Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

Doom Eternal Release Date, Gameplay Details and Everything Else We Know So Far

• Posted on 12 January 20 at 05:05, Edited on 12 January 20 at 05:08 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzPermalink
    PartyInTheUSSRx said:
    Aren’t these the devs that released Rage 2 with game breaking bugs and never bothered to fix them? Can’t wait for the ‘polish’ they’re known for
    Nope. So your excited now right?! roll
    Matthew
  • BownzinhoBownzinho238,590
    Posted on 12 January 20 at 12:44Permalink
    I’ll be getting this day 1. And when I’m recovered I’ll be working my through the final doom wad update that’s just shown up for the classic dooms too
  • Posted on 12 January 20 at 13:53Permalink
    Really disappointed there's no TDM, total no buy from me now. I was really looking forward to it as well :(
  • etcher1981etcher1981586,817
    Posted on 12 January 20 at 20:15Permalink
    Sooo….Without a Xbox One X what? Doom Eternal will run at 720p, 30 fps at most? There is a lot of games I'll be waiting to play until 2021 when I buy a Series X as I'm not wasting money to get a Xbox One X this close to next gen.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,025,031
    Posted on 12 January 20 at 21:45, Edited on 12 January 20 at 21:45 by buttmudBrooksPermalink
    Bownzinho said:
    I’ll be getting this day 1. And when I’m recovered I’ll be working my through the final doom wad update that’s just shown up for the classic dooms too
    This post made my day as I've not heard this news until now. I read up some and it looks like we're getting Evilution, Plutonia, Sigil and No Rest for the Living added to Doom 2. However, I haven't found any info about achievements which I sadly deem necessary for me to play through all that extra Doom again (exception of Sigil). Here's hoping.
    etcher1981 said:
    Sooo….Without a Xbox One X what? Doom Eternal will run at 720p, 30 fps at most? There is a lot of games I'll be waiting to play until 2021 when I buy a Series X as I'm not wasting money to get a Xbox One X this close to next gen.
    You'll be missing out but you're probably right about the original One or the S. Doom Eternal will undoubtedly be playable on the XSX.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 13 January 20 at 07:26Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    PartyInTheUSSRx said:
    Aren’t these the devs that released Rage 2 with game breaking bugs and never bothered to fix them? Can’t wait for the ‘polish’ they’re known for
    Well don’t I feel like an idiot
  • Lord MidasLord Midas257,076
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 08:34Permalink
    So excited for this. A nice birthday treat of slaughtering Demons by the hundreds.

If you've not played Doom 2016, then do so NOW!!
    Would you kindly
  • BownzinhoBownzinho238,590
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 10:02Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Bownzinho said:
    This post made my day as I've not heard this news until now. I read up some and it looks like we're getting Evilution, Plutonia, Sigil and No Rest for the Living added to Doom 2. However, I haven't found any info about achievements which I sadly deem necessary for me to play through all that extra Doom again (exception of Sigil). Here's hoping.
    They’re actually out now, no achievements in afraid
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 12:26Permalink
    Bownzinho said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Bownzinho said:
    That's disappointing. It's very cool they've made basically all the official Doom games available to Xbox users (something I've been asking for since 2012 when PS3 got the Classic Complete collection). Final Doom is long and difficult so I was hoping for at least a few achievements.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 13 January 20 at 13:17Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Bownzinho said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Bownzinho said:
    That's disappointing. It's very cool they've made basically all the official Doom games available to Xbox users (something I've been asking for since 2012 when PS3 got the Classic Complete collection). Final Doom is long and difficult so I was hoping for at least a few achievements.
    I'd love more achievements, but i'm just glad there's no "Finish Final Doom/Sigil on Co-op Nightmare" achievement. Playing them just for the sake of the gameplay alone is enough for me, but i can see why achievement hunters won't bother.
    "The fear of Blood tends to create fear for the Flesh"
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor129,217
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 18:14Permalink
    PsychicChicken said:
    If I didn't have such a backlog (and Game Pass!) I would pick this up, day one. I'm just too far behind and not making up enough ground. I'm drowning in games.
    No one feels sorry for you! It's plain to see you revel in your suffering!
    saturnsailor
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 18:19Permalink
    Maverick Hiro said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Bownzinho said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Bownzinho said:
    I'd love more achievements, but i'm just glad there's no "Finish Final Doom/Sigil on Co-op Nightmare" achievement. Playing them just for the sake of the gameplay alone is enough for me, but i can see why achievement hunters won't bother.
    This is a good point as I have yet to get those achievements in Doom 1993 or Doom 2 classic. I think I will play through because I love Doom, but trying to thresh my backlog down before the Series X and of course playing Eternal and Doom 64 will make it very hard to find extra time!
    Always number 2.
  • StK IStK I590,687
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 18:33Permalink
    Hope it's as fun as the first!
  • Posted on 13 January 20 at 20:07Permalink
    PartyInTheUSSRx said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    PartyInTheUSSRx said:
    Well don’t I feel like an idiot
    Haha all good brotha! Itll hopefully be a pretty smooth experience! toast
    Matthew
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.