choice did not win that is fine. If you disagree with the winners that is fine. But this is the community's vote. What the majority thought based on what they played. So please do not get upset
    Very well said.
  • BownzinhoBownzinho248,619
    Posted on 24 December 19 at 18:13Permalink
    At the end of the day these “awards” don’t mean a thing so I don’t know what everyone is getting upset about.

Davis 888 said:
    HUstlinonradio said:
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

If your choice did not win that is fine. If you disagree with the winners that is fine. But this is the community's vote. What the majority thought based on what they played. So please do not get upset
    Very well said.
    Sums this up nicely
  • JX JuniorJX Junior14,775
    Posted on 25 December 19 at 02:22Permalink
    cooper101183 said:
    JX Junior said:
    cooper101183 said:
    Man you must be REALLY salty if you have to turn into an 8 year old and throw insults. I’m sorry your game didn’t win. Maybe you lack the brain capacity to understand that. Get over yourself. This was the community vote, not your vote.
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE313,020
    Posted on 25 December 19 at 02:34Permalink
    WTH. Outer Wilds is #2 behind OLD MANS JOURNEY???

It's supposed to be BEST indie game, not easiest completion.

Sham!
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC625,197
    Posted on 25 December 19 at 02:42Permalink
    Outer Wilds wasn't that great either, to be honest. Far better games released this year.
    [Insert signature here.]
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,238,577
    Posted on 25 December 19 at 05:55Permalink
    Yikes.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,233,368
    Posted on 25 December 19 at 09:01Permalink
    GRAND NOBLE said:
    WTH. Outer Wilds is #2 behind OLD MANS JOURNEY???

It's supposed to be BEST indie game, not easiest completion.

Sham!
    People can only vote for what they have played, and this being an achievement hunter website, haha.
  • MartyTheCrowMartyTheCrow249,356
    Posted on 25 December 19 at 09:02, Edited on 25 December 19 at 09:04 by MartyTheCrowPermalink
    Look... Old Man's Journey was an alright game, and I enjoyed it, but... ranking it above Outer Wilds is a damned crime!

Outer Wilds was an incredible game. Easily one of my favorite games of all time. Leagues and bounds above pretty much everything else this year.

I don't mean to belittle Old Man's Journey, but Outer Wilds isn't even in the same class. What a travesty.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.