The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The Four Quickest Game Completions from the latest Xbox Sales

• Posted on 07 January 20 at 20:13
    I've been waiting a long time for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter to go on sale, so picked that up.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • NessNoldoNessNoldo205,004
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 20:41
    Do more lists like this please. I'm sure we really want to know where the easy completions are in Game Pass every month too.
    I completed it with controller. No problem at all.
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor348,406
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 21:47
    NismoR034 said:
    Actually, not to derail the thread, but I live in Canberra which for those who might not know, is the capital of the country. While we don’t have any bushfires directly, we are completely surrounded by the state of New South Wales which is very much affected by the fires, and as such Canberra’s air quality and smoke haze has been so bad that we have actually been the worst in the world on multiple days for air quality in terms of toxicity. Worse than places in China or India. An air rating of 400 is considered ‘hazardous’; some suburbs were over 4000!

But that’s all I want to say on it because, again, I don’t want to derail the thread. This country is going through hell right now but even with it as bad as it is, life goes on right? I can still think about other things. And the situation with the AU Xbox store is bizarre and yes, rather frustrating. Really hope Xbox Australia get their shit together for the Series X and beyond.
    Hang in there guys. All Australians I know are happy and optimistic but having a natural disaster of such magnitude unfold almost in your backyard must be extremely unnerving. One of my co-workers went to Melbourne last month, another went to Sydney for the holidays and should be back this week. I wonder what she saw. I have yet to meet a person who went to Australia and didn't enjoy it but none tried to buy a game on AU XBox Live. Maybe this is simply a question of copyrights and trade agreements? I don't know. This planet is going to hell and we're counting gamerscore. Not that I think it's a bad thing, no tree had to die for it.
    saturnsailor
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor348,406
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 21:49
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    saturnsailor said:
    K4rn4ge said:
    Post War Dreams is one of the worst games I have ever played but indeed it is an easy completion.
    Now that you invested in it they'll make another one just like it or worse. Thanks a lot.
    Yeah I'm sure that the only reason they'll make more games like it is purely because this person bought it, just this person, no one else laugh roll
    Good to see this made it to 2020. Don't know what I'd do if people stopped taking obvious sarcasm seriously.
    what, did you think human stupidity would stop in the matter of a day just because the year changes numbers? laugh Also sarcasm isn't very obvious to me on the internet so shhh redface
    Let me guess: you also bought this game and now you're feeling guilty. All I can say is: you should be.
    saturnsailor
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr1,296,192
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 22:44
    Vanstrom336 said:
    Noodles Jr said:
    Post War Dreams is an interesting game. Whenever I try to play it on my account, it refuses to acknowledge any button inputs... at all. Not even in the menu. If I sign into another account, works fine.
    Do you have a wired controller plugged in? I've found that on certain games even if I am using a wireless controller it will default me to the wired and the only way to fix it is to unplug it or turn it off.
    Nope. Only had one controller turned on and it was a wireless one, though I'll try and mess around with different controller setups to see if I can make it work by brute force. Nothing bothers me more than not being able to get a 1-2 hour completion because the game doesn't work.
    If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
  • ScoobyDoobyD0ntScoobyDoobyD0nt1,739,190
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 23:18
    saturnsailor said:
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    saturnsailor said:
    K4rn4ge said:
    Post War Dreams is one of the worst games I have ever played but indeed it is an easy completion.
    Now that you invested in it they'll make another one just like it or worse. Thanks a lot.
    Yeah I'm sure that the only reason they'll make more games like it is purely because this person bought it, just this person, no one else laugh roll
    Good to see this made it to 2020. Don't know what I'd do if people stopped taking obvious sarcasm seriously.
    what, did you think human stupidity would stop in the matter of a day just because the year changes numbers? laugh Also sarcasm isn't very obvious to me on the internet so shhh redface
    Let me guess: you also bought this game and now you're feeling guilty. All I can say is: you should be.
    Mmm no actually i didn't but thank you for your concern ( :
    Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,152,495
    Posted on 08 January 20 at 00:18
    I've been waiting for Ethan Carter to go on sale for a long time. I don't want to pay $20 for a 1-2 hour game.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • ILethalStangILethalStang392,181
    Posted on 08 January 20 at 07:00
    The vanishing of Ethan Carter was a really good game and Maka91 has a pretty good video walkthrough
  • TonycaTonyca1,053,858
    Posted on 08 January 20 at 11:11
    Pillar is not available to me in the store.. ¿?
    Tonyca
  • Posted on 09 January 20 at 04:37
    Glad I picked up The Vanishing of Ethan Carter thanks to this article. I just knocked it out with Maka91's video guide.

I'd say it is What Remains of Edith Finch? mixed with H.P. Lovecraft... and also some vibes of Murdered: Soul Suspect. Definitely one of the better "walking sim" narrative experiences.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.