The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 7th, 2020

• SchinderdivSchinderdiv653,435
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 02:27, Edited on 07 January 20 at 02:29 by Schinderdiv
    PsychicChicken said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    Haha, yeah I was lucky and managed to save enough points at the end of last year to get a new design lab controller
    You can do that? shock
    How?
    How many points was that?
    Yep! Redeem points for a MS or Xbox gift card, they both get desposited in your MS account all the same. It took 69K points, got it with the $10 black Friday discount but added some gunmetal accents so it ended up being only a couple dollars less than a base controller. Fortunately my wife is willing to give me her points if I'm ever a bit short on a sale, so she did help me out with 10K of those.

I'm considering saving up all of my points from here on out and just buying an Xbox Series X a few years down the line with them. All the quests and bonus points add up pretty fast. Although I feel the offers and "prizes" were better when it was Xbox Rewards and Bing Rewards was a separate thing.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • Posted on 07 January 20 at 02:54
    Argh I wish they would stop refusing to put the dragon ball fighter z fighter pass 2 on sale when it’s been reduced multiple times on other platforms
  • Whos JentWhos Jent186,754
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 03:11
    You can always count on a Ubisoft/Assassins Creed dale lol
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285406,243
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 03:26
    Another Ubisoft sale. Another week of nothing I want that I don't already have. Got overcooked awhile ago and saw it had paid DLC so quit playing til I bought it. Just looked and see it doesn't even have achievements. Glad I didn't waste the $1.49
  • Posted on 07 January 20 at 03:31
    Schinderdiv said:
    Fortunately my wife is willing to give me her points if I'm ever a bit short on a sale, so she did help me out with 10K of those.
    How did she give you points? Since those are tied to the account you can't do anything but redeem them. If you redeem them for Xbox credit you can't transfer that to another account either.
    This space for rent.
  • EvcEvc795,568 795,568 GamerScore
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 03:32
    Tatersoup19 said:
    Ethan Carter finally on sale; can’t believe it.
    I said the same thing when I saw it, its about time
  • JeffMommJeffMomm347,968
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 03:34
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    Fortunately my wife is willing to give me her points if I'm ever a bit short on a sale, so she did help me out with 10K of those.
    How did she give you points? Since those are tied to the account you can't do anything but redeem them. If you redeem them for Xbox credit you can't transfer that to another account either.
    You can gift a certain amount of points each month to a family member. My wife has donated a few thousand to me here and there...
  • Posted on 07 January 20 at 04:05
    JeffMomm said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    You can gift a certain amount of points each month to a family member. My wife has donated a few thousand to me here and there...
    Really? I did not know that. Where is that option? I don't see it in the redeem section.
    This space for rent.
  • JeffMommJeffMomm347,968
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 04:16
    MrZombieChicken said:
    JeffMomm said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    Really? I did not know that. Where is that option? I don't see it in the redeem section.
    On the Rewards page, go to the Community tab. Then you can "give points".
  • Posted on 07 January 20 at 04:25
    Aaero is awesome
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,087,967
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 05:10
    JeffMomm said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    JeffMomm said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    On the Rewards page, go to the Community tab. Then you can "give points".
    Yup, up to 5k a month. They do have to be added as a family member, but super easy.
    Matthew
  • ScoobyDoobyD0ntScoobyDoobyD0nt1,739,190
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 05:55
    i've been waiting for a sale on ethan carter for sooo long (': yay
    Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
  • Posted on 07 January 20 at 05:55, Edited on 07 January 20 at 05:58 by Elite1111111111
    緑眼のイアン#9349 said:
    Really? A season pass without all the DLC, gotta love it. roll
    Surf n' Turf is the first DLC, and it came out before they decided to go with a season pass. If it was included, anyone who bought the it would have gotten the short end of the stick.
  • EchelonSixEchelonSix595,264
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 06:09
    Tatersoup19 said:
    Ethan Carter finally on sale; can’t believe it.
    Shut up and insert the shekels laugh

Funny story: i saw that game 2 days ago and said to myself that i will buy it when its on sale... and here we areclap
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz635,669
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 06:40
    I'm here to celebrate with the rest of the Ethan Carter crew. Purchased.
  • ghostlymostlyghostlymostly1,436,297
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 07:51
    ... Ubisoft + paying the release price for a game = biggest joke ever :)
  • Blissed AwayBlissed Away678,375
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 08:52, Edited on 07 January 20 at 08:53 by Blissed Away
    Go buy Ethan Carter and then a few weeks later or next month it comes to Game Pass/Gold knowing my luck. Games seem to do this to me. facepalm

If I don't get it now, it may not go on sale for a while and won't be on Gold/Game Pass.
  • Posted on 07 January 20 at 09:05
    The Real Daemon said:
    My god, Overcooked 2 season pass. I've been waiting for 3000 years and was just about to buy it on Saturday.

I'll take it!
    I bought it a week or so ago due to the fact I'd never seen it on sale! At least it isn't a huge discount, but regardless there is a discount! haha.
  • Posted on 07 January 20 at 09:29
    Ethan Carter, bloody hell forgot that launched! Just pressed buy, I love walking sims and games that respect my time. That'll be a nice chilled Saturday morning completion :)
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan775,855
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 09:38
    Forza Horizon 3 in sale for the 34,438th time.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.