Game Discussion: Microsoft Sudoku

Changing Date = Duplicate Achievements?

• DaMurnDaMurn410,200
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 02:36, Edited on 07 January 20 at 02:37 by DaMurnPermalink
    I was doing the 'change date to access previous month challenges' trick, and it appears to have caused some achievements to unlock multiple times.

From memory, it was the "Marathon" and "Strive For Perfection" achievements that would 'unlock' again, after completing a challenge and returning to the challenge menu. You can see at this link DaMurn's achievements in Microsoft Sudoku (Mobile) that it currently says I have 920GS, where it should actually be 760GS.

Anyone experienced this before, and knows of a fix?

Semi-related (I guess), but I also noticed that my Premium subscription was not applied when I had the date in the past - is there some way to have it apply?
  • JeffMommJeffMomm326,796
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 03:32Permalink
    This happened to me as well. My Gamerscore for the game was up to 995 at one point. It does correct itself though. Mine is back to normal now...
  • DaMurnDaMurn410,200
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 06:04Permalink
    I may have figured out how to 'fix' your Gamerscore for this. I just unlocked another achievement (not a 'duplicate' unlock but an actual new achievement), and my GS has been corrected.
    Strange that this occurs in the first place, and I'm not sure what someone would do if they already had all the achievements unlocked, but it's something.
  • dakisbacdakisbac750,926
    Posted on 08 January 20 at 01:04Permalink
    Yep I had this too - at one point I was at 1600/1000 GS. It will correct itself automatically
  • Posted on 26 January 20 at 14:56Permalink
    How long does it take to correct itself? I've got the same problem now.
    Going for gamerscore. iiAssassinXxii
  • neilbanneilban116,807
    Posted on 01 February 20 at 20:53Permalink
    Had it happen to me today. I haven’t date changed though.
  • Posted on 01 February 20 at 23:55Permalink
    Same thing has happened to me twice now, only happened with "strive for perfection" and "marathon" very strange
    Original unlock date was december 27th but it has completely changed it to february 1st
  • Posted on 02 February 20 at 10:13Permalink
    Same for me. I didn’t change dates but since February 1st, “Strive for perfection” and “Marathon” both pop several times a day.
  • BobaFett110BobaFett110355,645
    Posted on 02 February 20 at 10:55Permalink
    This is the same for me the same two achievements Marathon & Strive For Perfection.
    GOW4 Scout Lv10 Sniper Lv10 Engineer Lv10 Soldier Lv10 Heavy Lv10
  • Posted on 02 February 20 at 13:06Permalink
    Ellinas Warrior said:
    Same for me. I didn’t change dates but since February 1st, “Strive for perfection” and “Marathon” both pop several times a day.
    +1
  • BinaryRuseBinaryRuse487,270
    Posted on 02 February 20 at 16:54Permalink
    Guitar LInc0ln said:
    Ellinas Warrior said:
    +1
    +1
  • HoHe69HoHe691,236,118
    Posted on 02 February 20 at 23:30Permalink
    I only wanna do the daily challenges, but will stop now til its patched!

Yesterday and today it unlocked strive and marathon 3 times each in ca. 10 min. playing time...shock
  • ZedarboyZedarboy1,610,406
    Posted on 03 February 20 at 00:56Permalink
    Every time I open the game I get Strive For Perfection and Marathon now, my gamerscore for this game is higher than it should be and it's messing up other game scans.
  • LancerideLanceride354,232
    Posted on 03 February 20 at 00:56Permalink
    Also happening to me. Was hoping unlocking achievements in other games would fix it, but unfortunately it did not.
  • Posted on 03 February 20 at 10:09Permalink
    I’ve unlocked achievements in other games, I’ve also tried unlocking achievements in sudoku and still having same issue
    I have tried to look dunno if I’ve missed something
  • El ThommoEl Thommo448,379
    Posted on 03 February 20 at 12:46Permalink
    Yep, this is all over the place at present. On game load, they both pop. If you play some games and choose Done instead of Play Again, they pop. Yesterday i had achieved 2040gs of the 1000 total. Then it rights itself and the pattern repeats.

Groundhog Day was on over and over and over yesterday on Sky Movies - seems apt to be honest :)

What's worse is that since this has started happening my level tracker isn't working properly (it's stuck at 92 of 250, but i'm now level 121), nor is the games played etc etc. I've not date changed at all, i only installed the game on the 26th Jan in time to get the January medals!

Not really sure what to do now tbh
  • MysticWeirdoMysticWeirdo1,694,734
    Posted on 04 February 20 at 04:54, Edited on 04 February 20 at 12:09 by MysticWeirdoPermalink
    Had this happen earlier today ended up with 440 extra Gamerscore in the game. The score sorted itself on xbox.com but this game still shows the wrong score on TA.

EDIT: When the achievements repopped again TA scanned in the score that was only 40 more than it should be, so to fix it here it would be necessary to pop a new achievement in the game.
  • GYS GHOSTGYS GHOST229,774
    Posted on 07 February 20 at 23:44Permalink
    i never changed the date but i have the same issue
    If we are strong, our strength will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be of no help. John F. Kennedy
  • KarenMack87KarenMack87132,979
    Posted on 08 February 20 at 23:24Permalink
    Yeah i have same issue and have never changed the date.
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw584,555
    Posted on 10 February 20 at 09:46Permalink
    This game has been all kinds of broken since 1 January.
    There is always a way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.