Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Wandersong Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 01 January 20 at 16:21
    Please use this thread to discuss the Wandersong walkthrough
  • Posted on 03 January 20 at 13:53
    The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Wandersong Walkthrough
  • Posted on 05 January 20 at 02:39
    So while mentioning the code to unlock scene select early to allow for the cheeze completion is appropriate for a walkthrough on an achievement hunting site like this, I really think that the walkthrough should include the full game play (and ideally with a mention of how long a 'real' completion takes).

The best way (in my opinion) would be to have the full play, with anchor links for those that want to use the scene select method to skip parts of the game telling them when to skip ahead, and where to skip ahead to (in the game and in the walkthrough).

Just my opinion.
  • Shh I am BatmanShh I am Batman1,004,201
    Posted on 05 January 20 at 04:34
    Mike Marcelais said:
    So while mentioning the code to unlock scene select early to allow for the cheeze completion is appropriate for a walkthrough on an achievement hunting site like this, I really think that the walkthrough should include the full game play (and ideally with a mention of how long a 'real' completion takes).

The best way (in my opinion) would be to have the full play, with anchor links for those that want to use the scene select method to skip parts of the game telling them when to skip ahead, and where to skip ahead to (in the game and in the walkthrough).

Just my opinion.
    We often go back and forth on this on the team, as to whether we should demand full game guides versus a guide that conceivably gets you to every achievement in a linear fashion. In this case, it was deemed that a scene select guide would suffice, but this is not a precedent being set for guides going forward.

Your opinion is definitely valued and worth consideration, we appreciate your feedback.
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz410,048
    Posted on 20 April 20 at 00:46
    That's a shame. Was hoping for the full walkthrough on this one. Ah well beggars can't be choosers.
  • CCG 88CCG 88194,047
    Posted on 21 June 20 at 16:07
    Mike Marcelais said:

Just my opinion.
    So that's why the estimated time is 1hr. I've already been playing 4hrs and I though I must be real slow.
  • Posted on 11 July 20 at 20:53
    I really hope that video walkthroughs don't completely stop the text walkthroughs from being created, I understand there's so much more work but they're truly the best things when done well.
  • vSullyvSully1,033,684
    Posted on 11 July 20 at 21:55
    Secret Self said:
    I really hope that video walkthroughs don't completely stop the text walkthroughs from being created, I understand there's so much more work but they're truly the best things when done well.
    I’m not really sure what you’re talking about. This particular walkthrough includes a written guide as well as complementary videos so it covers both bases. Unless you’re talking about a written guide for the entire game outside of achievement completion?
  • Posted on 11 July 20 at 22:18
    Oh sorry if I hit the wrong thread - I was actually just referring to walkthroughs in general, video has become predominant where it used to be text, I just hope people will still be able to use whichever version they like, and that people keep writing them.

sometimes a video can help me find something but in general if I'm playing a game it's really hard to watch a video and enjoy the game at the same time - although some of them are extremely well done.

So that's just my wish for the universe.
  • Posted on 11 July 20 at 22:28
    Secret Self said:
    Oh sorry if I hit the wrong thread - I was actually just referring to walkthroughs in general, video has become predominant where it used to be text, I just hope people will still be able to use whichever version they like, and that people keep writing them.

sometimes a video can help me find something but in general if I'm playing a game it's really hard to watch a video and enjoy the game at the same time - although some of them are extremely well done.

So that's just my wish for the universe.
    For all the walkthroughs we publish on TA, they’ll all be text walkthroughs. We allow videos to be used as supplemental help, but the main bulk of the guide will always be written (there’s no sign of this changing any time soon too!)
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz410,048
    Posted on 12 July 20 at 00:31
    In regards to the achievements for this.

Are there any missables or can you get the achievements by just playing the game?

Due to the chapter select I presume nothing would count as a missable. But would rather play the game in full and just pick the achievements up naturally.
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper991,526,343
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 19:13
    There are achievements associated with a particular character for doing something a bunch of times, but for those going back through chapter select is really the best option.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.