Windows

Forum for general Windows discussion. Come here to talk about everything associated with the OS, from games to apps to updates.

Xbox Games App - Windows 8.1 Can you login?

• MarkyshizzleMarkyshizzle1,410,587
    Posted on 04 January 20 at 17:29, Edited on 04 January 20 at 17:45 by MarkyshizzlePermalink
    Xbox Games App - Windows 8.1 Can you login?

I setup a vmware to try to recover reckless racing dlc i bought back in 2013... but i cant get it to load on my Win10.

I made a Win 8.1 vmware and the game installs, connects to the store fine, all looks good but my login on the xbox game app spins forever when i try to get the dlc. Can you guys actually login to the games app on Windows 8.1? Im trying to figure out if its my vmware or if it got discontinued.
    - Markyshizzle
    Posted on 04 January 20 at 19:30Permalink
    Yeah.... idk if anybody has any incite... i see the purchase link but it wont connect to the app. If its discontinued I might just be screwed. Can anybody with Windows 8/8.1 check for me?
    - Markyshizzle
  • JumboWarioJumboWario708,857
    Posted on 04 January 20 at 19:41, Edited on 04 January 20 at 19:41 by JumboWarioPermalink
    I have not been able to log into the games app on Windows 8 for a couple months. Infinitely spins “signing in” but I have no issue connecting to games themselves. Specifically regarding Reckless Racing, after I purchased the DLC on Windows 8 through the games app quite some time ago, I was able to access and use the DLC on Windows 10 if you want to try that. It was just available in game.
    Game On.
    Posted on 05 January 20 at 14:27, Edited on 05 January 20 at 14:28 by MarkyshizzlePermalink
    @Wario

It wont let me purchase or redownload it on either Windows 8 or Windows 10. Win 8 links to the game app that wont work, and win 10 opens xbox app which does absolutely nothing.... and the content def isnt in the game.

i made the purchase and its on my account a long time ago but it like doesn't link back to the game at all I think since the game app is dead... Unless u have something you think i can try?
    - Markyshizzle
    Posted on 05 January 20 at 15:00Permalink
    From what I can remember I purchased it on windows 8 device and when I loaded the game on my Windows 10 device (didn’t redownload the game or anything) and the content was available. Don’t think there is a download file for the dlc it’s just being unlocked by the purchase. I’ll check later and see if I can find out anything more.
    Game On.
    Posted on 05 January 20 at 17:58Permalink
    I would appreciate it man. With the purchase being made in 2013, obviously im on a different system, etc
    - Markyshizzle
    Posted on 05 January 20 at 22:09Permalink
    Don't seem to have the DLC in game now either. I do remember when I purchased it I did have access to it on Win 10 without having to download anything but maybe it's no longer available even if you bought it.
    Game On.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete1,593,448
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 07:11Permalink
    Where did the option to play the DLC appear in game (keystrokes, please)

Bought it on 8.1 well after 10 launched,
    never found where to launch it on 8.1 or 10
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 13:51Permalink
    The fact that the xbox app wont let you login i belief cuts you off from the dlc.... cant even use it on win 8 which sucks
    - Markyshizzle
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 18:05Permalink
    @sspiro, after the purchase the races and cars appear in game after u get it from the "store" tab. prob is clicking in there leads to nothing of value on either os
    - Markyshizzle
  • Posted on 01 February 20 at 09:27Permalink
    I deleted the app because it wouldn't let me sign in. My intention was to re-download it but I can't find it anywhere in the MS store on Windows 8. The Xbox website link for the app is dead.

I managed to find it in my account purchase history just now but when I try to click install, it says the app is no longer available from the store. (I never downloaded it before. My account isn't that old and I never played Windows games on it before.)
  • Posted on 02 February 20 at 03:12Permalink
    My PC is a dual boot PC. I booted into Windows 10 and I was able to download and install Microsoft Jigsaw. But a lot of the games I have on my Windows 8.1 section are de-listed. Is it possible to share game files between different OS's on the same hard drive?

I also managed to re-install the Xbox Games app on Win. 8.1 by right clicking to highlight it and clicking on install at the bottom of the screen.

(I can't re-download the Win. 8.1 games because they belong to an Xbox profile I haven't had access to in years. So I can't use them at all if I can't log in on Windows 8.1 or if I can't somehow share them with my Windows 10 section of my HDD. Some games I remember had issues. Toy Soldiers (DLC I believe) didn't work on Windows 8.1 but worked on Windows 10.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.