Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Question for the Investigations Team

• Posted on 11 January 20 at 06:33Permalink
    Someone has found a way to unlock the discontinued achievement in Child of Light by disconnecting their internet the moment they press the option to send a gift then quickly reconnecting. Before I attempt this I want to be sure I won’t be penalized in any way on this site. Does this go against any site policy?
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,171,046
    Posted on 11 January 20 at 23:18, Edited on 11 January 20 at 23:21 by EarthboundXPermalink
    I'd like to know how TA feels about this as well.

Here's the forum post of people discussing it for more info.

Through the looking glass issue

Thanks.
  • Posted on 12 January 20 at 05:44Permalink
    That seems to be an acceptable workaround.
    Posted on 12 January 20 at 07:44Permalink
    Alright, thanks for the update. Gonna wait a bit myself, see if MS has anything to say, or does anything about it.
  • Facial La FleurFacial La Fleur1,052,943
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 05:04Permalink
    Investigations, if this works on 360 as well but ends up being an Offline achievement due to the chance of losing connection to Live completely, will there be consequences for unlocking a technically Online achievement Offline?
  • AhayzoAhayzo600,172
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 05:23Permalink
    There wasn't for Halo Wars, can't imagine this being different
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 09:24Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    Hmm, what can be done in Halo Wars like this?
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 22:14Permalink
    If the process is the same on each platform (which I've been told it is), we have a system in place to ignore specific achievements as needed.
  • AhayzoAhayzo600,172
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 22:33Permalink
    EarthboundX said:
    Ahayzo said:
    Been a while I since I read the specifics on it, but it was basically the same thing. Start your match, and once it loads pull your cable and reconnect, it'll think your opponent DC'd and give you the win unlocking online achievements with no timestamp.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 01:41Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Ahayzo said:
    Been a while I since I read the specifics on it, but it was basically the same thing. Start your match, and once it loads pull your cable and reconnect, it'll think your opponent DC'd and give you the win unlocking online achievements with no timestamp.
    Ah OK, weird. Luckily I did all that already. Good to know for people in the future though I guess,
  • lilmac412002lilmac412002111,217
    Posted yesterday at 19:39Permalink
    Hello, apparently my account was flagged for cheating a while ago. This went unnoticed to me because I really haven't been able to play that much in the past year. However when I do play and try to track my achievements I enjoy using your site. I've never really paid attention to leaderboards or anything like that. Sometimes I'm a completionist, depending on how much free time I have and how much I enjoy the game. And your site is very good at letting me just be able to see how many different achievements I got, or how many I have missing or offer the occasional advice. In my opinion it's better at it then Xbox is. I work very hard for every achievement that I do get. The worst thing that I've ever done was read the comments on how to get an achievement that I'm stuck on. But at the end of the day it still on me to actually enact whatever I had to do to get my achievement I've never used any codes cheats or shortcuts.

I'm not gonna be one the people that come on the forums and blast you and say your policy sucks or anything like that. If anything I'm glad that you do try to do your due diligence to catch people that cheat. However I would like to know what I could do to rectify the situation since I'm actually not one of those people and I truly enjoy your website for personal non malice reasons.
    Game lover/occasional completionist
    Posted yesterday at 21:45Permalink
    lilmac412002 said:
    Hello, apparently my account was flagged for cheating a while ago. This went unnoticed to me because I really haven't been able to play that much in the past year. However when I do play and try to track my achievements I enjoy using your site. I've never really paid attention to leaderboards or anything like that. Sometimes I'm a completionist, depending on how much free time I have and how much I enjoy the game. And your site is very good at letting me just be able to see how many different achievements I got, or how many I have missing or offer the occasional advice. In my opinion it's better at it then Xbox is. I work very hard for every achievement that I do get. The worst thing that I've ever done was read the comments on how to get an achievement that I'm stuck on. But at the end of the day it still on me to actually enact whatever I had to do to get my achievement I've never used any codes cheats or shortcuts.

I'm not gonna be one the people that come on the forums and blast you and say your policy sucks or anything like that. If anything I'm glad that you do try to do your due diligence to catch people that cheat. However I would like to know what I could do to rectify the situation since I'm actually not one of those people and I truly enjoy your website for personal non malice reasons.
    Might be better to make your own topic, since what you're asking has nothing to do with this one.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.