Game Discussion: NBA 2K18

NBA 2K18 Server Closure changes

• Posted on 03 January 20 at 17:23Permalink
    The Game Information Team have changed the Server Closure Date to 18 January 2020. This means that one or more online services for this game are scheduled for closure.

Please note that we generally do not know the scope of service closures and they may not always impact all online services for a given title.

Potentially affected achievements:
    NBA 2K18The First Of ManyThe The First Of Many achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 54 pointsEarn a Call-Up in Play Now Online.
    NBA 2K18PerfectionThe Perfection achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 678 pointsWin all 10 games of 'Greatest of All-Time' in Play Now Online.
    NBA 2K18RingerThe Ringer achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 120 pointsBeat a Tier 1 team with a team from a lower tier in Play Now Online.
    NBA 2K18InceptionThe Inception achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 93 pointsPlay a game of NBA 2K18 against a friend in your MyCOURT.
    NBA 2K18No 'I' In TeamThe No 'I' In Team achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 28 pointsJoin or Own a 2K Pro-Am Team.
    NBA 2K18Get Your Feet WetThe Get Your Feet Wet achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 31 pointsComplete a 2K Pro-Am Walk-On game.
    NBA 2K18On The RiseThe On The Rise achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 61 pointsWin as a member of a Pro-Level or higher 2K Pro-Am team.
    NBA 2K18Just Say NoThe Just Say No achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 23 pointsPurchase a Card Pack in MyTEAM.
    NBA 2K18Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 54 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    NBA 2K18Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 83 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    NBA 2K18297 Problems and Domination IS One!The 297 Problems and Domination IS One! achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 221 pointsEarn 297 Stars by completing all Domination modes in MyTEAM.
    NBA 2K18More Work?The More Work? achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 27 pointsComplete a checklist goal in MyTEAM.
    NBA 2K18Work CompleteThe Work Complete achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 15643 pointsComplete all checklist goals in MyTEAM.
    NBA 2K18Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 389 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    NBA 2K18Double TroubleThe Double Trouble achievement in NBA 2K18 worth 93 pointsPlay a game with two players who form a duo in MyTEAM.
  • notion3000notion3000305,882
    Posted on 19 January 20 at 11:21Permalink
    What’s happened to NBA 2K18 MyCAREER mode? It's completely decimated. All the cut scenes have gone!! There is no story!!You can't walk down the street anymore to get a tattoo or a haircut. Those seemingly offline achievements have gone!! You can't walk down the street anymore therefore Marathon Man achievement has gone! This is unprecedented that they have taken away a whole story mode from a game. I know the online achievements were going to be affected but to take the whole story mode away as well is ridiculous and as I say I don't know a game that has actually don't that before without it been totally obvious that everything is server based. Turn off the servers and you lose the story mode!!!
  • Jdchicago13Jdchicago13411,462
    Posted on 30 January 20 at 03:38Permalink
    Most of the achievements in this title are now unobtainable because of the servers being shut down.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.